main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Honestly, the onscreen presentation of the Battle of Endor is so riddled with mistakes that's it's a futile effort trying to work out the continuity of things. There's the b-wings disappearing right at the beginning, the inconsistent amount of capital ships, the women dubbed over by men, and then as you've pointed out dialogue not matching what's in the shots, plus numerous other visual mistakes/inconsistencies.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I don't think they show Sila Kott after her A-wing is destroyed, do they? I think they show Arvel Crynyd, the similar looking A-wing pilot.

Weirdly there are a few pilots at Endor with almost-twins.

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh, okay...just looked on Wookieepedia, and the two shots are of different pilots. I guess it's hard to tell with the headgear and all.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...huh, and here I always thought all this nonsense started with AOTC. :p

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I guess they used a shot of Gray Leader and dubbed him with a younger male voice actor. I switch between this being either Horton Salm's younger brother or a relative assigned at the last minute to replace the original Red Two who is out ill / injury pre-battle or Will Scotian flying a Y-wing because his X-wing got blasted out from under him during the Battle of Falleen's Fist.

Yeah, the confusion is largely cause they are both A-wing pilots. Though Sila Kott (played by Poppy Hands, voice by a male actor though still canonically female) is clearly different looking from Arvel Crynyd (portrayed by Hilton McCrae) when you look at their faces closely even for brief moments they are both on-screen. Sila Kott's callsign has been misidentified as Red Two on databank (but they haven't fixed the whole Telsij/Ekelarc Yong issue either) but she has been clearly marked as Red Three.

The B-wing absence should really have been addressed in the Special Edition. They may not have add the scene showing the death of that Star Destroyer but seriously, add a B-wing here or there please. About the only things they did in the Special Edition was cut and paste a few extra ships here and there and at the hand as the Falcon approaches the forest moon, the fleet is now actually moving instead of staying where they are.

Adywan's Revisited is planning to add B-wing pilots to the sequence and clear the inconsistencies here and there.

6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Oh wow. A 2017 nucanon source explicitly ID'd Kott as Red Three? Awesome! When I wrote the BTS of what's now her Legends article years ago, I kinda felt like I was grasping at straws when I basically wrote "Look, even though her action figure, the junior novelization, and the damn screenplay of the film call her Red Two, she's Red Three according to G-canon, for Waru's sake!" If Michael Kogge read that BTS, said "Yeah, checks out," and then called her Red Three in the nucanon, then my straw grasping is vindicated!

7. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm thinking the Battle of Endor should have gotten the updated CGI treatment rather than the Battle of Yavin. The action looks really sparse...just a few fighters flying around here and there, and the capital ships are just hanging there not firing their weapons. Heck, the opening battle with the Tantive IV was more exciting, as was the Star Destroyer shooting at asteroids.

Also, that picture of the B-wings blowing up the Star Destroyer...did that come from unused footage or something?

seeker_two likes this.
  8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    the Wook' say that the vornskr are 0.8 m high (by the shoulder I guess) but don't refer where this info is from, do anybody know?

11. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The Essential Guide to Alien Species, p.146.

Nom von Anor and Gamiel like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If I rememberr right so was the oswaft from Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka described in the book as resembling a Portuguese man o' war, but there is no mention of that on their Wook' page, instead they are called manta like. Is it me that's remembering it wrong and if not: why is there no mention of them resembling a Portuguese man o' war on their page?

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    You remember it right.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Portuguese_man-o'-war

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks.

Have to say that I find it strange that the article consider the mention of Portuguese man-o'-war to be "not clear if it was meant to be out-of-universe or not" since the part earlier when the text say "An alien observer in a different place and time" is to me a clear indication that they meant somebody on Earth would say that the oswaft resemble a manta ray and/or Portuguese man-o'-war.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Nom von Anor likes this.
  16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't think so, but wow! The two mantis aliens are listed on Wookieepedia as "Mzerc" and "Mzerc's wife". That's ridiculous. Look at how they're introduced - Senator and Master Mzerc. If anything, the articles should be "Mzerc" (for the senator) and Mzerc's husband!

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing

comradepitrovsky likes this.
  18. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Does anybody know why Wookieepedia has pages for canon novels and separate pages for the audiobooks of those novels?
    You'd think the audiobook would be a section on the novel page

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Something something "this one audiobook uses a different word than the novel on page 258 therefore it needs its own page therefore every audiobook needs its own page, and while we're at it let's make sure we mention on every page that someone/something appeared in both the novel and the audiobook, because that one audiobook had an extra mention of"

Oh god I can't do it any more. I'm sure it's something as asinine as that though.

20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    You know, that would actually be really interesting if the differences between the audiobook and the actual book were noted. I notice differences all the time. The audiobooks are likely going off an earlier draft.

I was just listening to the Shatterpoint audiobook, which aside from being heavily abridged also has an interesting difference - in the first scene where they're in Palpatine's office, in the audiobook, Mace keeps calling him "sir", putting it in nearly every sentence he says directly to Palpatine. Obviously at some point before the final draft, someone told Stover to stop making Mace such a deferential bootlicker or something.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    It is so hard to switch from Legends to Canon and vice versus on mobile...

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean yeah, but they don't need their own articles. Seeing this on every page is nauseating.
    Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.06.34 AM.png
    Oh boy, new book, guess we need a new audiobook page too. 8-}

23. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm sure it's been discussed, but wouldn't it make more sense to split Legends and new canon off into separate wikis altogether?

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Not if the Wook wants to be the premiere Star Wars wiki. Most big wikis I'm familiar with are willing to pay host to multiple continuities, just look at the Marvel wiki and the dozens of continuities it deals with.

25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    It just seems like a headache to have to think "am I looking at new canon or Legends?" And to make matters worse, a lot of the time the article name is different when switching between the two.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.