main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Wonder Woman' Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Paradise in Naboo, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    that's a pretty bad assumption to make. we don't know who else they've picked to take over

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Unfortunately given that this is the same movie studio that wanted Nick Cage as Superman originally, tyhat's probably an accurate assumption, particularly since Lohan has said she wants to play WW.

All I know is nothing would make me want to see this movie now.

3. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't think we should be to pessimistic, theres still a good chance that a good movie will come out of this.

4. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'm so glad Whedon is off of this project. If he were running the show, Wonder Woman would probably be a rape victim turned lesbian, or something Buffy-ish.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd caught the last of a scrolling marque blurb on CNN and knew if I came here someone would have posted about it.

I agree abuot the possibility of it now being dumbed down. His name on it and his wonderfully 3 dimensional charaters were a couple things that drew me to this movie in the first place.

I'll keep track of it, but I won't hold my breath.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The way I see it now, one of two things: Either Lohan will get her wish and play a dumb as a brick Diana, or the movie just will not get made at all at this point.

I'm leaning towards the latter with Lohan's recent penchant for unreliablity for showing up on her movie sets.

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sweet Charisma Carpenter! Pessimist much, people? Let's just see how this all plays out before panning it....

8. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Where is the idea of Lindsay Horhan aka Lindsay The Drunk, Loose Lindsay or Lindsay Lohan, playing Wonder Woman coming from ?

Peter Jackson should direct wonder woman 8-} I doubt he would though.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i highly doubt the studios would even consider offering the role to Lohan

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Don't be so sure. The last two Batman movies before Batman Begins ring a bell?

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i think WB has learned their lesson since then as is proven with Batman Begins

12. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I agree. I think the studios are recognizing that superhero movies work only if you can take them somewhat seriously. The real touchstone of the current movement is the original X-Men film. It took itself seriously to a certain extent and tried to create a world where the mutants' powers could actually exist. It wasn't campy...or at least as campy as the B:F and B&R. Recently, Catwoman is a film that reemphasized the point that the superhero story has to have some basis in pragmatism.

Of course, there is the other extreme with films like HULK which seem to take themselves too seriously. I personally liked HULK but I can see where the complaints come from with some backing.

13. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I thought Batman Forever was alright Val Kilmer was an OK Batman, although Batman and Robin was a complete disaster. The filmmakers just have to make sure they strike a balance.

14. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Interestingly, the Donner's were associated with the X-men films. Therefore, one could say that it was Superman: The Movie that, originally, showed us a basic formula for how a superhero film should progress. Richard Donner says on the documentaries for the first two Superman films that they had a $10 word posted above them at all times, "verisimilitude". It's a fancy way of saying, "Keep it real." Directors, producters, writers, etc must treat any comicbook undertaking, no matter how ridiculous it seems, as a true story if it is going to have a real chance at appealing to audiences and succeeding as a well crafted motion picture. Amazingly, the first two Superman movies are so well done, storywise, that many of us are able to ignore the obvious and sleazy disco era in the background of these pictures. Those movies work; even today.

Sam Raimi has done a good job of dealing with the material he has been given as well, and I can't wait to see what Nolan gives us with The Dark Knight.

Back to the focus of this topic. Let's hope that the Wonder Woman story falls into the right hands.

15. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    LOL!
    [face_laugh]

WW would spend the whole film crying over something!

"I'm such a tortured, flawed hero! Bwaaaaaa-haa-ha-haaaa!"
    :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.