main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    So ... I've gotten completely sucked into this again. :p

Now 85, ilevel 350, and raiding a couple of times a week. Assassination took a bit of getting used to - I levelled my rogue as Combat/Sub and literally hadn't even looked at the Assassination tree until I regretfully realised Combat is eminently unsuited for raiding nowadays - but now it's so much fun, I can't believe I didn't spec it before. (Well: mostly because there's a marked lack of good daggers levelling, but anyway.)

Raiding is loads more engaging and interesting than it was. It's a huge difficulty leap from Normals ... I have a feeling it's not such a shock if you do Normal -> Heroic -> Raid but I kindasorta skipped heroics because I got lucky with drops and my guild was needing warm bodies to fill up spots. I think I died on every other pull before I learnt not to stand in the fire.

and yes, BRD was indeed an instance! They preserved most of it in the new one, though, unlike ST, so new generations of players can still enjoy most of the fun.

2. SpaceMonkey10

SpaceMonkey10 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 2, 2006
    I'm trying to get into some RPing in WoW, but I can't seem to find anything good. Does anyone know a good server and/or area where I can find this?

3. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
  4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Just started back playing a couple days ago...

-No defias(I guess a good thing, there seems to be more story now)
    -Paladins (I'm leveling a new one since I really don't understand my old pallys rotation post cata.)

My entire feeling post-Cata so far, with my level 13 Pally: [face_tired] mixed with a :-B type approach to leveling now.

-b

5. fezzador

fezzador Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2004
    Any recommendations on soloing the Leeroy achievement with a ret pally?

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I really, really hope that patch 4.3 drops before December.

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYX1GyD8q4U&feature=youtube_gdata_player (don't know if the link works)

The phrase I'm looking for is:

Son. Of. A. -*

or

They. Are. Kidding.

But do want to be a monk. :D

8. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Oh gods, raid leaders. Does anyone else get really annoyed when a raid leader doesn't explain fights or at least ask if anyone needs an explanation? I was in ICC a few days ago with a random group from trade chat. Didn't expect them to be all that good, but somehow I ended up as the only one pointing out specific mechanics and reminding people not to stand in horrible things. Raid leader never even mentioned anything and took almost all the loot. Including stuff that people wanted for transmog gear.

Also, is there seriously a prejudice against female tanks, or is my server weird? I've admitted when tanking that I'm female, and on Vent, it's clear. And despite actually being a good tank, I still get so much "you're a girl, why are you tanking?" Do players really just figure that if you're a female paladin, you have to be a healer? It's annoying. Also, I am the worst healer ever anyways and no one believes that until they see it.
    </rant>

9. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    No doubt one of the reasons WoW is losing subscriptions.

Investor call this week they admitted they lost 800,000 in the last quarter, dropping from 11.1 million to 10.3.

10. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Chick.
    Effing.
    Norris.

Anyone seen the ad? :rolleyes:

11. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'm thinking that I may be ending my Warcraft subscription soon. In a way, that just boggles my mind. I've subscribed to WoW for almost a quarter of my life.

12. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    As soon as I'm not at work, I'm watching the Chuck Norris ad. I've heard it's kind of awesome.

Has anyone successfully raided Stormwind? Attempted last night with 80 people (2 40-man raids). We couldn't deal with 50 Alliance as well as the bosses. But one paladin, the Dreadguards, and the other NPC's kept 50 Alliance out of Undercity. City raids are so hard.

13. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Were you going for the achievement for killing the leader? :)

14. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Soooooo....

Who going to be the first to kill Deathwing when it's back up with 4.3?

If you can be bothered after the trailer. Seems few liked it.

15. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Exact same boat here. It boggles the mind that i have been with this game for 5 years, now. I hadn't logged in since the start of September, though. Bad guild and guild leader REALLY killed my love for the game. The majority of my old friends had all quit. There was one left who is still with the game, and he was the only reason i still had any real interest in logging in, but he was an officer in a BAD Guild, and wasn't interested in leaving it. Raiding had become an excruciating experience. Giant gaps in between boss attempts because our Raid/guild leader liked to hear himself talk about stuff not even related to raid combined with TERRIBLE decisions on loot to benefit the Guild and our attempts at progression (and the raids under his leadership were mostly fail anyways, he was the type who would rip people for not being prepared, and then not be prepared himself!) I finally had enough.

My buddy tells me that Guild drama finally caused that GL to quit the group, and that things are much better now under new leadership, but i'm afraid that my desire to play that game (at least right now) was completely quashed. After 2 months of not logging in, i finally logged onto my Bnet account and cancelled the subsription. Apparently i can play till Jan 2, but honestly i don't think i'm even gonna bother.

I do feel sad about quitting this game, though. It's been a part of my daily life for pretty much 5 straight years solid.

Feels weird!

16. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Took us 2.5 hours to have him down once 4.3 went live.

Sadness.

Heroics are the hardest of the expansion in Dragon Soul, though. Granted... there's no reward for Glory of the Dragon Soul raider currently... so our interest in getting the meta done isn't there. We've had every single 10 man drake meta achievement since Wrath came out during the relative patch.

Meh, it was a fun run but really, after getting the legendary staff... I think it is time to call it quits.

17. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    For me it was mostly "been there, killed that" combined with getting tired of avoiding the fire and getting tired of watching other people in the fire. The kicker for me was actually the "subscribe for a year, we'll throw in Diablo III" move that they did. It forced me to think about whether or not I was going to subscribe for a year. I decided I wasn't, and I also wasn't going to play Diablo. And that was that.

18. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah, i can understand that^

I have to admit i also thought long and hard about the "subscribe for a year get diablo 3 free" offer.

But i never played either of the first 2 DIABLO games, and i just can't bring myself to log into WoW anymore.

It may change at some point, I may give Mists of Kung-Fu Panda a try, but..... i dunno. The Old Republic may fill my MMORPG addiction for the foreseeable future...

19. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I was going to go back to WoW for a little bit because I missed it, but....then I saw the panda expansion. I'm not going back. That was kind of what I needed to leave forever.

I'm also suspecting that blizzard half knows that, and did it strategically to build up for their next mmo which is going to probably start releasing stuff suspiciously soon I expect.

20. b3gi

b3gi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2011
    i started playing wow again after 1 year pause and my opinion is it RLY sucks i quit playing again after only 1 month of playing

21. b3gi

b3gi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2011
    i started playing wow again after 1 year pause and my opinion is it RLY sucks i quit playing again after only 1 month of playing

22. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2687-Mists-of-Pandaria-Press-Tour

Dear Mr Hellscream

You're dead.

Signed Allience and Horde

23. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not too sure how I feel about Mist, but anything is better then Cata, that's for sure.