main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Winter Holiday Fan Fiction Contest -- WINNERS!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geezerette50

Geezerette50 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    Kareoke'd to the tune of "Hot-Blooded" in a highly headbanging, wide stance, plastic inflatable bass guitar fashion.....

Well, it's....PLOT BUNNIES! comin' at me
    They multiply so astronomically!
    Come on, authors, you can do more than that!
    With PLOT BUNNIES,PLOT BUNNIES!

GUITAR RIFF

You know you look so fine....let me write you on these lines...
    Are you....trite, Bunny? You sure look that way to me.

Just give me some kind of sign...any kind of sign.
    Will me beta hate you? Will she blow my theme away?

GUITAR RIFF

Cause it's...PLOT BUNNIES...list 'em and see,
    They've caused a fever burnin' inside o' me.
    Come on, readers, you can get back to me.
    No more...PLOT BUNNIES, PLOT BUNNIES!!!!!

*BOWS*

Sue

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Now that one was actually pretty good! :D

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    OMG!!! [face_laugh] That was great! And true! *kicks a plot bunny that attacks her* No more! :p

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you very much for the review, Derisa. I appreciate you taking both the time to read all the stories and to comment on them.

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I've just gotten Derisa's final scores, I'll work on them tonight & try to have them up tomorrow! :D

And that was indeed VERY funny, geezerette! Wasn't there a Star Wars songbook thread somewhere? That definitely needs to be included!!

7. Geezerette50

Dec 28, 2003
    I have no idea. I have been here only for a month or so.

Sue

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Thank you for taking the time out to review, Derisa! :)

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Renata just sent me the final scores, tallied by Derisa herself and it's going to be tough competition, let me tell you! (BUt you all knew that because everyone did brilliantly.)

10. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Ooh, I'm all nervous now!

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to read/review all the stories, it can't have been easy.

Good luck to everyone! :)

11. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, so all our judges know... I'm getting antsy here.

Post soon, or I'll start the karaoke again!!

12. Geezerette50

Dec 28, 2003
    *Blows up pink inflatable bass guitar, glances over at Ty-Gon expectantly...*

13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Alright, sorry to keep you waiting so long. It was very, very tough. In the end, when I came to figure out the top three... IT WAS A THREE WAY TIE FOR FIRST PLACE!!! (I couldn't believe it, either)

So, our winners are:

PadmeLeia Jaina's, ?Sandstorm Celebration?

Gandalf the Gray's ?The Last Niabara Night?

and last but by no means least:

red_rose_knight's ?A Gift of Warmth?

Derisa was nice enough to calculate some statistics. Of the 27 stories completed, 5 were from Before the Saga, 12 were from the Saga, and 10 were from Beyond the Saga.

Well done, well done, everyone! I'll see about making sure our authors are appropriately recognized (48 hours) --I hope, I've never actually VIPed anyone before. And Gandalf can... I dunno, choose some ultra-cool title for himself. :)

I'll run & try to post my comments in the appropriate threads. You all were fantastic! [face_love]

14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Unplugs amp for electric pink bass guitar, earning a fist shaken in her face from Geezerette.

Sorry about that, Geez, I'll plug it back in when I'm done, after the cheering for the winners has stopped. :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I just wanted to say that while it wasn't easy to judge this contest, it was very rewarding as I found a whole bunch of great authors whose previous and future works I am really looking forward to reading!

As well, I found stories to suit every taste, and I have a much broader scope of authors to recommend to people, so that's great too.

Lastly, even with the time investment, (and I am really sorry for having taken so long to get the numbers in to my fellow judges) I am eagerly looking forward to assisting in another challenge: this one was by far our most entered contest yet.

To all entrants, I posted my comments in every story, (as opposed to PMing them to each individual author) but, if you want an even more detailed critique of your work, I'd be happy to do a PM clinic with each author over what aspects I liked or didn't in their work, as well as any technical issues I noted.

Keep in mind, please, that these conversations will be serious critical commentary, and if you don't want to hear it, don't ask. As well, my commentary is from my unique perspective: different readers appreciate different things in every story they read. Again, if the idea appeals to you, please contact me via PM only, as I'd prefer not to clutter this thread with such discussion. :)

Thanks again to all the authors for their brilliant contributions, for giving me so many cool stories to read, and for sharing so many incredible ideas! You guys so rock! :D

*Derisa*

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo! Thanks judges!

I'm very honored having never won anything like this before. I'm very humbled to be amongst such wonderful, talented company [face_blush]

This was really fun! Congrats to all the winners! :D :D :D

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Great job to all of you!!!

I very much enjoyed the stories.

Congratulations!

17. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Wow. I did not expect this at all, especially with the company of excellent writers. Congratulations to the other winners. :)

Thank you to the judges, for all the time you devoted to this challenge.

18. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Congrats to the winners! I'll have to read your entries one of these days. ;)

19. Geezerette50

Dec 28, 2003
    I read many of them, and the quality was definitely a cut above. Grading them must have been a daunting task.

Congratulations to the very much deserving winners.

Sue, revving up the old inflatable bass for the post-awards party

20. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    W00t!

I?d like to thank the judges for all their hard work (though hopefully fun work), and everyone else involved in the contest. This was a lot of fun, hopefully for a lot of people. I know that I had fun. :p Maybe I?ll have to write more fan fiction and more often. :)

As for what I?ve won, maybe I?ll give my old username colors for a day or two. :p

Oh, and I?m kind of curious: what was the combined score for the three winners? What exactly did we tie at?

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Congrats to the winners. :D

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    well done, all. Now that my internet's back on line (no pun intentional), I'll be posting/pming the comments to each of you. Congrats, PLJ, gandalf, and redrose. You guys were awesome1

23. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I would prefer posted, but either way is all right. :)

24. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Ishtar, I would like mine posted as well. Thank you for taking the time to read and review all of these stories.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    k, will have them up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.