main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Wonder Woman' Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Paradise in Naboo, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Anyone remember Sarah in the Wonder Women suit when she hosted the MTV Movie Awards? [face_love]

Anyway, it seems everyone is taking the Kate Beckinsale story as truth. They had a story on E! (don't make fun of me :p) about it, also mentioning Lohan and Gellar as top contenders. The media = :rolleyes:

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Thats great, just great.

Ah its driving me crazy trying to think of the guys name that hit the popular media that way during the PSA days. Darth something he had a multicolored lightsaber with like four blades, ugh what was his name?

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I"ve been reading this thread with great interest. I loved the original WW series. Wasn't anywhere need a kid, but I really wanted to be her. :D [face_blush] Couple that with a love of everything Whedonesque, this should be great fun.

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    wow! that is like the best Aprils Fool Joke EVER!!!! Ha! I wonder who will have it next...

but now, i;m getting scared - what if its true? And contenders please! They are rumors people... RUMORS!

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    man, every place I have gone its been Beckinsale has been cast... like I said - best AFD joke ever...

6. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    There's a new poll / article over at AOL Moviefone. A lot of pretty ridiculous choices. I voted for Morena.

7. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL, stating my love for Superman, I had the same sig with you before some time. Great lines...[:D]

On topic now, my personal favourite is Evangeline Lilly. I don't know about the fight stuff, but she certainly has the looks. I'm ok with Kate Beckinsale too, but just because she wear a WW last Halloween in some paparazzi pics, doesn't mean she's qualifyied.

The names on that AOL poll are somehow out of place --Angelina Jolie, Mischa Barton, Jessica Alba, they don't even look like WW!:rolleyes:

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thats because they are big names and hollywood/entertainment news areas only want to talk about big names...

curse thee who shall break the convant between the big names and E!News! You shall be foresaken in the dungeon of straight to video!

sorry - I'm getting to the end of my rope with Entertainment Rags...

And to think when X-Men came out there was nothing in the news about who would play Wolverine... nothing...

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    What? It was a pretty big deal when Scott lost the role to Jackman. To think, if only MI:2 hadn't gone long Scott might be doing something other then TV remakes of The Ten Commandments.

Anyways, like I've said before I think they'll need and end up going with some what of a big name actress for the role. Maybe not Jolie big but I think they'll need something they can capitalize on. I too would like Lilly.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    well, see I didn't have cable at the time... so I had no clue...

I'm just saying it wasn't as important as it seems to be now that comic films are bringing in a good bit of cash.

And I thought Scott deceided to do MI2 instead of X... at least thats what I remember reading...

11. weezer

May 16, 2001
    No, he just couldn't because MI:2 ran long on shooting.

Big budget movies always bring a fair bit of buzz and speculation. Yes, they bring in the big bucks now but they knew they were going to be big bucks then too.

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    why do you have to make a fight out of everything? I really don't need this much conflict in my life... anyways, I enjoyed this forum for what it was - I don't think I will be back anytime soon... thanks to everyone for the wonderful conversations we have had.

13. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    varza, weezer was just trying to get the facts right, not trying to start a fight. I don't see any conflict here, just calm discussion. Please reconsider!

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yes, yes. No harm meant, you asked a question I just tried to clarify some things.

Sorry if you felt that way [:D]

15. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    On a lighter note, IMDB has sort of acknowledged that they screwed up with the Kate Beckinsale "news". They now have a new poll on the casting. This one has fewer choices than the AOL poll. I voted for "I prefer someone else entirely". Kate Beckinsale is leading the poll, though.

16. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Give me an unknown...or someone hawt like Lucy Pinder.

17. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I'd rather have somebody in the middle who hasn't already been typecast and looks good as a brunette.

Around what age would be best, 25-30. Besides Natalie and Keira who've already been in big action movies it's hard thinking of that demographic.

18. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Sure, I think an unknown would be great for the role. I was actually thinking of the dark haired beauty on that new ABC show "What about Brian?" She could pull of the WW look.

19. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    I've never heard of her before. I checked her IMDB page and there are no pictures.

20. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    She's not an actress; she's just a hot body. I doubt she'd be good in the role, that's why I suggested that dark hair beauty...whatever her name is...from that "Brian" show.

21. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    For those who watch WWE wrestling, I remember Trish Stratus as Wonder Woman for their Halloween episode. She actually looked good for the part.

22. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Just as long as Chyna isn't cast in the role. [face_sick]

23. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    I did a Google Image search and um... yeah... she's the latter.

24. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Sorry I couldn't provide a pic and had to do your own hunting. :(

But you know some wrestlers have crossed over into film. Hogan, Triple H, Kane. It'd be pretty interesting to say the least.

25. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Hogan's excursions into film have not been stellar experiences though, e.g., Rocky III (admittedly entertaining), No Holds Barred, and Mr. Nanny. :p

You're right...it would be very interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.