main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Winter Holiday Fan Fiction Contest -- WINNERS!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Just adding to the accolades...

Thanks, judges! :D

Hope you don't regret signing up for this. :p

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Another warm blanket of thanks to the judges. :D

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I FINALLY GOT ALL 31 SUBMITTED! WOOHOO! ::Dances around.:: I think this was a lot of fun, because I got to read all these great fics and go on a power trip as well. ;)

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    *to Ishtar and Derisa* Um, did I mention hazardous duty pay doesn't come with the job? :)

Seriously, everyone, I tried to make the contest requirements a bit more difficult than they've been in the past, and you all really rose to the challenge! You should all be proud!

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Aw, gosh. [face_blush] Thanks! :)

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No kidding! I think it was the first time that I went through an entire session of reading without having to think about what the good points were. I just sat there and went, "Wow. I really like this or this or this..."

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    I just wanted to add my thanks to all the judges who signed up to do this. I think that all the authors know that it takes a huge amount of time and effort on your part to judge this, and we really appreciate it. Thank you!

Good luck to everybody! 8-}

~LtJS

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Wow, I didn't even realize there were 31 all together. When you see the thread they are spread out, and don't seem as many. Either way, the judges should be commended for being able to read all of them.

Now what was that song that keeps going through my head : "The waiting is the hardest part . . . "

9. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I too want to thank the judges. It can't be easy just having to read 31 (31! yeesh I'll never get to them all if work doesn't lay off a bit) stories let alone score them. My kudos to all for your bravery and stamina.

Personally, waiting is a lot easier than getting that third post done in time was ;)

KD

10. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    *jumps on bandwagon* 8-}

No, seriously, I want to thank the judges too, it can't be easy wading through all that great (except, of course for mine, hem hem) fanfic and then having to pick one! And then of course you're doing it for free, so either you're all insane or saints. Kudos to the lot of you! :)

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    31 stories? Wow. And with some of the lengths... that's alot of work. Thanks again to all the judges!!!!! :D I can't thank you enough! :)

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Ack! Double post! :mad:

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Can I just thank the judges one more time? You've all been wonderful for being there to answer questions, to score quickly, and to put up with my...

Okay, if not being able to come up with anything is Writer's Block, I don't even want to know with the overflow thing is called. :)

14. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I see I must second (and third, and fourth) several things on this thread.

1) Judges: wow. I had no idea how many fics were going to be in the contest until I watched the thread expand practically overnight. I mean, 31 is a lot. I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts in reading and judging.

2) Writers: wow. Geez you guys, I guess this set of conditions spoke to quite a few people, because the abundance and quality of the writing is incredible. I've read several of the other fics (and I'll reply...sometime...I hope...) and they've generally been some of the most creative and well-written stories I've encountered.

Great job, everyone, and Happy New Year!

Ty-gon: Writer's Flood? :)

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Writer's Flood?

Oh man- I reallylike that term :D :D

Excellent for those days when you suddenly look up and realize you've written 10 pages in one sitting!

16. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    That's a nice way to put it, Xaara. I was thinking of something worse, I guess. Like when the writer's block is attacked by this challenge, the "Writer's Bran Fiber" or something like that. :p

17. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699] To the judges, I just want to add: Thank you, Vielen Dank, Merci beaucoup, Grazie molto, Gracias, Obrigado muito muito, tack så mycket, takk, cpacibo and blagodarnoct, nagyon köszönöm, hálásan köszönöm and köszönöm szíves fáradozását and again, One big thank you for all the time and energy you are investing in this.

Wedge :>o<:[/color]

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    To the judges, I just want to add: Thank you, [...] cpacibo ...

Da, spasiba balshoie.

(Transliterated Russian for "Yes, thank you very much..." the C's WAC used are more Cyrillic, though. :) )

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    PLJ, what about when you look up and realize that your torture scene took 10 pages, then the other 20 were plot development?

20. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    31 stories! [face_shocked] Wow! This challenge was really inspiring.

Good luck and thank you, dear judges, for the time you are putting into this not so little challenge. :)

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    DarthIshtar

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I've never gotten Writer's Flood. It has always been a struggle to write that next paragraph, and that next sentence, and that next word. But it adds up.

23. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey, I've coined a new writing term! :p

DarthIshtar: That happens way too often for my comfort...

Raven: It's like that for me often, too, but generally writing is more rewarding when I actually have to work hard at it. At any rate, I always feel like I've done something more productive after I finish a particularly difficult section of work.

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, what to do, what to do...will this be like the Halloween contest where I found out I won after my birthday (November 26)?

25. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You entertain us, Ishtar, by juggling chainsaws. :)

It's text-only, so you don't REALLY have to have them running...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.