main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge WIPuary! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—IT’S A WRAP! Thanks to all who took part!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, index updated! Hopefully all looks accurate; if not, let me know. Some good productivity happening here. I like this! :D

As for myself, I haven't gotten any writing done since finishing the MMM piece; I'm preparing to play a recital in two days and that's been dominating my life. After that's out of the way I anticipate having more to report. However, I've started on my reviewing goal with a review of Cold Harvest by devilinthedetails! So that's something. :)

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I got on a roll today and wrote 2274 words on The Journal of Ronen Syndulla-Jarrus, for a total of 2708. This means I'm halfway to my word count goal, but I still need to break the ice on those long neglected WIPs. Hmmm....

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ground has been broken. 165 words.

Then I got distracted by long term memory pulling 'Peter Puppy' (from the old Earthworm Jim) cartoons, out of its ass, and making me want to watch a video on his origins.

I guess this is how prevarication works.

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, this challenge has done wonders for my muse... but not in the way I wanted it to :p It wants to work on everything but what I signed up with o_O. I managed to make it squeeze out 115 words the other day before it went "OKAY! TIME TO GIVE THE US PRESIDENT JOEY LUCAS!"

ANYWAYS. But I have managed to read and review the amazing Diary of a very Sympathetic Padawan

Kahara, Kit' , mavjade and 4 others like this.
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow! Nice progress, everyone! =D= Index should be updated now; if I've missed anything, let me know.

8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Yay! 273 words on "Shadow of a Doubt"! It's a start!

9. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    669 words (on "The Winter Queen.")

Every one of which might have been writ in my own blood. Yes, it has taken most of the month so far to get this much written and rewritten and rewritten again. It turns out that experiencing cabin fever doesn't make it a bit easier to actually write about cabin fever. Maybe I should stop fighting with this one for now and switch to one of the other two stories.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Total for USJS is 1363 so only 637 words to go.

Woot!

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Sith-I-5 and 3 others like this.
  11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    And index updated! Great work all around! =D=

One quick thing: for the Finishing Option, you're welcome to report word counts if you like (as Raissa did a few posts up), though you don't have to. I'm glad to put them in the index in the interest of tracking progress, but as you know they aren't counted in quite the same way as in the Word Count option. It's also perfectly fine just to say "I worked a little bit on 'Beached' today." (Which I did. Just a bit, but every bit counts. :D )

13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Not to encourage your muse to side track, but I would read President Joey Lucas in a second. Just saying. [face_mischief] [face_dancing] [face_whistling] [face_laugh] [face_love]

It's great to see everyone's totals adding up, both great and small. Keep up the good work, all! [face_dancing] [:D]

As for myself, I am off to a slower start than I would like, but I have high hopes about finishing the rest of the month strong! Over the last few days I managed to write another 3,108 words on both my Sintas and Ahsoka diaries for my word count goal. And I was able to get considerable work done on The Worlds Your Hands Touch and Genus for my complete goals. I should have content ready to post soon. So, I am feeling good about that! :D

Lastly, for the review goal, I am all too happy to have read A Private Place, and Shadow of a Doubt. Which are both beyond lovely pieces! [face_love]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, nice progress, Mira! =D= Just to quickly check before I update the index: am I adding the figure or 3108 to your current word count figure of 2443, or replacing 2443 with 3108? Thanks. :)

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @Findswoman - Oi, I can't believe that in all of my babbling I left out that one important detail. [face_blush] Yep, those are all new words! So, I now have a total of 5,551 words towards my word count goal! My appologies for being so remiss!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Got it—thank you so much! :)
    Ah, here's the thing: for the reviewing component of WIPuary, I can only count reviews of stories from the actual WIPuary list. That means that of all of these I can only count "A Private Place"—sorry! But I know that technicality won't faze you, as you're one of our most tireless reviewers. :) @};-

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Wrote and posted 1,285 more words for my Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan story, bringing my total progress to 4,164 words. I am within spitting distance of my word count target. [face_dancing]

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    That’s fantastic, devil! =D= Got it updated now.

22. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I wrote 1275 more words (all on "The Winter Queen," as I have not in fact switched stories) and my total is now 1944 words.

2000 words or bust then.

-----

ETA: 248 more words on "The Winter Queen" for a total of 2192.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Worked on Beached a little more today and got it (or at least its first part or so) to the point where it looks and feels more Ike cohesive prose than raggedy, disconnected jottings. So that’s something, I guess!

And I also wrote a review on @Mira_Jade ’s very intriguing In That There That Isn’t Here. :)

Updating index now! :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've worked a little bit on both of my stories, hopefully still on track to get them done.

I also wrote a review on JediMaster_Jen's The First Knights of Ren

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014