main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wohoo!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Darth_Konikus, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    My new Vader chest armour arrived today but Im too small for it! At just under 5'8" I am Dwarf Vader and I now have to figure out a way of making the shoulder bells stay in place. I posted pics of the costume ages ago but since then its undergone quite a lot of change and is no longer good, but now awsome. Chuffed and at the same time a bit miffed cos Im too small :_|

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Perhaps its time you headed down the gym.

Darth Vader isn't the easiest character to pull off and if you aint got the build, its going to show.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I can pull off Vader, but the problem is getting the bit like the chest armour
    Most Vader suits I've seen that you can buy dont come with decent chest armour, or boots, or a 3-piece helmet

4. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Mine isnt shop baught. I made it myself apart from the helmet and have upgraded bits as Ive gone on. Cost about £1500 so far. Doesnt matter about being a short Vader, its all about having fun! [face_dancing] I should know, I was certified insane when I tried to force choke my doctor!

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/darthkonikus/armour.jpg]
    [image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/darthkonikus/HPIM1267.jpg]

5. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Care to rephrase that? [face_laugh]

D_K, if you made it yourself, why did you make it too big? :confused:

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    :eek: @ Fizzbin

D_K, thats a mighty good suit you've made there
    How did you go about making the Shin and chest armour?

7. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    The chest armour and shins in the photo are bought, as is the belt buckle (and helmet obviously) but I only got those today/yesterday?. Originally I made them following the instructions on vadermaker australlia. As I said before I made almost everything myself ( inner and outer capes, body suit, belt boxes and buckle, cod piece, armour and shins, gloves, chest box - everything but the helmet) but since have bought a lot of stuff and now the only things that remain that I made are the fabric and leather items and the belt boxes. The chest box is made from one of those kids voice changers and I put and L.E.D. cicuit and lenses inside (Im not paying over £200 for the G.T. version!). All in all, a lot of money, time and about 3/4 of a mile of cotton through and old hand operated singer sewing machine. Making the leather into quilted leather took ages and turned my hair white (almost) and the suit is the hottest thing Ive ever had to wear! :)

8. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Are you wearing this at Signatopia?

9. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    This is what I wore to work on Thurs for "Superstars/Superheroes" day! BTW, we are raising money for Princess Magaret Hospital for Children, and this was one of our many themed dress up days!

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Natkulynycz/Jedi.jpg]

10. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Unfortunatly not. My other half sent a pm to thedarthvader I think cos we have to pull out of it cos we are absolutely broke. :_| When is the next event cos I really want to get to one soon.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm making a Mandalorian armour suit
    I still need the money to buy the hard plating and some blasters, thats the expensive stuff

12. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    I would love to see that when its finished. Mandalorians are almost as cool as OT storm troopers. :)

13. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    I thought this was gonna be another prank like last time. I think I'll just recognise all Konikus' topics as tricks.

14. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    You dont know the power of the dark side! Some of my topics are actually genuine. Not all though. I like to keep people on their toes. :)

15. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Richie, can I count you in on the Fan Film? It would be great to have a cool Bounty Hunter type guy in it? Suit looks awesome!

16. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Your suit I reckon looks really cool! Sure, maybe the top half is a bit small, but it's still really good! Nice one.

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Hey Elbobin, what's your fan film gonna be about, where are you from and would you need a spare Darth Vader or female jedi knight?

18. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.