main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Winds of Change - Anakin's Saga is completed!!!!....Sequel announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Feb 5, 2003.

1. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    *walks into thread shyly* Hi there. [face_blush] Just wanted to say I love this story. I hope Padme and Ani get together soon...oh, and Balé is the cutest!

Amigirl :cool:

2. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Welcome, amigirl! I was hoping you would come by.

Here is the next chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 4. Every Road Has a Beginning

I can do this, Anakin thought. I can outlast him. I can sit here forever if I have to. I won?t give in.

He no longer had any sense of how long he had been sitting with Master Yoda, struggling to meditate with him in the way he had been taught. His body was strong and at the moment it was the only thing keeping him upright. The struggle was in his mind and in his senses. It was in the spaces between his cells and in the energy points in his body. It was in the boundaries he himself had created against the Force; the inner armor that had held him together and allowed him to cling to life when he had deliberately turned his life?s essence away from its natural flow.

Pushed it away, you did, Master Yoda had told him. Fenced it off. Allow it back, only you can.

Anakin felt the old Master was playing a waiting game with him. How many times had they sat together in this way, only to have Anakin give up in anguish? But he kept coming back to try again. And Master Yoda allowed him to.

Not in the Force, are the barriers. The Force has none. In you, the barriers are.

Without barriers he would fall apart.

Great fear in I sense in you, young Skywalker. Trust in the Force, you must.

He always had trusted in the Force. It had been his constant companion, like his blood or his breath. Suppose the Old One was right? What was he afraid of? He desperately needed to open himself to it again; to have it surging though him like an endless stream. To hear it speak and to feel it move. To use it to shape his life and his dreams.

Remember how it was, before this fear. Before so afraid were you.

Anakin calmed his breathing even more and tried to find some memory of an earlier time in his life, a time when he could use the Force, that wouldn?t hurt if he dwelled on it. He visualized a vast series of doors, each one a threshold to a memory, an experience, and a part of himself. Everything he loved and longed for was behind those doors. Everything he couldn?t have, or had lost. Everything he had been, and was no more. He felt that if he opened even one of them the pain would be impossible to bear. In his mind he wandered down the corridor looking at door after door trying to find one that he could risk opening.

Always in motion, is the Force. Stuck fast, you are, going neither forward nor backward. How can the Force find a home in you?

He was stuck. The Old One was right. If he didn?t move forward he would have no mastery over his life. He could not reach out and take hold of the things he wanted. But if he did open one of those doors - any one - he was sure that whatever he encountered would throw him straight back into the fiery pit at the core of his existence.

Let go, you must, young one. Let go.

He had let go before. He had willingly given up everything. But that was different. That was for her.

He hadn?t really expected to come back and have to carry on. In fact, that time he had no expectations at all.

No expectations.

If he had no expectations, that meant he had to trust in whatever happened. He would have to trust that whatever happened would not be more than he could bear.

Trust in the Force, young one.

He could stay here forever. Longer than Master Yoda, even. He could outlast him.

Or he could move forward and put an end to this limbo.

No expectations.

No fear.

Finally Anakin reached out in his mind and yanked open one of the doors. He didn?t care which. Whatever it was, he was sure he would regret it.

Do not fear, young one. The Force will be with you.

Anakin open his inner eyes to feel himself leaping through thin air. Where was he? He was younger. He felt physically smaller and lighter. He felt?joyful. Light. Free. The jump seemed to go on forever. And then he landed, steadied by the waiting arms of Obi-Wan.

?Good job, Anakin,? hi

3. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    ::sniffles:: I - I - ::bursts into tears:: That was so SAD! ::wails:: Poor Ani! I don't care what those stupid masters say, all that boy needs is a hug! ::hugs a very confused-looking Anakin::

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Your description of Anakin's decision to take down his barriers was very moving. He's right -- when you have no expectations, there's no reason to be afraid. And the fact that he (for now) is willing to open up to Obi-Wan (even if it takes extreme measures to do so) is touching.

Lon got away too easily. Get 'im Ani! :mad: :D

Anakin has to keep everything he really cares about a secret. How sad. :_|

It would most certainly not involve wasting his time with self-righteous Jedi Padawans.
    Mr. Skywalker, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Vader. I think you'll find you have much in common. [face_devil]

5. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Ah, I love this chapter. So much to say...
    A padawan roughing up Anakin? Bad move...

The Jedi really do give him a hard time - if I was Anakin I'd probably turn darkside too. :p

And Obi-wan and Yoda are the only Jedi that understand him and treat him differently from the way the others treat him. Funny, that they were the only ones who survived the Purge.

Then of couse, the fight with Obi-wan, that totally sparks my imagination.
    I like how Obi 'cracked' Anakin - exactly like a complex troubled teenager.

6. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    *Sniffles* :( Very, very touching post. Poor Anakin. When everything boils down, you have to wonder- who pushed Anakin to the Dark Side? The Order or his choices? And the more you look at it and study it, the Order and his choices, you can decide that Anakin only wanted to be free- to be himself. So it could be that the Order pushed him to make his choices, so that he could be free, and in turn pushed him to the Dark Side.
    How I love analyzing these things :) .
    What's going to happen with the Padawan who tried to beat Anakin up? And are Anakin and Padme going to see each other again soon?

7. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Poor Anakin. Look at all he has to go through just because he wanted love.

It was nice to read that Anakin was taking down his barriers and allowing Obi-Wan in, even if just for a moment.

8. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    Go Ani, Don't give up on the Force!!! 8-} I agree with Breanna, Ani just needs a hug *shoves Breanna away and claims Ani for herself* :D Loved that post, it really showed some insight on how Ani has been feeling. I don't like how he is being treated by those other Padawans. They better watch their backs because Ani is going to teach them a lesson once he gets his use of the force back! lol.

Amigirl :cool:

9. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    WOW! Obi Wan certainly underestimates himself as a teacher/master... He was doing well here. :)

"By doing that you restore the purity of the Order?" Yes, Ani, give them another option [face_devil]

Great post!

10. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Two excellent posts geo3!
    As I said before you are very good in describing Anakin's feelings. And Padme's too.
    Can't wait for them to meet each other.
    Sorry for loosing and don't reply the previous post and for the short reply here, but I'm too busy these days. My son is having tests -he needs some help and I have lessonplans to prepare for my students. (Darth Algebra from the teacher's point of view. :D :D )
    But I am enjoying the story very much.
    Thanks for the PM.
    Lena

11. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Another brilliant and heartbreaking post.

Good ol' Obi - the lad definately needs a cuddle. [face_love] And the bit where Anakin finds Bale's message... sniff! Blub!!! Give him a a break, you daft flippin' Jedi! You'll make him go all dark!

As for that Lon - can I set Tiahn on him? [face_devil] Nothing serious, just a quiet talk and a few broken bones... ;)

More please!

12. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Another fantastic, emotional story.

Will Ani go completely dark in this one? Will you give me a warning if he does?

I like the reference to the fiery pit, too.

13. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    I just found this story today. It is absolutely wonderful. I will be looking forward to the next part. :D

14. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Hey, thanks for letting me know about your story.

Poor, poor Ani. I loved the passage where he remembers the last time he was without pain, when he was lying with Padmé. :(

Good stuff!

--MissPadme

15. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thank you all! I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

Irulan I agree with you. As the writer, I'll make sure he gets one!

Darth_Lex Mr. Skywalker, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Vader. I think you'll find you have much in common. LOL! It's early days yet, but yes!

Lando_Plenty Your insight serves you well...

PhoenixMage Like you, I believe that things happen for complex reasons.

aotc02 I agree. His relationship with Obi-Wan will continue to be important, I think.

leia_amigirl I promise he won't give up on the Force!

LadyZ Thank you! Yes, Ani, give them another option... I'll say!

JediArwen Thank you for stopping by! Come by whenever you can. Regards to Darth Algebra...

illuminatrix I would LOVE to have Tiahn! (For those of you who have not met this feisty and original character, check out illuminatrix' fic)

Dally I'm glad you caught the fiery pit reference! I'm incapable of taking the darkness too far - I can't mutilate Anakin or kill Padme. I'll leave those horrors to George - so I think you're pretty safe here...

c_owensky Thank you! Welcome!

Miss Padme Thank you and welcome! There will be some mush in this story...

And here is a little teaser for Chapter 5......................................

Obi-Wan?s attention was suddenly drawn to a single figure that was stepping up to the dais. She stopped to greet the Chancellor, and then took a place near the exit on the opposite side. He stared. It couldn?t be. The Council had reviewed the list very carefully. He looked again. It had to be Senator Amidala. He sent out a probe through the Force and confirmed her very familiar Force signature. It was as strong as ever.

Blast! he thought, and glanced toward Anakin.

Anakin had vanished. A quick search through the Force confirmed that he was nowhere in the audience chamber.

Blast! thought Obi-Wan again.

16. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I just want to say I really enjoy this story. I followed "Children of Circumstance," and I like this one too. My poor, poor Ani. They just don't understand him. They're just asking for Palpy to step in and corrupt him.

Bad, bad Jedi!

17. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    teaser sounds good geo3!can't wait for Ani to see Padme again..he so needs her warmth and comfort...something which the jedi order can't give...

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *sigh*

Silly Jedi, when will they learn that one can stop LOVE as easily as one can stop the tides....

[face_love]

20. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Wow, geo. I'm so glad that I finally got around to reading this...now I'm hooked!

Balé Mindin Naberrie Skywalker
    Absolutely wonderful character addition. She's adorable and gives Anakin and Padme another strong reason to be together. Well done!

21. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    YAY!!!!!!!!! Good job Geo! Horay for Ani! That was a good post!

Cheers,

Roxy

22. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    UP!Hope you get a chance to post today Geo3!can't wait!

23. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    More feedback! Hooray!

stacysatrip Hi, and welcome! It's nice to know that you have been enjoying Anakin's saga.

searth_99 Absolutely. It's high time. And thanks for the UP! The next chapter follows...

lori71 Welcome! In response to popular request, the story continues herewith...

Jedi_Roxy Thanks, Roxy!

And so, on with the story.....

Chapter 5. A Touch of Genius

?Are you ready for this??

Obi-Wan came into Anakin?s sleeping quarters after only a cursory knock and sat down while his trainee finished pulling on his boots.

?Of course I am. I have been working toward this for a long time.?

?You have done well, Anakin.? Obi-Wan didn?t often hand out praise, but his former Padawan?s dedication to his training had been astounding, particularly once his ability to use the Force had gradually begun to return. ?I have never seen anyone work so hard.?

Anakin bobbed his head in thanks. He rarely spoke much any more. For three months now he had worked and slept and worked some more, and kept very much to himself. He never chatted or shared a joke. But he trained as though demons were snapping at his heels. He was nothing like the Anakin from before.

When Anakin finished with his boots and stood up he seemed to fill up the small room. He had added a good deal of muscle to his frame in the course of his training. Obi-Wan thought he might have grown a finger or so in height, as well. He was becoming an imposing presence.

Without signaling his intentions Obi-Wan suddenly used the Force to snatch the hilt of Anakin?s lightsaber off the bed at lightening speed. Anakin caught it before it got beyond arm?s reach. It was a pretty good reflex.

?How was that?? Obi-Wan asked.

Anakin shook his head. ?I?m way beyond that by now. Don?t waste your time.?

?I asked, how was it?? Obi-Wan persisted.

?All right that time, but still inconsistent,? Anakin admitted. There was no point in hiding his inadequacies from his training Master if his goal was to eradicate them. ?Sometimes I?m certain, other times, less so. I can?t seem to control it all the time.? He was talking about his ability to use the Force. Anakin looked at Obi-Wan and shook the weapon at him. ?But playing catch is something I can do.? He clipped it to his belt.

?It will come in time. You have improved a lot already,? Obi-Wan said, and stood up as well. ?Let?s go. You need to get out.?

Their destination was the Council Chamber. They were to be given a joint assignment. It was Anakin?s first since his return, and he was quite certain that he owed it exclusively to Obi-Wan?s recommendation and confidence in him.

He wished he had the same confidence in himself. His ability to channel the Force was gradually returning, but it didn?t feel anything like the way it had before. It was workmanlike, methodical. He felt clumsy and awkward with it. When he thought back to his skills before?before Naboo? he remembered the feeling of knowing no limits. He had felt light, free, almost invincible. Nothing was particularly difficult. Now he had to work for every single achievement. There was no genius in it.

They entered the Chamber and bowed to the Council members.

Master Windu gave them their assignment.

?The Senate is conducting an awards ceremony to honor heroes of several recent battles.? he began. ?The event is a fairly straightforward one but attendance is expected to be very large.?

Anakin looked straight at him. The Jedi Master caught the look and shook his head almost imperceptibly. No, of course she wouldn?t be there. They would not give him the assignment if the Senator from Naboo were on the list of those who would attend.

Master Windu went on. ?Some of the invitees are from far-flung territories and may bring their local disputes and animosities with them. Extra security has been requested.?

A security assignment. Of course. What else would they entrust him with? Anakin did as he always did nowadays and locked away his feelings and hopes and dreams into a deep place in

24. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Yay!! They're reunited, even if only temporarily. :D [face_love] [face_love]

This chapter is so great because it reminds us of the other sides of the issues in their lives. Such as ---

** Anakin's trick is so perfect. It elicits exactly the necessary realistic reaction from Padme. The brilliant, strategic side of Anakin (and Vader) we sometimes forget about. [face_devil]

** Love can make you do crazy and stupid things, but it also can invigorate and rejuvenate and restore the sparkle to life. Just being around Padme again would have been enough, I think. :D

** Obi-Wan knows that if Anakin remains weak, he'll be even more desperate (and prone to darkness) than if his powers return. "But at what cost?" :( This kid is such an enigma... ;)

?Besides, you are not easily killed.?
    Oof! How do you write these kinds of things? So gut-wrenchingly foresightful. :_| :_|

The boy is badly in need of some inspiration.
    Hee hee! My favorite line of the story so far. [face_mischief] [face_love] [face_blush]

25. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    THEY GOT TO SEE EACH OTHER! YAY!
    Anakin does need Padme. She keeps him grounded. Without her, he'd probably be impossible to train in any way.