main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social WNU Interview Thread 2.0 - Now interviewing Force of Light

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And you thought I hosted enough threads already.

anyway welcome all to the second edition of the WNU interview thread. Here is a run down on how this will work.

If you want to be interviewed on anything from Star Wars to what is your favorite food you have come to the right thread. Especially if you are new as us long time users will get to know you!

If you want to be interviewed in this thread just PM (conversation button on the user profile) me and I will set one up. This thread is for both new and old users to the Jedi Council forums. Doesn’t matter if you signed up in 1999 or (insert current year here) :p

After I introduce whoever is being interviewed at the time and ask them some starting questions anyone else can ask some questions of their own.

There are some rules of course we’ll mainly just three
    1.) don’t ask any very personal questions. Stay away from stuff like where do you live, what’s your name etc. Use your own judgment. If you think it’s to personal don’t ask it.
    2.) The interviewee can ignore any question they like. If they don’t want to answer any particular question for any given reason that’s up to them.
    3.) Each interview is subject to go about 2 weeks. If you want to end it sooner just PM me and it will be done.
    4.) Have fun with your questions. And your responses. This isn’t a job interview. We are here to have fun and to get to know you better.

So again welcome to round 2!

DMs/PMs are open so who will be the first to be interviewed?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Me me me!!!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll add you to the list. :p

@Adalia-Durron is the first person to be interviewed in the thread! Thank you for volunteering yourself.

If you want to go after them just PM me and I’ll add you to this list.

Anyway let’s go!

How did you discover the forums? And how did you pick your name?

What got you into Star Wars and what has kept you a Star Wars fan?

What is your favorite type of food and do you prefer it at a certain restaurant or your own cooking?

What was your dream job as a kid?

if you could meet any Star Wars character who would you meet?

now as explained in the original post you can ask them any questions you want as well!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    How did you discover the forums? And how did you pick your name?
    Years ago, when I had tiny kids and as a SW fan was desperate for SW interaction, I found The Force.Net.......and as a not very computer literate person began to click around.........and found this place! My name.........well I think the surname is obvious to anyone who has read the Legends books...........Adalia? A name of a little girl in Africa I saw on a most sad and tragic tv show about starvation there........she passed and I was moved. I remembered the name and thought it pretty.

What got you into Star Wars and what has kept you a Star Wars fan?

I was 11 in 1977, yep, that old, and it didn't come to Australia till September so we had heard all the hype by then. I remember lining up in the city (no suburban cinemas back then) for over two hours (in the sun) with a friend and her mother. The moment the SD flew in over my head, I was hooked. I saw it another 4 times in the coming weeks/months (big thing to convince people to go to the city to see a movie they'd seen with me!) Kept me interested? Well, it did fade when I discovered boys, and became a teenager, cause back then girls into that stuff was NOT cool. I did silently collect things without making a deal about it. Then in 1989 I read Heir to the Empire..............and the rabbit hole opened up again, and down I went.

What is your favorite type of food and do you prefer it at a certain restaurant or your own cooking?
    I hate cooking, lets get that out there. Never been good at it, and I do it because I have too, not by choice. I do love my KFC, bad I know.......but I love Honey Chicken and Fried Rice from 'The Robotic Kitchen'.

What was your dream job as a kid?
    I wanted to be a Geologist, my Earth Sciences teacher laughed in my face when I told him that. 'Women don't do that, it's mans work!' OH how times have changed.

if you could meet any Star Wars character who would you meet?
    Character? Well der, Kyp!!! I would have thought that goes without saying....... Actors, Mark Hamill.........I hear Harrison isn't very 'friendly' and Carrie......well would love to have.

5. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Shelf of Shame Winner star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 4, 2021
    This looks fun, I'd like to volunteer for an interview...

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshyZ like this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    PM the Interviewer and consider questions you'd like to ask other interviewees!

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep added to the list

@Adalia-Durron

A double question here but what is your favorite Star Wars scene and overall what is your favorite Star Wars show?

Seeing as you are a mod what made you want to become one? Was it the unlimited power or helping people? :p

A follow up to the first question what is your favorite Star Wars quote?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    A double question here but what is your favorite Star Wars scene and overall what is your favorite Star Wars show?

Book or movie? Book is from Courtship of Princess Leia........when Teneniel Djo takes Luke as her prisoner........ "you can't just take men for.............." Love it. Yes she can, and she just did! :p Movie? Anything with X Wings......the new movies did that with class.

Seeing as you are a mod what made you want to become one? Was it the unlimited power or helping people? :p

Helping people mostly, I did like the idea of being a Leader, but honest, the power play is just me being silly mostly. I am not looking to overpower anyone or rule the world.

A follow up to the first question what is your favorite Star Wars quote?

Do or do not, there is no try.............and Hello there...you answer that wrong and I will ignore you....... :p

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Are you excited for Andor? And what do you want to see in the show?

if you could create a Star Wars story about anything film, tv, book video game what would you want it to be about?

What is your favorite season of the year? I know you don’t experience that many, but just imagine the other 3 seasons :p

What is your favorite sport to watch or if played some what was your favorite to play?

What is your least favorite type of game to play? Board game video game you name it.

@Adalia-Durron

Jedi Bluth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Are you excited for Andor? And what do you want to see in the show?

YES! And I loved Rogue One so I am hoping for more gritty real stuff like that.

If you could create a Star Wars story about anything film, tv, book video game what would you want it to be about?

A squadron, an elite one that did not play by the rules, that were left of centre, the outcasts even Wedge gave up on, but a woman leading them who was not only kind of heart but formidable and a little bit scary.

What is your favorite season of the year? I know you don’t experience that many, but just imagine the other 3 seasons :p

I like winter here, not so much the snow in other places, but I do like the storms, the rain, even the cold when I have a good quilt and a dog!

What is your favorite sport to watch or if played some what was your favorite to play?

Hmmm, not much of a sport watcher, I do like car racing and Australian Rules Football, that's pretty much it. Back in School (last century) I played netball, soccer and volleyball, I also danced Jazz/Modern and Flamenco as well as ballet. These days, I shoot archery.

What is your least favorite type of game to play? Board game video game you name it.

Can't play video/computer games, never have been able to do it well enough. I play Cookie Crunch (kinda like Candy Crush) and a game called 10/10 (tetris like) but I love to play UNO with my husband and daughter after dinner most nights. We have fun, actually use strategy and laugh a lot.

11. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    That... sounds familiar.

Tay Neir and Jedi Bluth like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Does, doesn't it! :D

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You watch the queens funeral today? Supposedly the most watched event in human history now. So I would assume so.

how excited are you on a scale of 1-10 for Andor coming this Wednesday?

what is a cause that you are very passionate for?

Are you more of a cat or dog person?

What is something you have done in the last 4 weeks that you are really proud of?

@Adalia-Durron

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You watch the queens funeral today? Supposedly the most watched event in human history now. So I would assume so.

Yes, right to the end, and that was 1.30 am here............and I cried to my surprise, when they lowered the coffin, I was a little overcome...

how excited are you on a scale of 1-10 for Andor coming this Wednesday?

With all that is going on here, honestly I kinda forgot for a bit. But I will be there tomorrow night!

what is a cause that you are very passionate for?

I have a few. Multiple Sclerosis, Breast Cancer, Animal Rescue (I detest people who abuse animals)

Are you more of a cat or dog person?

DOG!!! Allergic to Cats. And the Only dogs I can have are Poodles (oodles) because of this.
    [​IMG]
    This is Ebony Rose,
    [​IMG]
    This is Bonnie Rose.

What is something you have done in the last 4 weeks that you are really proud of?

Raised money for The Make a Wish Foundation, I donated about $100 worth of prizes and the our team won the quiz night. I was proud of me silently.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I challenge someone to ask some questions of your own. Don’t worry we don’t bite

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What's your favorite sound? Smell?
    What's your go-to curse word?

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    What's your favorite sound? Smell?

Hmmm, Sound? That's tough, I love music and often have it going, love the roar of a V8, but birds first thing in the morning make me smile. I love the smell of fresh baked bread or a spring shower of rain after a sunny day....that's worth bottling.

What's your go-to curse word?

Well, there are rules here..........I drop 'crap' a lot.........and I have been known to drop the 'F' bomb when angry (ask my husband), and the 's' one to do with poodoo ;) Its not a heavy part of my vocab though. Did meet a lady two days ago that the 'f' bomb was almost every second word.............eye opening. [face_hypnotized] :eek:

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I assume you have seen Andor by now if you have what we’re your thoughts on the first 3 episodes? Spoiler tagged of course if you want to get into juicy details

What is your favorite activity to do as a group? How about by yourself?

What movie and or show were you really excited for but absolutely bombed in your opinion?

Opposite question What movie and or show were you not that excited for but checked out anyway and blew you away?

What country do you think has the best flag in the world?

@Adalia-Durron

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I assume you have seen Andor by now if you have what we’re your thoughts on the first 3 episodes? Spoiler tagged of course if you want to get into juicy details

Yes, I have and I loved it. Gritty, dirty and 'real'. Not saying much more.

What is your favorite activity to do as a group? How about by yourself?

Group? Quiz nights mostly. Alone. Sewing, archery, writing fiction.

What movie and or show were you really excited for but absolutely bombed in your opinion?

Jurassic World (the last one, didn't even try to remember the name), a lot of hype with the two casts........not very memorable.

Opposite question What movie and or show were you not that excited for but checked out anyway and blew you away?

I didn't hold out much hope for Top Gun Maverick and ended up seeing it twice cause I loved it so much!!

What country do you think has the best flag in the world?

I think every person is going to say their own countries flag.....its human nature. BUT
    [​IMG]

This.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Adalia-Durron , broken image link for the flag?

Edit: That fixed it, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What is your favorite type of drink?

have you ever stopped watching a movie before the movie ended because you disliked it so much?

If any movie, book or show needed a sequel what would it be?

what is one thing you find fun that most people find boring?

do you prefer the ocean or ponds/lakes

@Adalia-Durron

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  22. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    What challenges do you face as a mod?

If someone was interested in becoming a mod what advice would you give them?

Tay Neir likes this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    What is your favorite type of drink?

Depends on the time of year..........in the summer, ice cold water all the way. In the winter, I will reach for a coke or pepsi first........no idea why?

have you ever stopped watching a movie before the movie ended because you disliked it so much?

Yes, Battleship..............worst Movie ever.

If any movie, book or show needed a sequel what would it be?

That's a tough one, I'm really old and my memory goes back a long way. How about we go with Firefly :p

what is one thing you find fun that most people find boring?

I like to hang washing, its weird, but often means I'm outside so I get to spend time in my garden.

do you prefer the ocean or ponds/lakes

Not a huge fan of water in general. I swim in pools, but not entered the water other than that in over 30 years. Never seen a real pond, lakes are rare around here and the fish pee in the ocean........fact. :p

What challenges do you face as a mod?

Being intimidating? Most laugh at me.............not particularly scary on line, but I am in RL. Been told by a few people. That and being on line a lot, that's taxing sometimes, but so worth it. Have you seen my hammer? :p

If someone was interested in becoming a mod what advice would you give them?

Good posting habits, no warnings or banning's, around a lot, be prolific without spamming and be friends with the mods, they notice ;)

Tay Neir and darthbernael like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey today is the last day to get questions in for this interview!

25. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Do you watch B/W movies?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022