main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Women's Football/Soccer - Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jun 8, 2015.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm torn between wanting the rematch and wanting USA vs England.

2. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    C'mon England!

I have tickets to the final and want to see USAvsEngland. Not just because I think we'd have an easier time against England, but because I always like seeing new teams have a shot at gold

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    6.1 overnight rating in the US being reported. Absolutely massive number. How high can Sunday get?

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Come on England.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh]

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh my. Poor, poor England.

At least you didn't go out on penalties ...

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    lol typical England. Had some great chances that second half.

Go USA.

8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    That freak'n hurts man.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    England made a hell of a run for a team that was barely supposed to get out of their group.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ouch. Ooooowwww. My heart hurts for England right now.

Japan don't even deserve to be in the final. Please God don't let us lose to them again. Please please please.

11. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    :(.

Somewhere, Steve Smith is out there, and he knows better than almost anyone what she's experiencing. In kind of an eerie coincidence, today's own goal happened in Edmonton. Where did Steve Smith's own goal happen against the Flames in 1989? In Edmonton.

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The final four teams were USA, Japan, England and Germany. Sounds like World War 2 all over again!

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    My footballing world right now....

[​IMG]

I'm not ashamed to admit, for the first time, a women's football result literally reduced me to tears. Honestly thought the stars were aligning for us :( Bassett is, and will remain, a hero. Proper soldier throughout the World Cup. Sadly, the game can be very cruel to the English

14. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i had to laugh at the half time punditry. Dowie's niece or whoever it was admitted twice to not having watched a single game of Japan's throughout the tournament.

she's being paid to provide her opinion on a WC semi final and she hasn't even watched the opposition. wow.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I feel sorry for Laura Bassett. I'm sure she feels horrible and will probably have nightmares about it. And I wouldn't say that Japan defeated England as technically that's not what happened.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My dad, who knows nothing about football, saw that OG and said "I'd kick her off the team!" I'm positive she'll be punishing herself far more than anyone else could.

Man, that's one of the most devastating endings I've seen in a sporting event.

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    High, high up on the stomach punch list.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    99.99% of the time, that ball would've gone out for a corner. Had to go for it, attacker was coming in.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    England ahead ... On a penalty!

And it's over. Congrats England, great tournament for the Lionesses

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    England is generally overjoyed when they can beat the Germans in anything, so hopefully this will take some of the heat off of that poor defender who played her heart out.

A 3rd place finish for the 6th ranked team in the world is quite good, especially when remembering that England also knocked the host country out.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    They beat the host, the World #1, and arguably the best player in the world (Marta). Nice tournament, indeed.

SoloKnight likes this.
  22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Bronze wins Bronze.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    3rd place at a World Cup. Most successful English World Cup performance on foreign soil; second best side after the 1966 team. And we beat ze Germans.

Well played, girls. Well played.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    C'mon, ladies. Local bar has been standing room only for the past hour. Kinda crazy.

25. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Go USA today.