main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge WIPuary! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—IT’S A WRAP! Thanks to all who took part!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If I cannot add another WIP after the 31st, is it worth nominating something in case I complete my fic before reaching the word goal?

Findswoman likes this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Sorry, I’m not sure I know what you’re asking here?

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'll keep my word goal at 5000 but also include my Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan into the mix so my goal is now 5000 words combined across Cold Harvest and Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan. Thanks!

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Got it updated, thanks! :)

5. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hey again, everyone! Sorry for the double post—but this is just a reminder that today and tomorrow are the LAST TWO DAYS to sign up for WIPuary or to change your signup! (Here, once again, is the index.) It's right around the corner—so exciting! :D

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Put me down to review 4 stories as well. Thanks.

7. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Got it, thanks! :)

8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Okay, going to sign up at the last minute here.

I'd like to do the writing part of the challenge for the word count option (3000 words) on some combination of my unposted non-competing OTP challenge story (working title of Cityscape, but that's just the prompt), a newer also-unposted story, and yet another incomplete and unposted story that is actually quite old in years but has languished because it lives in a Word document and I haven't transcribed it to my current files yet. (If none of these get posted in the time, should I send some proof of the word count? I can absolutely do that, just wanted to check.)

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I'm also going to sign up for 6 reviews. Bring it on! :p

9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    All sounds great, @Kahara! I've signed you up. :) In the index I put "Cityscape and two untitled, unposted stories"; is that pretty much accurate?

And don't worry—unless you really, really want to, you don't have to send proof of the word count if things aren't posted yet; we'll believe you. It's all about the honor system here! :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Okay, I was putting off trying to decide how much I wanted to try and commit to, but since we're down to the wire here we go (obviously not competing):

Finish Bri's fic-gift because I'm bad and I feel bad (in fairness, she knew my muse was being grumpy)
    and
    Finish my yet to be titled really depressing West Wing story.

As for reviews: 3 stories

11. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    In before the last minute.

I'm going to sign up for the Word Count option only, with a combined 6000 words on the following WIPs: "The Wrong Side of History," "Water Flowing Underground," and "The Winter Queen."

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @mavjade and @Pandora , I've got you both in the index—thanks so much for signing up! Great to have you both. :)

Anyone else who would like to take part has about... let's see... 5 hours and 15 minutes to get your signups in (or changed), and then we're off! :D

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Can I change mine to be USJS and Fitting In (rewriting a 20 year old fic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Findswoman, that listing sounds accurate. :) And good to know re: the word counting.

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ok, everyone! I’ve got those last few additions and emendations in the index and am happy to announce that WIPuary is officially ON! [face_dancing] Sending good productivity vibes to all, and looking forward to hearing how it’s all going! :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Wrote a 1809 words toward my Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan story. Total progress toward my word count is 1809. Off to a good start. [face_dancing]

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Whoops, just noticed that it was February.

I went into a kind of emotional lockdown after my country left the EU, Friday night.

I need to focus now, on making my WIP last for another 5,000 words.

Good luck, everyone.

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, good luck and productivity vibes to all! :) Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress. @devilinthedetails, sounds like you're off to an excellent start! I've recorded your word count in the index in bold. :)

As for me, I've managed to finish one of my WIPs: the one for the MMM prompt! It won't go up until the MMM deadline deadline on Monday, February 10 (I'll link it then), but I'm still feeling pretty proud of myself. That was kind of the "easy win" goal out of those that I had set for myself, so next I guess I'll move on to my "medium win" goal, which is the post-R1 story tentatively titled "Beached."

May the WIPs be with us all, but not for too long! :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Wrote 873 words for USJS...so yay?

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Posted a review for USJS

Callous Jedi, Kahara, Kit' and 4 others like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, index updated! Wonderful work, you all! Keep at it! =D= (And yes, @Kit', definitely yay! Every bit counts! :D )

Kahara, Kit' , Raissa Baiard and 3 others like this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yay for WIPuary; it's great to see everyone's progress so far, both big and small!!! Keep up the mighty fine work, all. [face_dancing] =D=

After a slow start on the first few days of the month, yesterday I was able to churn out 2,443 words on my In That There That Isn't Here diary, for my wordcount goal. Plus, I also managed a few thousand words on my various complete goals, which will hopefully be posted soon so I can cross those off my list! So, I'd definitely call that a step in the right direction! :D This morning, I was also able to post a review for Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan to count towards my review goal, too! Now, to branch out and read a few titles in the index that I am not already as familiar with . . . [face_thinking]

24. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    WIPuary has gotten off to a very slow start for me. The Youngling was sick and then kindly passed her cold on to me. And a certain pushy Mando teen has been after me to finish her WIP like now before all those other WIPs I signed up for, because she's angling for a mushy epilogue. But I was finally able to make a tiny bit of progress last night-- 435 words on the next entry of The Journal of Ronen Syndulla-Jarrus.

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    I'm pleased to announce that I've written 1,070 words toward my Cold Harvest story. Combined with my earlier work, that brings me to a grand total of 2879 words.