main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! That is a beautiful drawing of Jaina. Excellent work!!

AG88

2. fgdinterceptor

fgdinterceptor Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2006
    It's hard to start typing a response after looking at your art, but I'll try.

First off, I'm completely just blown away. As much as I love drawing portraits, it's hard at times to get the right mood of the piece I'm working on, or getting the 'feel' of what I'm wanting to do. Most times I just draw what I see. The way you capture the emotions of the characters are incredible. When I look at the drawings, it's not just looking at a good piece of art-I'm actually feeling what the character is feeling, which is why I think you're so talented-you really hone in on the expressions, making it your own-simply incredible. The contrast of light and dark makes each piece very dramatic!

The art of Tion Meddon-the detail and the colors really stand out, and it's hard to stop looking at him-you did the man justice!!

I love the detail you put in the art-maybe lighten up the pics just a little bit-that's my only criticism, if you can call it that. Overall, just keep drawing! I'd love to see more of your work!

3. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Wow! your stuff is great. I love the Emperor one.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] Great Work!

Looks amazing, I really must commend the nose since that's my weekness, it's really great with the shadding.

On the black&white I was interested that the dress has the opening at the shoulder or a loop piece that hangs lower on her arm. I think it looks good, I was wondering why its missing in the colored version though.:confused:

It's really great work=D=

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Very good. I love the one with color. =D=

6. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Wonderful. Simply Wonderful.

7. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    First the Hockey Game got me sidetracked (where my team lost - Boo!), then the site 'Times out' on me. Grrr!

FF
    Thanks Deb! and here I thought for sure that I screwed up the eyes. I think I was able to define her face a lot better than in any of my previous portraits because of the decent sized photo I had to work with. Also laid back a bit on the overall blending of the skin too, which I think made a difference, but I maybe should have tried to make it look more smooth.

I wasn't going for anything fancy as far as the coloured version is concerned - (since I know I'm incapable of it :p), so it's nice to hear that it's okay. The outfit (or dress as you've called it - I didn't really have anything set in mind) design was a spur of the moment thing. I was going to take the flight jacket route, but then realized that's what she always seems to wear in every pic. I know she's like a warrior, but she needs a soft side too. ;) Though there isn't much showing, I did try to give the outfit a different style so that maybe it could appear like it might fit the Star wars universe (the opening and weird material.) That was straight off the top of my head - no ref, so I wasn't sure if it was believable.

ThrawnRocks
    My goodness, thank you so much! I'm glad she's a hit with you! Like with all these EU portraits I make, I always worry that I may end up doing too much of a departure from what people generally have in mind for the character. This time I tried for a more cute, pretty look. :)

Chilla
    Thanks Chilla! I'm very pleased that you like her so much since your obviously a big fan when you have a site dedicated to her. I would be honored for you to display my drawing of Jaina on your site. [face_blush]

Kaal-Jhyy
    Thanks! I thought that I didn't get enough beauty in the first mediocre portrait I made of her, so I tried to get that across more in this one.

academygrad88
    Thank-you! :) After reading yours and the other comments so far, I'm beginning to feel a lot better about it.

fgdinterceptor
    [face_blush] Wow. Thank you very much for such a beautiful compliment, especially coming from such a great artist as yourself. @};- It's like a huge relief, really. Is it normal to always feel so insecure about one's work? :p

I do want to establish a mood of some kind, as that's what makes the portrait...complete. Brings life to a character. I can't say that I purposely set out for it in all cases though. It usually just kind of...falls into place - at least when working with a photo reference. I have a more difficult time incorporating one when it's more from my imagination. So I always have a magazine on hand. ;)

Tion Medon was actually quite fun, but I was wrong to make his face yellow. :oops: However I place the blame on Empire Magazine for the shoddy photo quality I used as a reference. :p I will try to lighten things up as you say though. I've already gone over a few of my wip's and took off some shading which will hopefully help. Sometimes I have such a big problem finding a good balance. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

BIEREN
    Thank you for looking through my little gallery! :) The Emperor happens to be one of my favourites too. I'm very pleased with it, which is rare of me to say as I usually end up disliking my past work.

Mitth_Fisto
    Aw, thanks so much! I went over the nose so many times, lol!

"On the black&white I was interested that the dress has the opening at the shoulder or a loop piece that hangs lower on her arm. I think it looks good, I was wondering why its missing in the colored version though. "

*scratches head*...and I myself am confused by your confusion. I didn't miss anything in the coloured version as far as I can tell...? :confused:

TheOnlyJediPrincess
    Thanks! I appreciate the comment on the coloured version. I didn't really do all that much (Photoshop painting isn't quite my area).

Dark_Guardian
    Thank you for the kind comment!

-----

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    :oops: Well I'm an idiots idiot still when it comes to computer, and I guess it shows[face_blush]

I guess when I brought up the color image I forgot or didn't notice the scroll bar at the side of the image.

Looks really great! And I'd like to invite you to see my attempts at art. I recently added my first and longest labor with a bad set robes, well you'll see what I mean.

Welcome back!@};- [face_coffee]

9. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I like the way you draw her skin! It just looks very smooth !

10. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Oh. My. Goodness. :eek: :eek: I came onto the art thread looking for a drawing of Tahiri Veila (since there aren't many out there) but wound up finding your thread instead, and I'm so happy I did. These are the most gorgeous SW drawings I have ever seen. The Jaina Solo pics--the colored one and the b&w one--were the first ones I clicked on, and I was just absolutely blown away. I think the one of Jaina is my favorite, but oh my goodness! Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron... =D==D= =D= And I adore the one of Mara and Lando--it was perfect. Mara looked just like I imagined she would. I wish I could describe exactly how gorgeous these are, but I can't find the words. As a writer, that may be one of the best compliments I can give.

11. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Mitth_Fisto
    Aw, don't worry about it. I'm rather inept when it comes to computers myself. Anyways, you can just blame me for making the picture so large. :p (I usually shrink them, but it looked better larger.)

Looks really great! And I'd like to invite you to see my attempts at art. I recently added my first and longest labor with a bad set robes, well you'll see what I mean.

Awesome! I didn't see a link to an art thread here (have you made one?) so just PM me. I'd love to have a looksee. :)

And thanks for the warm welcome back! It's nice to have something to post up for a change (the last time was around April - yikes!)

NLSkywalker
    Thanks a bunch! I'm relatively happy with the turnout myself ;)

Qwi_Xux
    Thanks you so much for the utterly beautiful compliment as well as for looking through all of my artwork. :) @};-

My new rendition of Jaina is a vast improvement from my previous portrait, which is what I wanted to accomplish, so I'm very happy to hear such wonderful comments on it. I also had lot's of positive feedback regarding Ben Skwalker, in which I think was the best emotional-wise of my little EU project. (FYI: In case you didn't see the post, I did say that I abandoned that particular drawing of Corran Horn but recently started work on a new one.) It may not be my best, but the Mara & Lando is my own personal favourite. I still can't believe how much work I put into it. :p

...and I still can't believe that I made a fanfic writer have difficulty expressing through words how much they like my artwork. [face_blush]

P.S. If you're looking for some Tahiri artwork, I know for a fact FalconFan has at least one gorgeous rendering stashed in that fantabulous long list of art in her thread. ;)

-----
    Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

- Suz ^_~

12. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Your Jaina is absolutely gorgeous with the color![face_love] Her chestnut, sun kissed hair says, "touch me". Her brandy colored eyes say, "I'm yours forever". Her rose petal lips say, "kiss me". I really like her cheeks and the shadowing is wonderful. I'd give her a 10!

Next, I have to comment on your Kyp. He is soooo handsome! [face_love] The hair is to die for. It makes me want to get my hands in it and mess it all up. The coloring is great too. His eyes are so mesmerizing. The lips are perfect, makes me just want to kiss them. I like the shadowing. I love the sweater he's wearing, masculine and sexy. I would love to see him with a splash of color like Jaina (I think I would drown in his dark emerald green eyes). That would make him definitely a 10. This is how I picture Kyp at 40ish.=P~ I would love to see your Jaina and Kyp together. [face_batting] It would sure make a wonderful Christmas present. ;)

Awesome art work!=D=

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, your Jaina came out really great! All those little details in the face and the hair are what really brings her to life. I particularly like what you've done with the colored version. It just pops. But of course, without a great under-drawing, the colored version wouldn't have turned out as well. Great job! =D=

14. Jerryperry

Jerryperry Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2006
    Wow..Worhipness...you are really talented!!! your work is really awesome!

15. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    Whoa... (the exasperated, speechless "whoa")

16. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    Lol! *hugs* Thanks for the great comments! I can't say I've ever had anyone describe a drawing I've done quite like you have. I'm so happy you've given her a 10! [face_blush] But some credit must go to the lovely model herself. :p

Ah Mr. Durron...I'm happy with the hair, but I feel that I could do a lot better with the overall shading (at least now I do). Far too dark for my liking. It never crossed my mind to colour him though. Probably because I think I didn't do too well with my previous attempt - Mirax *Shudders*. But even so, I'm really appreciative of your comments on him, and a little flattered that you find him so...endearing. ;) I'm really interested with the age you've pegged him at as I never had anything set in mind when I was drawing him and no one has commented on it either. It's neat to hear how people view him. I don't know if I'll ever do a Kyp & Jaina pairing but...never say never. ;)

HanSolo29
    @};- Thanks HS29! Detailing the face was sort of tricky because I worried that she'd end up looking like she had chubby cheeks. I decided to keep things relatively simple when colouring this time around, but even then, the skin took a lot more work than you think (and you probably can't even tell, lol). Ah, well. :pThanks for the visit! :)

Jerryperry
    Thank you so very much! [face_blush]

Vandalier
    Not the 'Joey Lawrence' Whoa? o_O j/k
    Sorry to have rendered you speechless! [face_blush] Thanks for the kind comment. :)

-----
    Again, thank you everyone for stopping by and commenting. It is so much appreciated, and I'm very flattered by all your wonderful feedback. I'm glad everyone is enjoying my portrait of Jaina. Makes me feel warm fuzzies inside! [:D]

- Suz ^_~

17. BS-007

BS-007 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    Hey Great picture Worship. You did a great JOB!!! I wish I could draw like that. Can't wait for Jacen.

18. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    WOW that's really beautiful!!! I think it looks great!
    now...
    do we get to see the costume she's wearing a little better? :D Us sewing types love seeing cool outfits with awesome fabric like that :D

I think her eyes are awesome, and I think the hair is definitely NOT too dark. Really beautiful!!!! The skin tones are great (on the B&W one too) and I like the flow of her hair. Very realistic!!! =D=

19. Darth-Sunrider

Darth-Sunrider Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2006
    omg :eek: Your artwork is incredible! Since you commented on my work i thought id check out your profile, i didnt expect to find an amazing artist at the same time! :) I love the pictures of Jaina, theyre exactly how I imagine her to look

20. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    your artwork is great!!!

Question...how do you get the skin to actually look like pores? That is one part of the human AW that I cannot seem to master.

21. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    BS-007
    Thank-you! [face_blush]

ah....Jacen. You may want to skip over this one. It's not up to par with Jaina, but it's as done as it's going to be. :p

Nidrail
    Thank-you greatly! [face_blush]

"...do we get to see the costume she's wearing a little better? Us sewing types love seeing cool outfits with awesome fabric like that"

Well, though I'm no fashion designer, I did honestly try to come up with something, but I just kept drawing a blank. I do for some reason keep coming up with a hoody type of arrangement for some reason, which would throw the idea that it's a dress right out the window...hmmm...or maybe not. Argh, I never really had a clear desgin in mind to begin with, and now it's kind of hard to piece one together. :p

Darth-Sunrider
    You're too kind *hugs* thanks a lot! (I didn't think anybody even looked at profiles). Happy to hear the love for Jaina. The most recent is perhaps one the of the best portraits I've done or so that's how I feel about it now anyways. Always nice to get more pleasent comments. :) thanks so much for dropping on by! & hope to see some more art from you too.

Alishu06
    Thank-you! :) I think the skin effect your talking about is in most part due to the paper. I usually stick with art sketchbooks, ones that are labelled for dry media use. I think that if you just start shading lightly and work your way up to the darks, that the texture of the paper comes out and gives that type of effect. But I'll write out how I go about working, perhaps that may help:

I don't do anything special other than start with very light shading (F pencil usually) then do some finger smudging/blending. I just repeat the process many times, each time I progressively lessen the amount as I add on darker tones (2b, 3b, 4b). I like to use a circular motion when blending the shading for the majority, but I do also blend in a specific direction if there's an area that calls for it (For example; the area under Jaina's eyes). Kleenex is alright for blending, but I like to use that for the very last (when I'm nearly done), because if your not careful, you can blend too much and it will look muted, losing all the nice tones. I like to use Kleenex for other area's like clothing or to blend the pure blacks for the most part. Hope that helps you somewhat. If not, than at least I got a good typing lesson out of this, lol.

I suffered [i]so much[/i] grief on this that I'm quite frankly [b][sick[/b] and [b]tired[/b] of even looking at it. [face_angry] I Had to scan this in more than 5 times because I kept making revisions and I [i]still[/i] think it's not right. But I can't take it anymore. I'm fed up and I want it to be [b][i]done[/i][/b], so here it is. [face_plain]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/JacenSolo-bw.jpg]Jacen Solo[/link] | [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/JacenSolo-cl.jpg]Jacen Solo[/link] (Colour) - [b][color=gray] Pencils/PS[/color][/b]

...and here's some stuff I did for the fun of it - an anime/manga style Amidala (very simple, nothing fancy), and a pen drawing of Amidala with watercolours that took little over an hour. Of course I used a reference for that one (I'm pretty sure everyone's familiar with that particular picture). It turned out alright for what it is, she just ended up looking a little bit grumpy. :p

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/sketch-amidala.jpg]Amidala[/link] - [b][color=gray] Pen/Watercolours [/color][/b]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/sketch-animeamidala.jpg]Anime Amidala[/link] - [b][color=gray] Pencils/Pen/Watercolours[/color][/b]

More than I usually post, but what the hey, it's my b-day. All the visits and comments are always appreciated! Thanks everyone! [face_hugs]

- Suz ^_~

22. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Just. WOW. Really pretty pictures! I love how photorealistic you are able to make them, all the detail and general prettiness.[face_blush]:)

23. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    =D=
    =P~

OMG!!! **stares speechlessly for a long, long time** Jacen is absolutely gorgeous!! =D==D=

I simply cannot get over how you have blended his father's and mother's facial characteristics together for this--it's amazing... **stares some more** How in the great galaxy did you do that...?! Just holy-canoli...I'm having to make up words, lol! The coloring is superb--excellent choice of colors for him, and the b/g tones seem to go so well with his current story arc (LOTF).

The expression on his face is also excellent: a sort of ambiguous intensity that's hard to put into words...enigmatic. This is so great (and I understand completely about getting sick and tired of something, lol! Wanna have a go at finishing my Clone Wars Obi Wan piece, and I'll finish something for you...? ;) ), and for me anyway, it was worth the wait! I STILL can't get over how much he looks like his folks! **shakes head in amazement**

The Amidala watercolor is to die for! Beautiful, bright colors, wonderful textures (how do you do that with watercolors?!?!), and a gorgeous likeness. I do know that photo, and you've done a masterful job of duplicating it! There's a wonderful easiness about how this looks: as though it went down very quickly and without too much effort (or maybe I'm reading that into the "one hour" time frame... **shakes head in amazement again**). Stunning!

Anime Amidala is just beautiful--the detailing in the costuming is gorgeous, as are the vibrant colors (and her face is so pretty!). I really like this one!

Brava, my Lady, on some outstanding additions to your gallery! **tries not to drool too much on the Jacen pic** I love all of these, and am sure I'll have to come back and edit this reply, as I seem to be having trouble coming up with anything really coherent! lol! Gorgeous work, Suz!

FF

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I love that amidala anime and the Jacen pic. They're so perfect!

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Oooohhh =P~ I really Like Jacen. I can totaly see that he is the son of Han.

I know how frusterating it can be when your drawing is not perfect in your eyes. But others may see it diffrently. I always have that problem when it comes to hands. anyways it really dose look awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.