main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wings of Love: The Flyboy & the Princess. H/L fun! Post-- April 25.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 14, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mara frowned. "Han said he was meeting me here."

"Leia said the same thing. So where are they?"

"You're asking me?!"

Luke scowled. "You're acting like I was behind this."

"Ha! You're not devious enough. If you wanted to see me, you'd come flat out and ask."

"What good would it do? You've been avoiding my comm-calls for weeks!"

"Well, I'm here now. What do you want to tell me?" Mara asked, crossing her arms and giving him a defiant glare.

Luke sighed. It was Sweethearts' Day. This wasn't exactly how he'd planned spending it with Mara Jade.

"That I like you very much, would like to spend more time with you, and don't know why in the nine Correllian Hells and the 12 Nabooian ones that you're avoiding me!"

"I don't have the interest or the time for a relationship, Skywalker!"

"It's not a vacation, Mara, that you schedule or plan." Luke said frustrated. He threw up his hands in a defeated gesture. "Why do I even bother?"

Suddenly, as if making up his mind and concluding - might as well - she'll either like it or she won't, he took Mara gently by the shoulders and kissed her.

Her momentary surprise dissolved into an ardent response.

He held her even closer when he sensed her willing capitulation.

"Don't get any bright ideas just because you're still in one piece, Luke!" She said trying to sound irritated, but only sounded breathless.

He was grinning too widely to take her seriously.

"Well, since you're here already, maybe we should go have dinner?"

She shrugged, stifling her own smile. "Sure."

Over dinner, Mara broached a rumor that she'd heard, that the ladies - other Jedi in particular - were always hot after him.

Luke flushed. "Three parts exaggeration, two parts wishful thinking on their part. I have many friends, but things haven't sparked for me in the romance department, until ... frankly, you."

Now it was Mara's turn to blush. She was used to half-hearted flirting from her colleagues, Ghent especially, but Luke - she could tell he meant it.

After their dinner, they strolled in a nearby botanical garden and when it was time to say goodnight, he asked, "Can I comm you?"

Mara smiled, and it reached her eyes. "Yes, and I promise to answer."

They shared a laugh.

~!

Luke sent a jubilant message to Leia "I don't know what you and Solo cooked up but it worked! I owe you!"

Leia chuckled.

"Did it work?"

"yeah, flyboy, it did. We work well together you and I."

"Yeah, among other things I can think of." He retorted and smirked.

She kissed him into silence.

"You're just a cocky nerf herder." She said after.

"Yeah, well you love me for it."

"Says you." Leia grinned.

+++++

2. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Aww, bless! See how easy it can be, Luke, if you just get on and ask?! Instead of ten years of faffing... ;)

3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Very cute, Leia and Han playing matchmaker!

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aww, so cute! See, Mara? It was that easy. I love the idea of Leia and Han playing the matchmakers. I'm sure it drove them a little batty to see all that flirting going nowhere.:p

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Luke flushed. "Three parts exaggeration, two parts wishful thinking on their part. I have many friends, but things haven't sparked for me in the romance department, until ... frankly, you."

Now it was Mara's turn to blush. She was used to half-hearted flirting from her colleagues, Ghent especially, but Luke - she could tell he meant it.

Well, having read a lot of EU comics and books this is not really the truth, but I am prepared to believe him for now. For Mara is special and "pushes all the right buttons" with him. [face_love]

Gemma likes this.
  7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Talk about an extreme AU!

Though I do love the idea of the rebellion winning so soon and Luke and Leia growing up together in peace.

Nice job on this

=D==D==D=

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    More evidence that this is an extremely extreme AU: Ghent is flirting. Enough said [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] ;) [:D]

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  10. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Poor Luke I understand his frustration but thankfully he took a chance on the kiss. Loved Mara retort about him still being in one piece. Agreeing to comm one another is so sweet.:)[:D]@};-

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Since Celestial Love Day is canon now ;)

=D=

~!

Luke sent Mara velanie flowers on Celestial Love Day. She sent him a message: "I'm not the sentimental type, Luke. I don't go in for flowers and candy and giving people gifts on obligatory occasions."

Luke grinned. "Why don't you tell me how you really feel?"

Mara laughed and gave a resigned sigh. "You know I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but really."

"Just admit you're not used to or comfortable with people just doing nice things for you." Luke proffered.

Mara shrugged. "Never had much exposure to that kind of thing growing up, you know. My folks were there physically but not so much emotionally." She broke off, uncomfortalbe with sharing even that much.

It was fortunate that Mara had been in the sector on Celestial Love Day, as Han and Leia were on a mini-joint vacation together.

His sister was hoping to get a proposal during it.

"I'll do whatever you want Mara." Luke said at last. "But I want you to know you are lovely and important to me."

Mara flushed. Luke was so sincere! He was one of the circle she called friends, and perhaps he was getting to be even more?

She rewarded him for his patience by initiating the next comm call, which resulted in his exuberant, "Mara! Hi!"

She smiled despite herself. They caught up on each other's happenings and Luke told her that indeed his sister was engaged.

"Ha! Now you're feeling pressured?" She teased.

"Not a bit of it." He said. "Although I wouldn't mind ... it does give me something to think about."

"Just keep on thinking!" Mara shot back, half-teasingly.

The fact that it was not a complete tease startled the both of them.
    +++++

12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I love this -- can't wait for more.[:D]

13. Annia Piet

Feb 7, 2015
    Aww, cute! Intrigued to hear more about Mara's family and what was going on there!

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! Love this tidy wrap. [face_batting]

Han & Leia's ceremony had close friends and family. The bride's bouquet was a gorgeous cluster of fragrant blooms ranging from the palest peach to the richest purple.

She tossed it straight at Mara.

"Ha! You know what that means! She's next, according to Nabooian tradition." Winter said happily.

"Luke won't mind that a bit!" Leia said and then got snatched up for another dance with her new lifemate.

They had talked about next steps. They had decided Han would continue to work for Karrde, but more or less groundside except for special on-the-spot Info searches.

Leia, as a consultant to the Republic diplomatic corps, could more or less do that anywhere.

She watched Luke with Mara and smirked happily. "Won't be long... and not just because of the bouquet toss."

Mara and Luke slipped out unnoticed halfway through the reception.

"I have a proposition for you Luke." Mara assayed. His look of astonishment made her give him a playful swat. "Get your mind outa there! We can always use someone with your Jedi-style intuition with Karrde's organization. Then we can see each other more often."

Luke grinned. "Mix business with pleasure, you mean?"

"Something like." She answered and kissed him softly.

"I'd love that, Mara. When we're apart, it's all I can do not to think of you all the time. My mind's a dozen sectors from where it needs to be."

She didn't admit that it was the same for her. Her work never suffered, but everyone could tell ...

"Knights aren't tied to any place or profession." He told Mara. "We're not obligated to stay at the Temple or work strictly for the government. We find our niches and follow where our strengths lead."

"That's certainly a sensible way to run things." Mara observed.

Luke agreed.

"So, when do we leave?" He asked, and she laughed.

"Day after tomorrow." She answered and he smiled.

"I'll be ready." He said and asked, "Want to go and send the happy couple off on their way to Chandrilla?"

"Sure. I'll come with you." Mara answered and they rejoined the celebrants.

It was an auspicious day for Leia and Luke, both. Everything coming together splendidly!

+++++

Fini

15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Fini --- you mean we don't get more on Luke and Mara --:(

Glad the bouquet toss worked for them --- I caught one 17 years ago - no luck yet.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely now together and with all the flowers had me thinking about yesterday and the big flowerparade

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  17. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I like how you start with the beauty and careful arrangement... and then we realize this bouquet was designed to be aerodynamic! (Really, I'd just bet it was given all the effort and scheming thinking she and Han have done about getting Mara and Luke together.) And Leia has always been a pretty good shot...

[face_laugh]

It's really interesting to think about how things might be different in this world given the apparent lack of wars and major threats. Whoa, are Anakin and Padme still alive and kicking in this AU? I can't remember if you said. Anyway, I like what you've done with the Jedi. More towards the informal end of things, which makes sense given an apparent lack of Sith.

:D Come to think of it, maybe that sensible way of approaching things is part of why they are so peaceful here. In any case, it looks like there will be some chance for Luke and Mara to have some adventures traveling the galaxy with Karrde's organization. Cool!

18. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Very cute, and I love the use of Celestial Love day! :D

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.
  19. Annia Piet

Feb 7, 2015
    Aww, I love a happy ending!

It's been fascinating to see our characters in a galaxy where everything isn't just totally screwed up ALL the time. I can imagine this story as a sort of happy fantasy/dream Luke or one of the others sometimes has, wishing they could gave had a vaguely normal life!

Nyota's Heart, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    It was an auspicious day for Leia and Luke, both. Everything coming together splendidly!

Fanfics like this always make my heart light. There was so much darkness in the EU & NJO. @};-

Nyota's Heart, Kahara and Annia Piet like this.
  21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Wow. This was trademark Ny mush but what I really enjoyed was the near-goofy elements interspersed into it. Ghent flirting was definitely one, but a Jedi freelancing for Karrde probably takes the cake!

Lovely little AU [:D]

Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.