main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Women's Football/Soccer - Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jun 8, 2015.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i don't think gotham fc is going to finish last again this year. lynn williams was a brilliant signing to give them a big pacey striker, and her presence should open up a lot of chances for purce.

really fun battle going tonight with angel city.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    megan rapinoe is in fantastic form, best game i've seen from her this season today against angel city.

world cup is less than two months away, she could play a larger role than expected.

3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    have only managed to catch a couple of nwsl games so far, but definitely looking forward to the world cup this summer

DarthIntegral and EHT like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's incredible how fast I went from "Huh, I wonder when the kickoffs even are what with the whole Australia and New Zealand thing?" to "Huh, there's a 3:30 in the morning now?"

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, time zones are always a thing lol

for me I know at least a couple bars where the games should be live without having to go for the replay

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I’m definitely just going with replays on some of these, USA USA and/or Deustchland Deutschland and all that but not at 4 AM on a work day. :p

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

will be different with no press, heath, dahlkemper, sam mewis, sauerbrunn. but this is a good transitional team, building for the future - should make the final four. england is just much better, and have so much of their roster in prime years - would be shocked if they don't win.

trinity rodman and sophia smith should be household names by the end of the tournament for the uswnt.

starfish likes this.
  8. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    only a month away, can't wait

Ramza and heels1785 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    now about 10 hours out from the first game of the 2023 women's world cup, new zealand vs norway. never know what will happen with a home side, but norway should cruise.

united states/vietnam is friday at 9p eastern, england/haiti is 5:30a eastern/9:30a gmt on saturday morning. fox has broadcast rights for united states, bbc/itv have joint rights for the uk.

here's a nice visual schedule for the full tournament, credit to lev akabas on twitter:

[​IMG]

couple of really tough groups, probably a tie between E (usa, netherlands, portugal) and G (sweden, italy, argentina). two biggest group stage matchups will be usa/netherlands next wednesday and france/brazil a week from this saturday.

my pick to win is england, continue their roll from the euros with their best generation of players in their collective prime - added in a poll for anyone else to add their picks.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It's hard to pick anyone but the USA. The mixture of youth and experience, they might be better than two previous squads who won the Cup.

Juliet316 , EHT and heels1785 like this.
  12. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I'm picking Canada, to back up the Olympic gold medal last summer

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Injuries have made the US vulnerable; it’s coming home (he said, trying to jinx England).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    solojones and heels1785 like this.
  14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ladies and Gentlemen ... heels

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oceania came to play, almost as if that were the host continent.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Anyone else waiting for Pointy and the "haven't seen the US with this much offence against a vulnerable Vietnamese defence since ..." Posts?

Beautiful first goal there.

EHT and Ramza like this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That was nearly two, I think they’ve definitely got the lock picked on this defense.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    This keeper is having a game. Phenomenal so far

EHT and solojones like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    that was a poorly taken penalty

EHT, solojones and DarthIntegral like this.
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eight minutes of added time. It’s a World Cup alright.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That is also true

Was directed at heels, but works for either

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    Juliet316 , heels1785 and Ramza like this.
  22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Where the hell was that angle from the opposite side of the pitch when we needed it two minutes ago? At least it stands.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    solojones likes this.
  23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Definitely something to be proud of for Vietnam.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Feels well and truly put to bed now.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    lots of credit to vietnam, well-organized all night and relentless pressuring the ball. there were lots of people expecting a repeat of the thailand result in 2019, and this certainly hasn't been it.

a good start for the united states, too. wednesday will be a big test.

Juliet316 , EHT, Ramza and 1 other person like this.