main
side
curve

Winter Holiday Fan Fiction Contest -- WINNERS!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    Does the story have to be set in the GFFA as long as it uses GFFA characters? My idea involves the Solo family + Luke on Earth at Christmas time. Obviously not realistic because of the whole "long time ago" and "far, far away" bits, but then again, not much about this story is very realistic. :p

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay, here's my entry. :D

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14304296&replies=0]Chandrilla Surprise[/link]
    Author: Darth_Lex
    Timeframe: post-NJO (two years after TUF)
    Characters: The Solos, the Skywalkers, and the Fels
    Genre: Drama, Humor
    Notes: three-part short story for Winter Holiday Fan Fiction Contest
    Keywords: NJO, J/J
    Summary: Two years after the peace with the Yuuzhan Vong, the Solo twins arrive at Chandrilla for a holiday family gathering. Each bears a secret ? will they be revealed?

3. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, "Home for the Holidays" has been finished. (Nine posts! Whoo!)

However, I've been struck with a plot bunny that won't die, so you may end up seeing another entry from me on another board...

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Lex and I seem to be caught in some strange time warp or alternative universe- why is he writing in the Beyond the Saga boards, and I wrote in the Saga boards?

:eek:

Very, very, very strange....

must be partaking in way too much eggnog or eating too much brandied fruitcake ;)

:p

5. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    I think you're right, PLJ - this has become some sort of Seinfeldian "Bizarro World" hasn't it? :p

Next challenge I'll have to write Before the Saga and really mess with everyone's mind. [face_laugh]

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Just found this and I'm having lots of fun writing mine. :D Don't know when I'll have it up.

7. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, officially, I'm in for a second entry. :) It'll be up soon (tonight, if I can get a decent post ready).

8. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Are multiple entries allowed?

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yup. I had to go searching for the answer, but Renata said, "Yes, multiple entries are allowed as long as they're finished by December 31st."

10. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, the first post of my second entry is up...

It's another Kameer piece. :) I just love the little guys. This one's on the Saga Board, though (it takes place roughly 16 years prior to ANH, rather than 16 years prior to TPM), and it takes place at Midwinter's Night, rather than Svazdipir.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14311215]Hope to Those Who Have None[/link]

11. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    My entry will soon be finished! :)

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Mine is now up. :D

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14318297&replies=1]A Very Cold Christmas[/link] That's the first post.
    Second post up 12/21.

13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Wow, we're almost up to twenty! Bear in mind, judging WON'T be done by Jan 1! ;) And competition will be stiff, if what's been posted so far is any indication. There's some good stuff out there; this one really seems to have inspired you guys.

14. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, Renata, I'm really tempted to do something, if I can pull it off (the fact that I'm about half-done with my second entry is promising to that end)...

Would it be acceptable to post a third entry, say, three posts all on the 31st (done before midnight, of course), as a sort of trilogy with my two previous entries?

15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Sounds like you've got the Lucas/Jackson disease! ;)

Like I said, multiple entries are okay, if you can meet all the requirements.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ty Gon

Good grief! You are a writing MACHINE! :eek:

Ok- this is bad- I now have a second plot bunny running amok. Am working on my second entry.

Sorry Ren! :(

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I just posted my first entry to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14323415&replies=0]More than a Velleity[/link].

I wanted to wait until I finished it before I started posting, but I was too excited about it not to. :D

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My second story has begun!

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14324419&replies=0]Alderaan Blessings[/link]

Characters: Bail, Dorme, little Leia, 3PO
    Story Premises: In this tale we get to see how Leia's fostered family is celebrating Emperor's Day on Alderaan.

19. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    sheesh. If I make it it may well be three posts on the 31st. I'm one of those people who have to have the whole thing written before they start posting. Although, this might be a good way to force myself out of my comfort zone as it were...

Dagnabit. I've just had another idea for what to do for this challenge. See that's part of the problem for me. Fixing on one to finish.

I could probably do at least 5 at this point as vignettes or quasi-vignettes but I don't really want to run them all together in some sort of telling stories supporting story as that has already been mentioned more than once. Yet deciding which fragments to nurture in my limited time.... Argh!

KD

20. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Here is my entry: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14328099]A Gift of Warmth[/link]

Obi-Wan and Anakin crash land on a snowy world where they are guided by the spirit of the past.

21. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    1. candles
    2. holiday
    3. reunion
    4. gifts
    5. light

Can you elaborate on "light"

Can it be interpreted any way?

22. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Heh, funny (to my mind) idea: naming five OC's Candles, Holiday, Reunion, Gifts and Light. They're all there! :p

23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Light... didn't I answer this already? I thought I'd answered this already... light is light. Interpretation is up to you! :) (Gandalf, you are evil! [face_laugh] )

I want to add, it's very helpful to me to see a post here when the stories are completed. Please keep it up! Thanks!

Renata

24. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Hello! He he, finally here with my entry. Here's the link:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/14341752/?0]the light will come[/link]

25. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    I want to add, it's very helpful to me to see a post here when the stories are completed.

Okay! Mine's completed.

All three parts are posted, along with an additional post (alternate ending) that my readers strong-armed me into writing. :p

Thanks! I'm trying to read all of the entries myself but I'm way behind. :(

Happy holidays, everyone. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.