main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive World War : II RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Canadian-Sith, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Ready to kick some Allied arse! Ja!

Kommando, an greiften rechts Flanke!

Heckenschütze!

2. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I guess my character's german rank would be: "Oberpanzergrenadier" with a side order of " Kraftsfahrer", unless that's wrong, Mitthy...?

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    The bold would be the rank that goes with the shoulder bars and collar tabs. The rest are job titles that are most likely identified with patches, ribbons, etc.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  5. Canadian-Sith

Canadian-Sith Jedi Youngling star 4

May 25, 2006
    Alright, sorry for the extended wait but I was waiting for some players to return from vacation.

Everyone who is playing say "I" if you're here and ready to play. If we have enough i'll start tomorrow

6. Master_Y-wing

Mar 1, 2003
    I believe you mean "Aye." ;)

7. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    How ironic. I decided to pop in Saving Private Ryan after not watching it for over a year, and get this intense urge to join a WWII RPG after watching it. Now, I've been away from B.TF.N for quite some time now, but I felt that I'd return and hope that a WWII RPG was available - and indeed there is! I am very much interested, and will be sending my sheet in ASAP.

8. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Aye

I have exams next week, so dont expect to see me posting like mad until holidays start.

I am ready though.....

9. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    GM Approved

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Nation: Great Britain

Name: Adam K. Townsend

Religion: Catholic

Appearance:
    - Strawberry-Blonde hair.
    - Hazel eyes.
    - Fair complexion; high cheekbones, strong jawline.
    - Tall, fit physique.

Class: Rifleman

Standard Weapons/Equipment:
    Primary - Lee-Enfield Bolt-Action Infantry Rifle.
    Side-Arm - Webley Mark IV Revolver.
    Other - Three Fragmentation Grenades, Combat Knife.

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 187lbs.

Miscellaneous Physical Notes:
    - Missing left pinky finger due to shrapnel from an earlier skirmish.
    - Occasional kink in his back associated with his time as a carpenter prior to enlistment.

Biography:

Adam Kenneth Townsend. Born in the heart of Southampton, one of the southern-most cities of Britain, Adam (nicknamed "Addy" by his closest relatives and friends) experienced a typically average life at home.

Graduating from college and earning a fine living as a carpenter (working everywhere from neighborhoods, to docking piers, to major construction sites throughout the city), Adam had become engaged to his fiancee Sara just prior to becoming drafted into the many ranks of the British Infantry in North Africa. Accomplishing basic training and serving valiantly in several objectives prior to his current one, Townsend has climbed several ranks of the militaristic hierarchy to Corporal and has been assigned as Rifleman to his squad due to his expertise in medium-long range combat.

Adam also possesses a small amount of knowledge in demolitions, due to his experiences as a carpenter and ability to lead explosive-weilding comrades in the right direction when taking down massive strategic buildings, towers, U-boats, etc. The man himself, however, has little knowledge if any on how to operate and handle explosives, and therefore does not carry any while on duty.

Corporal Townsend's current mission seems to be the definite ending of the Afrika Korp's tyranny over Northern Africa, along with the abduction/and or execution of the Afrika Korp's leader, General Erwin Rommel, aka "Desert Fox"...

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Aye aye, Kaptain!

11. Canadian-Sith

May 25, 2006
    Sounds good everyone, here FINALLY is my intro post, forgive me if it is a bit breif.

It was the year 1942, and the british had been invaded by Italian troops on the African front. The Italians suffered large losses, but the Afrika Korps, lead by Erwin Rommel came to their rescue ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC : Mitt, you will have to make a speech as Rommel to the Afrika Korps. Sorry to pin this on you [Face_Tongue]

IC : Dwight Eisenhower

*Eisenhower is giving a speech to the American troops, before they go to help the British offensive on Libya*

Alright troops, listen up. This is your big chance, to prove we are stronger and smarter than that Erwin Rommel and those Italians. We will be helping the British today because they are under heavy fire from both the Italians and the Afrika Korps in Libya. We will be attacking from the east, while the British attack from the west to try and pincer the German/Italian forces into surrender. They have many sniper spots and the Germans have taken up the front with some of the scattered Italian forces in the middle. The Afrika Corps have very advanced weaponry, so we must be careful. You are here to protect allies, and you will do your jobs right! Now, suit up men and tank crew, man your tanks. This will be an easy battle, the Italians have already suffered heavy losses. Now let's get out there and kick some German arse!

*Mixed Cheering*

Now suit up, goodbye and goodluck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC : Tom Rey, American Lieutenant

Alright troops, you heard the man! Get to the gun racks and suit up! Every second you waste is another man lost, so hurry up!

*Everyone is ready, gathering around the lieutenant*

Now, everyone get into the jeeps waiting outside. Jack, Charlie and Greg, I want you on those turret implacements. I will be in the front jeep, so you guys better cover my ass. It's 30 minutes to libya, so be constantly on the lookout. Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there!

*The troops file out into their jeeps and armor. Eisenhower gives the command, and the massive amount of tanks and jeeps drive out over the horizon....*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC : General Bernard Montgomery

"TAKE COVER!!! Men, Get in that trench, one hit with those mortars and you're dead, GO NOW!"

*General Montgomery of the Commonwealth was fighting on the front lines, beside his men, trying to fall back from the German's mortars*

"FALL BACK, FALL BACK!! THE FIRE IS TOO HEAVY, WE MUST WAIT FOR THE ALLIES TO ARRIVE! FALL BACK TO MAIN CAMP!"

*The British forces, under heavy fire fell back to the main camp, hoping and praying that those damned Americans would arrive soon. They were taking very heavy losses, and were afraid to lose Libya*

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Here are maps to North Africa in 1942-43

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/AMH/AMH/maps/AMH-40.jpg
    http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/tunisia/p06-07(map).jpg
    http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/wwii/MedSvcsinMedtrnMnrThrtrs/images/map185.jpg.jpg
    http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/wwii/70-42/map1.JPG

GeneralFeldmarschall Erwin "Das Wüstenfuchs" Rommel

Tunis, Tunisia - Around December '42 - January '43

"Auchtung!" yelled the Leutnant atop of the Panzer IV behemoth and the men working and lounging around in the immediate area immediately stood to attention the moment they saw their famed leader join the young officer. Silence fell on the crowd of servicemen as they watched him and as he scrutinized them with a determined and defiant gaze.

"For two years we have learned the hardships of a desert war and adapted so quickly and fiercly that our friends beyond the Egyptian border had come to both fear us and respect us after each of our victories. But they have also amazed us with their tenacious fighting will at Tobruk and later at El Alamein, that they have driven us from Cyerencia and forced us to creatively invent new tactics and strategies to regain what they have taken from us. We forced them back to the Egyptian frontier and even came within sixty miles of Alexandria which frightened them so much that they were already abandoning Cairo before we were even anywhere near!"

Laughter erupted from the gathered army and Rommel could not help but grin.

"Although they finally put an end to our advance this time, I have to say that you all have fought well and proven to the world that no matter the odds, you will fight beyond expectation and force your enemies to pay a heavy price for their victories. They may have driven us back to Tunisia, but we will make this last stand a memorable one that the world will never forget! Even as I speak the American allies have established a front to our west, but they have been untried in the fields of war. We will show these Americans who they are up against and we will drive them out of Africa and send them home! And with the defeat of the Americans and the arrival of reinforcements, we will rattle our sabers at the British and show them that we are not defeated yet!"

He was interrupted by cheers from the German soldiers at the defiance in his voice and in his words. The Field Marshal raised his hand to silence them so that he may continue; "My Africaners, you make me proud to be your commander and through either victory or defeat I shall stand at your side fighting with you. Now let us show the Western Allies whom they have chosen to fight! Let us show them that Das Afrika Korps has one last symphony to play!" He received louder cheers this time from his men and this time he did not interrupt them.

The Desert Fox did not expect them to win against the Allies nor did he expect the promised panzer divisions to arrive in time to make a difference in the war. North Africa was lost and all he could do now was delay the enevitable and pray that he could convince Hitler to evacuate his army. Worse there was talk of relieving him of his command. That is all his Africaners really needed was a new commander who knew nothing of how they functioned or how badly the situation really was.

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel stepped down from the panzer and briefly posed for a photographer infront of the tank before walking back towards his headquarters. "It will be an act of God if what I said pulls through," he murmured to his aide-de-camp.

TAG: Germans, Allies

13. Master_Y-wing

Mar 1, 2003
    IC Manfred Sauer

Manfred knew full well what the situation was in Africa. He couldn't help knowing it, being the driver of the great feldmarschal himself. He sat outside the Rommel's living quarters, smoking a cigarette, close to the Rommel's personal vehicle after the speech.

Oberpanzergrenadier Sauer also had specialties with panzerfausts and other heavy weapons, which he kept in the trunk when on duty for Rommel. Worst comes to worst, he'd no doubt lay down his life for him, despite him not being so enthusiastic about military antics. Sauer hadn't been on leave in over a year, so he was counting on being evacuated...and lasting that long.

TAG: no one, i suppose.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Since Sith abandoned this game and since it had potential, Ive restarted it here

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24387187&brd=10755

16. Canadian-Sith

May 25, 2006
    lol @ internet failure.

I didn't abandon, I haven't posted anywhere else have I? That's because of the above.

17. Canadian-Sith

May 25, 2006
    If anyone is still interested in playing, please post.

18. Master_Y-wing

Mar 1, 2003
    So is it this thread for sure...?

19. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    im still in

20. Canadian-Sith

May 25, 2006
    Yeah, it's this thread.

We need more people though. If no one else from the original comes back, I will be accepting new character sheets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.