main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Winds of Change - Anakin's Saga is completed!!!!....Sequel announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Feb 5, 2003.

1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    That is so sad...and yet so beautiful. :_|

I was afraid you were going to have Anakin fall into a lava pit in your last post. I'm glad you gave this a more peaceful ending, with Anakin and Padme still together...for now. This was beautifully written and I only wish George would have hired you to write Episode III.

?It seems that you will be needed.? Mace paused, and then finished quietly, ?It seems that your destiny lies along a different path from mine.?

They did not talk much more after that. Obi-Wan went back to looking into the far distance, while Mace prepared to slip into a deep meditation. He needed all the strength he could draw from the Force.

As would all the Jedi.

There was light ahead, Master Yoda insisted. There was hope. But it would be born out of darkness and sacrifice.

*sniffle*

Ah, Yoda--the wise one is he. And we really have "a new hope" with Obi-Wan, and Luke. Amazing how Yoda can see that--but is there anything Yoda can't do?

Great story my friend. [face_love]

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    OK, I'm late, but my was that ever sad. :_| :_| :_| These last two posts left me drained, and by the time I reached the final post I was truly worn out.

Beyond saying that you've created a masterpiece here, I don't know what else to say, geo3.

I'm still pained by Bale's death, and the emotional hell that Anakin and Padme were put through. This was extremely well written, and it was a pure joy to read.

Qui-Gon and Bale together was such a wonderful image, and the entire last post was...amazing. Congradulations on finishing this wonderful work, geo3.

JD.

3. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
  4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Chapter 46

I posted an empty message to the last post because I honestly could not find the words (or emoticons) to express my reaction to it. I could have said something about its brilliance, soul-wrenching-ness and bile-retching-ness but those words would have just been superficial adjectives.

Chapter 47

[face_devil] ***stoically vows not to cry***

Given what was coming, surviving seemed like the greatest sacrifice of all.

[face_shocked] Powerful. Profound. The Jedi that survive to see the Fall of the Sith will live through the Rise of the Sith: the rise of tyranny and oppression and freedom as they know it, the destruction of the Order, the massacre of the Jedi. And they - Yoda and Obi-Wan - by endeavouring to keep alive the flame of hope in the midst of the overwhelming darkness - are indeed the ones that make the greatest sacrifice.

?It seems that your destiny lies along a different path from mine.?

Flashback to ANH! :) I love the underlying theme of predestination (very, very Star Wars) running through WoC. Anakin is special because he was chosen then made but Obi-Wan also was chosen, after he was made, for his role in the scheme of things. And finally, an explanation for Mace's actions in Theed. [face_devil] I guess it was too much to hope that he was trying to protect Anakin. [face_devil]

?I don?t care who you?re married to ... You?re impossible!?

:( Sabe... Sabe ***(shakes head sadly)*** I thought that after that hug you had changed your ways... :( By the way, was Poulin who she had gone off to see in the previous chap.?

Whatever Padmé did, wherever she went, Anakin was by her side. He woke when she woke. He ate when she ate. He sat by patiently while Padmé and her Handmaidens laid out the plans for the day. It wasn?t long before he became the object of a heated discussion between Padmé and Sabé.

I liked this paragraph. Just one more reminder about what else (that is not angst or melodrama or the subtlest of metaphors) that's so great about your writing: its storyteller's humour... :)

Sabe/Anakin have the typical best friend/unsuitable boyfriend relationship: both equally possessive and protective of Padme, both tolerating the other in times of expediency and at other times, just wanting the other to dissappear... [face_laugh] And yet knowing that deep down, they can count on each other. Usually, they remind me of little kids fighting with Padme as Mother always having to break them up. Amusing and very refreshing in comparism to some of the *other* relationships Anakin has. :(

how did it come to this?

:_| Yes, indeed. The question we all must have asked ourselves after watching TPM. :_|

But there was one thing that had remained unchanged ? the one thing that had only grown stronger and truer. One single, bright, unbreakable thread that connected that time to this. The thread Anakin had followed unerringly.
    Padmé.

:_| :_|

?Surely you agree that your wife does not need to wear this stain of guilt.? The old man?s voice was kind, but there was an unyielding strength in it that was forged in the Force.

Oh, that was so in character! [face_mischief]

She wasn?t alone. Her small hand was clasped tenderly in the large, square hand of Qui-Gon Jinn.
    Hello, Warrior, Anakin said to her in his heart. Thank you for showing me the way.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*****Damn you, geo3! Damn you for making me cry!!******(Runs off bawling...)

5. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    An amazing ending to an amazing story - worthy of every accolade it has received. It also sets a seemingly unsurmountable bar for those of us who try to write Anakin. :p

I haven't seen anyone who occupies this character's skin the way you have in this story, geo. Combined with the ensemble interaction and complex and captivating OC's, it makes a compelling read that easily ranks among the best stories in fan fiction. You can tell that it was a labor of love, and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

6. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    I keep trying come up with a coherent, unified response to this, but I keep foundering on two points:

1) the beauty and horror of Padme, the self-flagellating: She will blame herself for Anakin's fall, just as for Bale...If things were normal (i.e. the Chancellor were just an unscrupulous politician and not a Sith Lord), then perhaps she could really heal (and so could Anakin). Unfortunately, cannon conspires against them. Oddly, I think that even if she ends up conspiring against his 'master's' goals, she will love him to the bitter end.

2)Anakin's force-vision...Sometimes, you just want to give Anakin a slap upside the head. Why now, you ask. Well, how about his failure to pursue/follow the way Bale showed him until Padme is dead and gone, Leia's been tortured, he's cut off Luke's hand, not to mention slaughtering the Jedi... :mad:

Geo3--- This story has been a great gift that fandom probably doesn't deserve. I want to thank you personally for being an inspiration and a phenominally patient Beta, who actually is enchanted with a certain OC that I was certain would be despised by most.

7. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    First some comments on the final chapter:

I particularly enjoyed your use of Mace here as a foil to Obi-Wan, who for obvious reasons blames himself for what has happened to Anakin. Yet Mace understands the inevitability of events better - having come to Naboo under orders to give his life to save Obi-Wan if necessary. (Yikes!)

I can't say Mace is wrong to think that Obi-Wan has the worse fate here... :(

Have I mentioned how much I like your Sabé? [face_love]

Anakin?s farewell to Poulin was very moving ? but even more poignant was his farewell to the last of his innocence, the little boy hero from a decade earlier? :_| :_|

I hope Padmé takes to heart the admonition not to bear the guilt for Balé?s death ? or Anakin?s choice. I fear doing that will destroy her even before Palpatine can?

And, of course, ending things with Qui-Gon is perfect. He?s played such a central role in Anakin?s decisions in COC and WOC, so to see him take charge of Balé?s welfare ? and, in a sense, sanction Anakin?s love for Padmé by doing so ? was very powerful.

As for WOC as a whole:

I think back to that first tentative outline you shared with me over a year ago ? and I laugh myself silly at what became of it. :D When I think how the story has developed a life of its own over the last year, I can't help but marvel at how wise you were to reject so many of my suggestions. :)

The way you have channeled these characters into an epic masterpiece of fan fiction is remarkable ? and your character study of Anakin (that?s what WOC has always been to me) will, I think, be the definitive one for me. GL has a high hurdle to clear to match this. ;)

And then there?s your Palpatine. *shivers*

Thinking back over this story I see so many decision points ? so many eddies in the current flowing to the sea ? and wonder which one of them is the most decisive, which step was the one that sent Anakin past the point of no return. In some sense, of course, it has to be killing Tec and Lon. But it had to be before that, I think, so that Anakin could be capable of that. If I ever decide for sure, I?ll let you know. :p

One thing I do know for certain: Palpatine is better at 3-D Chak?la than Anakin alone. But Anakin and Obi-Wan together? That, my friend, is the core of my imaginary AU lightside ending to WOC ? the happy ending I?d love to see but cannot have.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us ? and thank you for allowing me a special seat on the ride. Both the story, and that experience, will be something I?ll never forget.

8. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Just to say...

:_| :) :_| :) :_| :) :_| :) :_|

THANK YOU GEO3

For sharing this story.

9. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I hold this story so close to my heart, if I don't like the official version of his fall I'll come back to this story and reread it *sniffles* I can't believe it's over. And ditto to what leia_naberrie showed with those icons.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *starts the chant*

Author! Author!

11. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    *runs in, panting. I?m here! I?m here!*

I have been debating whether to leave responses on a thread that is unlikely to be re-visited now that the story is finished, or whether to send PM's to each of you. And then I remembered that, once posted, my answers will remain here for a long, long time, in case anyone does check back. And besides, I love sharing my replies to all of your great and interesting comments. So, here goes?

Sock_of_Darth_Vader So sad...Anakin and Padmé trying so to find hope and peace, so deep in the trap.

Exactly. I give them credit for trying!

I'm going to think Ep III isn't as good as WoC!

Thank you! That?s very kind, but I think the movie is going to be absolutely amazing. I can?t wait.

GunraysLawyer All right, you did it, you've got me teared up again....

Well, Counselor, I gather that is not an easy thing to do. I?m flattered!

I keep trying come up with a coherent, unified response to this, but I keep foundering on two points:

1) the beauty and horror of Padmé, the self-flagellating: She will blame herself for Anakin's fall, just as for Bale...If things were normal (i.e. the Chancellor were just an unscrupulous politician and not a Sith Lord), then perhaps she could really heal (and so could Anakin). Unfortunately, cannon conspires against them. Oddly, I think that even if she ends up conspiring against his 'master's' goals, she will love him to the bitter end.

I do think she will love him to the bitter end. And it is exactly this dramatic, tragic story of Padmé?s that leia-naberrie and I to want to explore just a little bit further? or maybe a lot further. We?ll see!

2)Anakin's force-vision...Sometimes, you just want to give Anakin a slap upside the head. Why now, you ask. Well, how about his failure to pursue/follow the way Bale showed him until Padme is dead and gone, Leia's been tortured, he's cut off Luke's hand, not to mention slaughtering the Jedi...

I know. I constantly want to shake him until he comes to his senses.

Geo3--- This story has been a great gift that fandom probably doesn't deserve.

Now you?re making me blush. Also not an easy thing to do?

A-Windsor *wipes away the tears* The beauty of it all has stunned me speechless...The scene with the Holy Man.... It may be the most breathtaking scene in this story...

Thank you, my dear. I?m glad the scene reached out to you.

Mr_Boba_Jango Wow. Add me to the tearful reader club, Geo. Absolutely brilliant writing! Some powerful symbolism in this last chapter. Anakin?s waving goodby to ?the boy he left behind? was a wonderful metaphor. Poulin is a perfect example of the pure goodness that was the Anakin in that engraving. The Holy man absolving Padme of her ?stain of guilt? was another powerful moment.

Thank you!

But what really got me was the bitter sweetness of this ending. Beginning with Obi-Wan?s grief and ending with Anakin enveloping that last person he has left, as Bale?s spirit warms his soul with her radiance? And there it is. He?s been in the presence of all that is pure and good. And although his life will take him further through the depths of hell, in the end he will fulfill his destiny and will join her, clasping her other hand in his own.

That last image of yours makes me feel tearful! Thank you so much for understanding this story, and everything I was trying to say with it.

PhoneixMage Beautiful ending to a wonderful story, geo. Of course, it was sad too. The funeral for Bale was wonderfully written. Simple and to the point, but full of emotion.

Thank you. I wanted to make it simple. There has been so much going on in the story as it is?

When Anakin was looking at the Garden of Remembrance, I felt so sad. It seems like he's lost everything and everyone except for Padmé. And, in some sense, it's true.

It is true. He has either lost or discarded almost everything.

Can?t wait to see what you and leia_naberrie do

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  13. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    An UPfor the sake of visibility.....

14. LonErian

LonErian Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    When there is a sequel, do I get to come back from the dead?

Or at least torment Anakin from beyond the grave?

Please?

:p

15. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Will Someone please drive a stake through Erian's heart, Please! ;) :)

16. bacow

bacow Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2004
    Is there going to be a sequel for this?

17. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    bacow- thanks for stopping in - yes, leia_naberrie and I are co-writing another story that picks up where "Winds of Change" leaves off. It's primarily Padme's story, it's called "A Significant Touch of Grace," and we should begin posting it on the Saga Board soon. Stay tuned!

18. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    *hugs Geo and Leia_Naberrie*

Thank goodness! :D

Don't mind me [face_blush] I get excited over the silliest things :p

I have to say this is good news indeed! :)

19. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    good news she says?

[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

20. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Oh, Esteemed Authoresses, please see my request above....

Thank you,
    Gunray's Lawyer

21. geo3_n_leia_naberrie

geo3_n_leia_naberrie Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Coming soon to the Saga Forum: A Singular Touch of Grace - Padme's story...

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  23. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ok so I must say that this is one REALLY GOOD intertrilogy peice! It's really believable! And I liked the little picture insertions and Darth Lex's own insertions... especially the death of Lon...

24. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm back after a terrible torture session with DRL... And though I'm very-very late, I just wanted to say that I love this story, I enjoyed it soooo much. The endig was wonderful but sad... Thank you, geo, for this fantastic fanfic!