main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Winds of Change - Anakin's Saga is completed!!!!....Sequel announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Feb 5, 2003.

1. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I like it! I like it! Anakin a teacher, and a good one in fact.
    Great post as usual geo.
    And he is learning patience. I'd like to see this. He could give me some lessons if he manages...
    Anakin searching for Padme through the force... [face_love] [face_love]
    And Palpy waiting for this... :_| :_|
    Can't wait for more.

2. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    It just gets better and better. Great job, geo!

The JC just doesn't have a clue. They see Anakin's progress as a sign of subservience and obedience, but they are simply forcing him to be more subversive. Anakin is a bird in a gilded cage and will escape at his first opportunity. And worse, knowing which bird of prey will be waiting for him.

I just love the idea of Anakin as an instructor. He clearly has the compassion that most of the other masters are lacking. It was, however, sad to read that section...knowing that Anakin will be leading the Jedi purge, and wondering if he will be responsible for the deaths of these very students.

Wonderful insight!

3. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    I am definately gonna be screaming at the Jedi by the end of this... You flippin' MORONS!!

Geo, you are a brilliantly talented writer - the segment where Anakin searches for Padme was so evocative. I could SEE those images in my head!

The sabre class, and the little moment with the bereaved padawan was very sweet. [face_smile]

And Palpy - the man is due a kicking. No question. (Tiahn Magog slips a set of brass knuckles into her pocket then sweetly asks for an appointment with the Supreme Chancellor... ;))

This fic is GORGEOUS!

4. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Geo,

More wonderful additions to this fabulous story. Yeah!

Chap 5 - I gotta wonder. Jedi: why do you let the Boy go anywhere near the Senate Building? Are you trying to push our sweet couple together? Padme is a Senator - she's gonna be around there. Trying to keep Anakin & Padme apart = impossible! ye gods!

this story makes me sigh. <sigh>

5. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    That's great that Anakin is a teacher now. He can use his abilties to help other Padawans.

It's really cool that Anakin was able to locate Padmé's signature and talk to her. Do I sense another reunion coming up?

6. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Two wonderful posts. I like the idea of Anakin as a teacher. Hope to see a new post soon. :D

7. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    An up for a wonderfull story!

8. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I'm going to have to come up with new ways of saying thank you soon!

stacysatrip Thank you! Yes, Palpatine will never be far away in this story.

PhoenixMage Anakin seems to feel a lot better.

Irulan Thank you!

DarthLex The interplay between the dark and light sides can only become more complex. Few things are as they seem.

LadyZ I think it is widely known that some of the most troublesome students often make the best teachers. I would draw the line at the creche, though!

Lando_Plenty Anakin is definitely changing - and you are so right about the pressures on him! And they aren't going to end anytime soon.

pensfan100Welcome! I'm glad you found this story. I keep trying to make them happpy, but the characters won't let me.

leia_amigirl Oh, dear. Just wait.

JediArwen Some patience, yes. More than before. But this is still Anakin we are talking about. And thank you for the up!

lori71 OOh - the Purge. Chilling to even think about. but that is a long road ahead.

illuminatrix Thank you!

GirlJedi Just wait!

aotc02 You do indeed - in the very next post! You don't think he would let another couple of weeks go by after he found her, do you?

c_ownesby Thank you! the next post will go up on Thursday.

And now for a little teaser for Thursday's post......

?Hello, Sabé,? Anakin grinned.

?Oh, Gods, not you again.? She seriously was tempted to slam the door in his face until Padmé came flying out of her bedroom and threw herself into his arms. Anakin looked at Sabé meaningfully over his wife?s shoulder. She rolled her eyes and gave up. It had been a nice thought while it lasted. But he never seemed to go away.

?Aren?t you under armed guard, or something?? Sabé grumbled.

9. lori71

May 18, 2002

[face_laugh] That's just too funny. Can't wait for Thursday!

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Another good installment...I enjoyed how you showed Anakin with the padawans. I always figured he would be good with youngsters. I also liked the way he touched Padmé mentally, even if it did attract the attention of a certain Sith Lord.

--MissPadme

11. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    lori71 Here is the next post!

MissPadme Thank you! The story continues with ....mush.

Chapter 6. The Lighted Path Part II

It was a good night to go for a walk. Anakin had no plans to broadcast his intentions; on the other hand, he didn?t particularly care if anyone knew that he had left. After months of having willingly remained confined to the Temple except for his visit to the Senate building with Obi-Wan, he simply got up and walked out of his room, down several corridors, rode down two different lifts and made his way to the Temple?s main hallway. The evening threshold sentinel looked up as he passed. Anakin lifted his hand in greeting. The Padawan on duty stared at him for a moment. It was Brith.

Anakin was about to wave and be on his way when something made him go over to the boy.

?Hey, Brith.?

Poulan ducked his head in greeting.

They looked at one another for a moment, with their eyes and through the Force. Poulan was troubled.

?Are you ?are you coming back?? he asked suddenly, awkwardly.

Anakin nodded. ?I?ll be back before you wake up.?

Poulan wasn?t comforted. There was something weighing on him. Anakin could feel it through the Force.

?Don?t you?don?t you want to be here??

Anakin could feel his pulse rise slightly as some sleeping demons began to stir. He didn?t want to think about this now; he only wanted to go. But the boy?s need held him.

?I?ve never wanted to be anywhere else,? he said truthfully. Still, his feet were itching to move toward the door.

Poulan couldn?t contain himself. ?I?I don?t want you to go.? He clearly didn?t just mean tonight.

Others do, thought Anakin. The bond between them was not such that Poulan could pick up the words, but there was nothing wrong with his perception. He understood perfectly.

Out loud Anakin said, gently, ?I have to go.?

Poulan nodded.

?I?ll see you,? Anakin said, and headed toward the massive doors of the Temple.

Anakin made his way out of the Temple compound and into the nearest Transit Station. Lacking credits, he comfortably used a few tricks to get to his destination, which turned out to be an elegant apartment building quite near the Senate precinct.

It was so simple.

A few minutes later he did indeed walk through Padmé?s front door. The only obstacle was that the person who opened it didn?t look very happy to see him.

?Hello, Sabé,? Anakin grinned.

?Oh, Gods, not you again.? She seriously was tempted to slam the door in his face until Padmé came flying out of her bedroom and threw herself into his arms. Anakin looked at Sabé meaningfully over his wife?s shoulder. She rolled her eyes and gave up. It had been a nice thought while it lasted. But he never seemed to go away.

?Not at the moment,? he said, looking only at Padmé. With her sleepy face and tumbled hair she looked heartbreakingly beautiful.

?How long can you stay?? Padmé asked, taking his hand and pulling him toward the bedroom.

?I should get back before dawn.?

?AWOL,? Sabé muttered. ?Great.?

The first thing Padmé did when they were safely behind the closed door was to have a good look at Anakin. She was worried about what she might find.

She loved what she saw. He seemed fully himself. He was self-assured, smiling, and relaxed.

?You look better,? she said, satisfied.

?Only since I saw you.? Anakin smiled into her eyes. ?Everything changed after that.?

?Everything? You mean you got back all of your??

She stopped abruptly when her open robe lifted as though a breeze had caught it and slithered to the floor, seemingly of its own accord. The shiver she felt was not from cold.

?Parlor tricks,? she finally managed, in a voice that wasn?t as light and steady as she had intended. ?What else can you do??

He regarded her for a moment. A challenge, was it?

I can find you anywhere, he said inside her mind. Padmé closed her eyes. She had missed being able to reach him this way. Terribly. Constantl

12. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    Excellent post geo. Very sweet and romantic.

?Control time and space,? she murmured, in the way one sometimes sends one?s dearest wishes out into the darkness in the hours before dawn. ?Bring peace to the Galaxy. End injustice and slavery.? Anakin?s arms tightened around her. ?Make it possible for us to be openly married and to live together.?

The woman wants nothing serious. Just a few tiny things. :D
    Keep on.

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Aww. [face_love] [face_love] Very nice. Such a marvelous description of the joy of simply being together again.

Poor Brith. Kid can't catch a break. :(

he comfortably used a few tricks to get to his destination
    This is wonderful understatement. Sometimes the temptation of the dark side is very subtle -- not the obviousness of Sidious. These few words are just great.

She couldn?t deny him anything. ... He couldn?t deny her anything.
    A wonderfully simple way to describe love. Wow. :D

14. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
  15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mush, glorious mush....

16. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    That was nice. :)

You've established a real 'soulmate' connection between the two.

Reunited again, and already she must leave for Naboo. So sad. :(

17. lori71

May 18, 2002
    Poulan couldn?t contain himself. ?I?I don?t want you to go.?

Poor little kid...He has finally come into contact with someone who shows a little feeling, and now he's afraid that he's going to lose him.

Ani/Padme mush...always wonderful.

?So,? she said idly after a while, ?what else can you do??

Anakin laughed out loud. ?What else do you want me to do??

Mmmmmmm...I could think of a couple of things. ;) :p

18. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Sweet mush. I wish Anakin and Padmé could be together openly. They love each other very much but their stupid obligations get in the way. It's sweet how they can't deny anything from the other.

19. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Awwwwwwww............. The ending was so sweet! The chemistry between Anakin and Padme is beautiful.

20. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    LOVELY TENDERNESS! ANOTHER SUPERB CHAPTER..

21. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    AAAAAWWWWWW!

Lovely! [face_love] You have real talent, Geo3!

Poor lil Poulan... Give him a good sparring match or something when you get back, Ani.

22. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I am feeling fey. Why do i get the feeling that Anakin wil never make it back to the temple?

23. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    he everybody! just wanted to say that i have been reading and i really enjoy this fanfic. keep it up.

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hey, there. You may have wondered why the planned-for Thursday post turned up on Wednesday. Simple - I woke up and thought it was Thursday! Imagine what the rest of my day was like....I'll try to get it right next time.

JediArwen Look at it this way. Padme is living an epic. she has to think big!

Darth_Lex As another reader pointed out to me recently in a PM, the Jedi seem to use mind tricks quite freely. Remember Obi-Wan in the bar in AOTC?

Irulan Mush is always sweet.

DarthBreezy Can't get enough.

Lando_Plenty Thanks! 'Soul mates' is a really good description.

lori71 LOL! Enough said!

aotc02 That's love, I guess.

ginquak I'm glad you are enjoying it.

illuminatrix I think he will.

leia_naberrie Hi, and welcome. We'll see...

jedimastersam I'm glad you made yourself known! I hope you'll stay for the rest.

All right then, let's move on to the teaser for the next post. If I remember what day it is, I will try to have it up on Sunday. Let's move on from mush to politics and our favorite Chancellor...............

?Tell me Master Windu,? Padmé heard the Chancellor ask as they strolled across the spacious office toward the door. ?How is my young friend Skywalker? I haven?t seen him since before he accompanied Senator Amidala back to Naboo. Is he away on a mission??

Padmé froze, listening, but tried to do it in a casual way.

?He is well, thank you, Chancellor,? Mace said formally. ?He is here on Coruscant.?

?Ah,? said the Chancellor. ?I enjoy watching his progress. Is he close to achieving his Knighthood yet??

?Not yet,? said Master Windu briefly, turning to go.

25. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    "Listen casual." :p [face_laugh] She's channeling her future son-in-law now, I guess. LOL!

As for mind tricks -- in the movies I don't think we ever see a Jedi use a mind trick for purely selfish reasons. In TPM Qui-Gon uses two (Boss Nass and Watto), but both of those related directly to fulfilling his mission (at a trivial "loss" to the trickee). In AOTC Obi-Wan uses one on the drug dealer for the dealer's benefit (not Obi-Wan's). In ANH evading the stormtroopers in Mos Eisley clearly has a higher purpose. And in ROTJ Luke uses one on Jabba to try to free Han without violence.

Using a mind trick to avoid paying subway fare because you're in a hurry to get some nookie? Sorry. That's darkside.

Oh, yeah. UP!! :D :D