main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards Winter FanFiction Awards ... Important: Updated Awards date and time.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zena_Antilles, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zena_Antilles

Zena_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    I was just wondering if anyone knows when the awards will be taking place.

I know that it must take some time, given all the nominations to sort through, but does anyone know?

Thanks!

*sneaks in and alters topic*

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Am put up an announcement on the Author Announcement Thread awhile back saying they were soon, but I don't know the exact date or time. I think there still has to be a vote done by members of the Fan Fiction Academy, or whatever it is they do here, so we may be waiting for awhile.

~Inyri

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    The nominations have already occurred, here, and were done by normal users. :)

Am (Amidala_Skywalker) is currently working on all the things that have to be done to get the voting thread up and running - this includes excerpts, markup, and rules for voting. From what I understand, she's made some progress, but there is a huge amount of excerpts, and all the markup on that will not be easy, nor will coming up with fair and easy to understand rules. She's working as fast as she can.

She's still adjusting to school, as well, so please be patient. :)

4. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    We are! Sorry if we get overly excited sometimes. :) :) :)

~Inyri

5. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Three Cheers for Am! I know we'd all like to thank her for arranging these awards, it's an ungodly amount of work. Thanks, luv. ;)

6. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i was wandering too. my poem's nominated :D

~aeryn

7. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Yay for Am! *hugs*

8. Zena_Antilles

Zena_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Thanks all for replying to my question.

I nominated some stories too (I'm a reader not an author, ;) ) and I was just curious. I knew it would take some time to get it all organized.

I appreciate your replies. :)

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Yeah for Am!

Cheers for your courageousness in undertaking such a monumental job!

*hugs*

LP

10. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    *Jumps on the bandwagon*

Definitely Am deserves some serious thanks for taking on something as colossal as the Awards. I'm sure they'll be ready soon.

*Tosses flowers*

Thank you, Am!

11. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    Yeah, Ams doing a great job at this. It'll be cool to finally see the end results of her work.

12. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yay to Am. [face_love]

*gives Am chocolates*

I'm sure it'll be a great show. :)

13. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'd give Amsie some spare time, but I really don't have too much to spare. ;) :p

Seriously...

One of the first things I read on the JC Boards was the 2002 Summer Awards, and it was the most entertaining thing I've read and still is! Being a nominee, I can't wait to be a part of the awards ceremony. :D

That and the coupon I have for a free tux rental is about to expire. :( :p

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Good to hear. It's been over two months since Am's last post about it. Many users I spoke to about it thought it was abandoned. I'm happy to know they were wrong. ;)

15. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks for the updates!

-Tim

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *blush* Thank you, all.

As oba put it so eloquently, yes, I?m continuing to work on it. But because I decided to wait for everyone to hand in their excepts, not eliminate people from the competition simply because real life is giving them a hard time, the awards have crossed over into my study time. I?m afraid homework does come first, though I endeavour to code things bit by bit.

Thank you for all those offering to help me, but coding is really a one-person job. Soon enough I?ll be dreaming HTML codes. Besides, if our competition is as prestigious as the Academy Awards, it takes time to organise things. We don?t want something going wrong.

I?m waiting for my new hard drive in a few days, so I?ll have to shift everything from one computer to another. Not a fun process. In any case, I hope I?ve properly justified the wait. I know people have been discussing this (maybe even cursing my name ;)), and wondering why this is taking longer than the last awards show. I?m not going to do what I consider rude, and cancel out good people who deserve an award.

I greatly appreciate the wonderful replies.

Hmm, you realise you're going to need a date with that tux, Ander? Everyone is going to need one. I wonder if there are enough men to go around :D.

Am [face_love]

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Hmm, you realise your going to need a date with that tux, Ander?

Well the moment a date is set for the ceremony, I'll start asking certain lovely ladies if they'd like to join me. ;) :D

18. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Do we just turn in our excerpts?

You've done a great job so far, Amidala. :D

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Actually, all the excerpts are in. Those that were not sent to me by PM, I collected myself.

Am [face_love]

20. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Yay for Am! I'm technically not involved in this awards, but it seems you put a lot of time into this, and we all appreciate it! Sure, we might complain, but I doubt we would want anyone else to do it.

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I don't mind going in single :D

~aeryn

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    YAY! Awards soon!

*dances around thread*

Thanks for putting up with all of us bugging you, Am. I'm sure we're working on ur nerves.

~Inyri

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great to know everything is on the way, Am. That would have been hard collecting about everything yourself. ;)

24. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    YAY! AM for putting up with our insanity. I really don't know how you could do all this without going slightly off your rocker.
    ::laughs giddily:: This will be my first awards show. I don't care how cliché it sounds I'm just overjoyed to be a Nominee! :D I read over the 2002 Summer Awards it seemed like a hoot. If this award is going to be soon I better get started getting my things together: Dress, shoes, nails, hair?Hope I have money for all of this. ::checks purse and only finds 8$.:: Hmmm funds are a little short this month.

Felicia Z.

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    this is my first awards show too, felicia. hey, is there going to be like an after party or something? that'd be cool.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.