main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Without Honor, There is Nothing. Update March 14, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Booster-1986, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booster-1986

Booster-1986 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2001
    Jades Fire

Just a response to one thing you commented on ... it has to do with Shada's attitude. Remember that at the end of VotF, we see the events on the Relentless and as Pellaeon leaves to meet with Bel Iblis, Karrde asks to go along. Next we see the peace treaty being signed and the "gang" talking about the new intelligence service.

What I have tried do so far is flesh out the period (about a week or so I would guess) that Zahn left to the imagination.

As to the Pov switches, that is a failing of mine as i have the characters move back and forth.

I do appreciate the comments, nonetheless. :D

2. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    I'm enjoying this too, but I feel the story needs to move along just a little bit.
    Please keep writing though, this is great fun.

3. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

4. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Even the toughest people have times when they feel absolutely down...Look at Mara back before she met Luke. I think Shada's sense of loss is mostly because she really doesn't have a goal--which Karrde generously provides. And averting galactic war between the Empire and Republic is a pretty big goal.

A potential problem for future plot development is that adversaries who merely threaten the peace with large guns won't be that big a deal (in terms of psychological development for Karrde and Shada.) Though the gang may be in physical danger from conventional baddies, they won't have to confront themselves and consciously change. It'd still be a great story (especially if we have big explosions), but I wouldn't really worry about the well-being of our beloved characters.

Uppers! :)

5. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
  6. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
  7. Booster-1986

May 9, 2001
    An explanation for you all:

I go to Beijing for 10 days and I don't get sick. I go to Calgary for two days and I don't get sick. My son comes up from Atlanta for a visit ... and I get sick <sigh>

Look for a post towards the end of the week (no later than Saturday) --- as Karrde and Shada work to keep trouble away from Luke and Mara's wedding. :D

8. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Oooooh, this sounds GOOD!

Not the bit about you being sick, Booster (I just recently got over my bit with Darth Virus and I know how uggy that can be), I meant Luke and Mara's wedding. I've always wanted to know what happened with that! :)

Can't wait for your post and hope you get well soon!

Sarah >^,,^<

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I followed your sig link and read this story this evening. I think you're doing a beautiful job with characterizations and you are filling in plot gaps (not really holes) quite nicely.

The only quibble I'd have (and it's a minor one) is that Luke and Mara already told everyone about their experiences in the unknown regions... meeting Parck, Fel etc. I thought at the end of VOTF they decided to wait a while and withhold the information. (Of course, they are still keeping the clone of Thrawn thing secret--with good reason). Of course, you are certainly welcome to do anything you want with your artistic license and it does make the negotiations interesting for L/M to drop their bombshells.

At any rate, congratulations on a job well done thus far, thank you for telling this story, good luck with writing it, and goodnight. :)

10. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Uh, Booster . . . is there any more? Soon?

11. Booster-1986

May 9, 2001
    Yes, and I really am sorry about the delay ... it is just that my work commitments have been so much heavier than anticipated the past few weeks. And as much as I love SW, bills need to be paid and bosses need to be made happy <g>.

It is really a drag when work interferes with your social life :D and that is what has happened. But I expect to be back on track Sunday or Monday at the latest.

12. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    Aw, shucks.

It's okay, Booster. Darth Real Life deserves its reputation for evil. :) Up!

13. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    I agree! Hope you're not too miserable and that Darth Real Life bites the dust soon.

Sarah >^,,^<

14. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Did Darth Real Life fry our author?! :(

Sarah >^,,^<

15. Booster-1986

May 9, 2001
    No .. but he fried his mother-in-law ... she is 80 and a stroke waiting to happen .. and she fell and broke her hip, so my wife and I have been at the hospital most of the past week. I should have some time this weekend since Monday is a holiday for us in Canada .. at least it is for me.

16. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    I'm very sorry about your mother-in-law! Monday will be fine, or later if it's not convenient then.

Sarah >^,,^<

17. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    I hope your mother-in-law is doing better, Booster, and I'll understand completely if you don't post for a while. Family time is important, not "Darth" anything at all.

~Marie Jw

18. Booster-1986

May 9, 2001
    Thanks for the kind thoughts ... my mother-in-law is slowly recovering ... and it will be a long haul <sigh> ... and as for DWB, he is slowly receding ... the next post is at the betas.

19. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    I hope your mother-in-law gets well soon. My seventy+ grandfather is living by himself, and we worry about him all the time. :(

I'll just up this page.

20. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Did Darth Real Life trounce Booster's betas? :(

Sarah >^,,^<

21. Booster-1986

May 9, 2001
    OK ... first off, I must thank all of you for your patience. It has been a rather hectic three weeks for my wife and I. Compounding the problem was that work got a little hairy --- it is really a drag when work interferes with your SW life !!!

Below starts chapter 4. I cannot promise to post as regularly as before for a little while as I am still spending a fair amount of what passes for spare time helping with my mother-in-law. But I should have more time once December rolls around. <I hope>

Also, I must publicly acknowledge that a good chunk of chapter 4 will come from material written by one of the betas who has kindly consented to allow me to weave her story into mine. So on with the show.

Chapter 4

?Mara Jade ... Skywalker. Come on, sleepyhead. Time to get up.?

Mara Jade acknowledged Luke?s softly-spoken urging with a grunt. Snuggling deeper into the comfort of the covers, she buried her head in the pillow. Sleeping in was a treat too rarely earned on board the Wilde Karrde, and Mara was determined to enjoy every minute of her new-found freedom. At the same time, she smiled to herself, careful not to let Luke sense her wakefulness through the Force. She rolled the name around in her mind. Mara Jade Skywalker. She and Luke were meant for each other, that was clear. Mara Jade Skywalker. Mara pondered how the union of their names seemed so ... so right. Her melding with Luke during the fight against the sentinel droids had brought her to clarity. It was like I was a crystal slightly out of phase and now I am in tune. She chided herself for all the years she had wasted, hiding behind a wall of indifference, afraid to make a real commitment. The truth is, you weren?t ready for it, were you Mara? She knew the answer without thinking.

?C?mon Mara, you?re going to be late. Leia and Han will be here before you know it and you?ll be complaining about being rushed.?

?Alright Skywalker, don?t blow a gasket.? Mara gruffly replied. ?I?ll be ready.?

?Right,? Luke responded dryly. ?I?ve heard that before.?

?Luke,? Mara countered. ?We have been back on Coruscant for exactly two days. I know there are lots of details to be addressed, and Leia?s responsibilities to the New Republic take precedence over our personal plans, but things will get done. I know our wedding is more than just a ?wedding?. But things will be attended to in the course of time. As I recall, it was you who suggested that we take a few days to ourselves before we formally announce our plans. And wasn?t it Han who suggested that we meet for brunch when you told him you had something important to discuss??

?Well, yes, but ...? Luke replied.

?No buts, Skywalker. Let?s get ready.?

For all her bravado, Mara Jade was more than a little nervous about her brunch with Leia and Han. Despite the fact that they were Luke?s sister and brother-in-law, to Mara they were legend ? part of history. She recalled the time she had been on Coruscant, recovering from ion burns suffered in her escape from Thrawn. She and Lando Calrissian had helped thwart a kidnapping attempt on Leia and her twins. Mara had then told Leia that she intended to kill her brother. Surprisingly, Leia had not reacted in the way Mara had expected. What was it Leia had said to her? Why are you telling me this? Maybe you really don?t want to do this. Mara smiled to herself. After aiding Luke in his battle with the mad Jedi clone Joruus C?baoth, she had killed ?Luuke Skywalker? and rid herself of Palpatine?s implanted compulsion.

Mara shook here head. In the intervening years, she and Leia had crossed paths occasionally, as when they had worked together to escape from Thracken Solo?s forces. Trapped in the Corellian government building, both Mara and the security forces had discovered that Leia Organa Solo could be quite a fighter when provoked. Using the Jade?s Fire, they had managed to elude their captors.

Mara reflected on how she and Leia had made a good team. We wer

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
  23. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    That was beautiful Booster! (And unnamed beta). Definitely the way I love to imagine the revealing happening. :)

Thank you for your time, but don't worry about us. We can be patient.

24. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Great post Booster! ;)

25. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Nice to have you back Booster. I hope things settle down for you soon. Very sweet post. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.