main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith / Dark Side Works in Progress - What are you sewing today?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Lady_Belligerent , Sep 7, 2022.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It’s been a journey, and one I’ll have to repeat on the other hand shortly. They take out two bones to redo the joint, and apparently that’s the hardest part of the healing. I’m just impatient to get my strength back.

My big poodle goes through toys too. I’ve got a pile of those to repair soon.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I sewed up her bed the other night and forgot to stuff the stuffing back in, so now I am waiting for her to rip it again so I can re stuff it!! LOL

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    My surgeon said I can sew! Just no gripping, pulling, or lifting with my left hand. Baby steps though, I guess. :p I’ve got Christmas gifts that I need to get done before I plan the surgery on my right hand.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Early next year then? Before the rush for Easter comes in March.... Glad to hear you are back in action!

I'm working on a butterfly costume to wear at Childrens Charity events, one coming up in December. I'm also looking at Grogu fabric to make something for my best friend who has turned her dressing table into a shrine to the little green guy!!

5. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m doing it again with my right hand. I wish I could say it doesn’t suck, but I really want to enjoy using my hands again one day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’m typing very slowly. Surgical dressing comes off on the 26th and they’ll put me in a lighter weight splint.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That looks so painful, sending healing wishes

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I have a sensitivity to most painkillers, so it’s indeed painful :( but will be worth it once I’ve healed. I’m happy to have the actual surgery behind me.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m always the last person to discover something :p
    I’ve been introduced to peg boards for blocking knits. I’d just finished a small project, a sweater for my smallest dog, in between hand surgeries.
    Using a peg board to block is a dream, it was really convenient and simple.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now I need to know what that is!!!

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    At Christmas, I borrowed a costume from a friend who owns a costume shop, and it was really well recieved!!! So I started gathering to make my own version of it, now I'm excited for that!
    [​IMG]
    Already sourced the satin, a lacier top with red ribbon trim, the belt and even a red tulle underskirt. This year, I will be knock the dead with my dedication to costuming!! The guy who normally dresses up last year walked in and shook his head, "yeah, you win this year!" he declared!

Add to that my sister in law is having a 50th birthday and she has an 80s theme. No neon here, I decided I am going as Barf, or Barfolemew, the Mog. Half Man, half dog, his own best friend!!

Seldes_Katne likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Tomorrow night I will be at my sister in laws 80s party for her 50th, I hope to have a photo of my costume to show you, I have decided to go as Barf........the Mawg.......half man half dog, my own best friend ;)

Arbella likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]
    With my daughter, her fiancé and my husband at an 80s Party tonight, I won best dressed woman tonight. My ears are a bit big, but my tail was a hit! My make up was being wiped off as it was still 33C when we arrived and my wig was hot! Add to that I got fluff from my gloves in my eye!! A disaster.....but many knew who I was and the amount of people who said 'love your costume' was worth the effort I put in.

Seldes_Katne likes this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Better image but face paint was wearing off due to it being so damn hot!

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    First project post surgery and finally without splints. This costume needed the waist taken in for a better fit. [​IMG]

15. belligerent

belligerent Jedi Knight

Jun 5, 2014
    This morning I had to make an emergency repair to a well loved Mushu’s tail.

My hand strength just isn’t where I need it to be, so I’m adapting. Thankfully I have tools! My mini Leatherman is the perfect size for pulling my needle through.
    [​IMG]

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I really should open a stuffy emergency hospital.

My smallest Leatherman tool has been a lifesaver for pulling upholstery needles through.