main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. CovenantLord878

CovenantLord878 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2023
    So does wookipedia have a forum too? I dont get how people can fight over a website that is mostly focused on distinguishing between z 95 headhunters and arc 170s

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Because people cared enough to be transphobic or homophobic...?

Noash, I'm baffled as to what you're arguing here. I am trying, though, so do lay it out for me.

The Wookieepedia needs some kind of administrative structure to ensure quality is met, yes, and that structure can and will be coloured by people who care enough to be bigots and people care enough to fight back.

3. Immi Thrax

Immi Thrax Jedi Knight

Apr 4, 2021
    Sinre Edit: I'm drawing a line under this. No more.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2023
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The conversation is ended.

I'm not having accounts suddenly active after years of inactivity to fight battles elsewhere.

Only warning.

Malachi108 and JediFett10 like this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So this isn't limited to Wookieepedia specifically, but I've been wondering: does anyone know if there's an extension out to let me go back to actually being able to click on files on Fandom wikis, without getting automatically redirected to whatever main page they're on? It's a real nuisance if I just want to look at an image.

6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    You need an account apparently. Whenever I get logged out, it tends to happen quite often.

7. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    This never gets old [face_laugh]

Is it only an issue on mobile?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So this may seem stupid but I have a question and I couldn’t easily find an answer. I was looking at Marc Thompson’s wook page and I am confused by his bibliography. It seems weirdly incomplete. I know for a fact he has done tons of the audio books I have been listening to recently. A majority in fact. But only his work up to 2013 is cited and then after that only the audio dramas are cited. Aphra, Dooku Lost, Battle of Jedha. Is this done on purpose or is this just not complete?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Marc_Thompson

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I can't work out what the difference is supposed to be between the "Bibliography" section and the "Audio works" section. Honestly the former seems superfluous, as the "Audio works" section looks to be complete, including everything after 2013. Probably why the cleanup tag is at the top of the page --- the incomplete "Bibliography" section doesn't need to be there at all.

10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I don't understand why the Wook doesn't just combine the film adaptions into a bracket section e.g. (novel / junior novel / comic adaption / audiobook), it'd reduce the size a great deal.

Then again, with how they have avoided lists for relevant information recently on battle and squadron and unit pages, combined with putting "Units" in a separate section to "Strength" which has become a participants list and filled with irrelevant information most of the time itself. The Wook has done strange things recently.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think in this specific case it's just a casualty of disinterest. There are some ongoing articles that get all the love, and then others that either slip through the cracks or just get the barest attention.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh you guys are correct the audio works is complete.

@Jeff_Ferguson I agree it’s very redundant to have both.

13. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah we need to remember all that is done voluntarily. What the people who are actively updating the Wook are most interested in is what will get the most attention.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    But at the same time if someone who does care about that but isn't an active editor tried to make a huge update/reorganization of that page they'd probably be met with a litany of notes about how they didn't format things properly. One classic Wikipedia principle that I think wook culture still needs to work on is Be Bold--the attitude that it's better for a newbie/casual editor to add new information incorrectly than not at all.

Jeff_Ferguson and Senpezeco like this.
  15. Sly442

Sly442 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2018
    People provide notes? I thought they just revert changes without providing any explanation. :))

Senpezeco and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Bingo. Being bold is a good thing, and if it results in some formatting errors, hey, no harm done, some established editors should helpfully make some edits to fix those formatting errors instead of just reverting them. Around the time I stopped being an active editor, it was just revert, revert, revert. I hope they've made some strides away from that mindset, but like with all things Wook, I won't be surprised if they haven't.

Watcherwithin and Senpezeco like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I actually forget why I stopped editing wook pages. Don’t have access to that account anymore so it’s not like I’ll pick it up again anyway

18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I wonder if Wookieepedia would ever leave Fandom. it really is a **** show.

Wowpeida recently voted to leave.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    lol just saw that hello there is trending for some reason.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Top three articles right now:

1. Baylan Skoll
    2. Abeloth
    3. Hello There

...guys wtf.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Legends Maul article says, “Later stripped of his black Nightbrother markings, Maul was left solely red-skinned. Agonizing Sith tattoos were applied personally by Darth Sidious”

I think this an example of a “solution” that’s worse than the “problem”. They would be better off just saying that Maul not having tattoos when Sidious first discovered him and Sidious giving him tattoos are no longer canon like they do with Valorum’s death in the Republic comics and Grevious killing Adi Gallia.

22. TCW contradicts Clone Wars Multimedia Project Darth Plagueis Novel have elements of TCW but the EU works better with the Multimedia Project being the Legends Version of the Clone Wars while TCW being Disney Canon Universe Only

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2023
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is a page? This is a page. OMG.

24. I would like to know the Source of Wookieepedia saying that Vima Sunrider taught or trained the Exile

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    KOTOR campaign guide

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.