main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wistful memories of Saturday at CIV...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by IDigMetalBikinis, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    It was the first con I've ever been to, despite being a fan for the 30 years SW has existed.

In that time, my love of SW has mostly been a solo affair(until I met my wife). Before Saturday, I've never felt quite so simpatico with another group of people gathered all in the same place for the simple love of one thing. Not at a Yankees or Dodgers game, not at a Springsteen or U2 concert, nothing.

I find myself wistful and a little melancholy that I can't just jump in the car and go back downtown next Saturday and find the Convention Center frozen in time, to experience it again. But the memories I took away from the day warm my heart. All the great fans in costume, the look of wonder in the eyes of the kids....just the fact that my 4 year old daughter took to the Jedi Training Academy stage and locked plastic lightsabers with Darth Vader is enough to make me a little misty eyed with laughter and pride as I'm writing this.

So, to everyone involved, thanks for a wonderful time.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I totaly agree with you on the felling. [:D]

3. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I know how you feel too. I always have a "these are my people" feeling at a Con, and Kyle Newman, who directed Fanboys, said the same exact thing in one of the panels, "You're my people."

4. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I agree!

Up until this past weekend, I've never come across so many people who share my love of Star Wars! :)

I wish every day could be like that...Jedi, Imperials, bounty hunters, etc...all wandering around talking, eating, having a great time!

I have GOT to try and go to San Diego ComicCon...just don't know if I can afford it after all the money I spent CIV!

Memories, ah the memories...

Martha

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Felt the same way after C3

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    =D= A huge big thanks to all of the folks who volunteered at the con!

=D= =D= =D=

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Right with that... feels not right not being able to go back now. Doubly so as a lot of the cool people I talked with were all here visiting and it was getting a bit bittersweet sunday realising that it was all coming up on ending

8. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    There's actually a term for this. It's called...

"post con depression"

It's caused by having to leave the enjoyment of the fantasy world for the real world and knowing that the fantasy world you just left will never be returning.

Believe me, PCD hits really hard straight after a great con.

9. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I suffer from PCD after every Comic Con, and thats usually it for the year. Kinda a bummer having to deal with PCD twice a year with C4 over and Comic Con on the horizon

10. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I find it hits REALLY hard when the convention has finished and packing up has commenced, yet all you want is for it to just keep going.

It's like having your whole world being torn down literally in front of you. A really horrible feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.