main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Worth Fighting For- Anakin-AU - COMPLETE-07/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    :_| Poor Anakin! :( Help him, Obi! :_|

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Poor Ani! :_| YA! Ani H/C!!! With Obi as the "comfort" part of the story! Right? PLEEZPLEEZPLEEZPLEEZPLEEZ SAY YES! PWITTY PWEEZ?! Post more soon!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah. breathes a sigh of relief that Anakin isn't going to be portrayed as an evil monster....again.
    Well done on the emotional scenes. I liked very much how Obi-Wan is treating his new apprentice, Jivan, and yet he still has time to give support to his old Padawan. Poor Anakin - to lose a friend that way must be very painful.

Looking forward to more.

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Poor Anakin. You portrayed the emotions in the post perfectly oe. I liked how you showed Obi-Wan as master to his new padawan Jivan and his ex-apprentice Anakin. He comes across as a simply wonderful and compassionate master. :)

5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Two great post, can't wait to see what comes next. Keep up the great work more soon.

6. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Poor, poor Ani!! :( :_|

I only hope he can cope with this, although I think I smell trouble already! :eek: I like this Jivan too... he'll be my second hero... :p

_PSK_

7. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    AWWW we have angst in this one...

Mush and angst...what more can a girl ask for...

:)

I feel for ani and cant wait to read more..

And no you are not getting predictable....that is just how I would write it...:)

And if this is the way you are..then that means that great minds think alike....:)

PT

8. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Never thougth I would say poor Anakin,and mean it. And read a fic whit Anakin as a major role in. Really good work.

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Mush coming right up! ;)

froggy Lucky guy! [face_love]

HHP He'll do his best. :)

dp2002 Yes! ;)

dianethx Glad you are enjoying so far! :)

Sheila He is! :D

JDH3 Thanks! :)

PS Your senses serve you well! ;)

PT I'll agree with that! :D

Aquas I never thought that I would write one let alone enjoy doing so! :eek:

CHAPTER FOUR

Standing in his tiny kitchen, Obi-Wan listened to the distant beat of the shower as he waited for the chocolate to warm. He had always found the drink to be much too sweet,but Anakin and now Jivan, both craved the beverage with a passion.

His former apprentice in particular found comfort in the warmed confection when he was ill or upset.Obi-Wan had only recently disovered the hard way that his new apprentice had a low tolerance for sugar.After serving Jivan a large cup as a treat,he had spent the rest of the day chasing the hyper boy around the Temple.

His smile of remembrance vanished as he heard the water finally shut off,and the fresher door open.Pouring the liquid into a mug,he set it on the tray that also held a light snack.Balancing it all easily with Jedi reflexes, he moved into the living area only to find Anakin allready there.The young man was sitting in the huge egg shaped chair he had always loved.

Long muscled legs were pulled up to his chest, his arms wrapped around his bent knees.Wet disheveled strands of blond hair hung over his tanned face as he stared fixedly at the floor.Obi-Wan set the tray down on the table in front of him before settling on his knees beside the chair.

Reaching out, his fingers lightly skimmed over the various cuts and bruises that marred the handsome visage,releasing healing energy.

"You need to have Bant check you over," he commented softly.

A barely noticeable shake of his head was the only response Anakin gave,as a sudden chill shook his tall frame.Frowning in concern,Obi-Wan quickly reached behind the young man and grabbed the soft throw that hung over the back of the chair.Settling it around the broad shoulders,he pushed a lock of hair out of Anakin's face.

"Talk to me Anakin.You need to let it all out," he urged his former apprentice.

"Jedi do not cry!" Anakin whispered roughly.

Obi-Wan pulled back and frowned," Why do you say that?"

A mocking laugh quickly broke off as it threatened to turn into a sob.Drawing a deep shaky breath,Anakin finally looked him in the eye.

"Isn't this the point where you tell me how I shouldn't grieve because Tru is now one with the Force?" he demanded. "Shouldn't you remind me that the Jedi know no emotion,and as the Chosen One I should handle this better?"

As the harsh words settled between them,Obi-Wan swallowed through a tight throat.

"That is probably the proper thing for me to say,but I won't.I know that those words bring only more pain when it's someone you love who has died.As Qui-Gon lay dying in my arms,I would not have wanted to hear that," he said softly.

As their eyes held, Anakin felt his former master send him a strong wave of love and understanding through their bond.The carefully constructed shields he had built around his emotions since the incident began to flutter and weaken.

"I...it.. hurts! " he gasped.

As he watched the incredibly strong young man struggle not to break down,Obi-Wan did the one thing he had never had offered to him when he needed it the most.Lifting his out stretched arms,he smiled through his own tears.

"Come padawan mine," he coaxed the young man gently.

With a loud sob, Anakin slid off of the chair and burrowed his face into the front of Obi-Wan's tunic.His hands clutched the folds of fabric tightly as the shield gave way completely and they were both flooded with the pain and anguish he was feeling.

Obi-Wan wrapped his arms around Anakin and rested his cheek against the top of the damp blond head,as he slowly rocked the young man.

Time passed without notice as the sound of muffled

10. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    :_| That was so sad and sweet and moving. Hopefully Anakin will be all better now! Obi-Wan is such a good master. :)

11. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Wow. Poor Ani.

Nice to see Obi now though.

UP!

12. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Awwwww! That was so sweet and sad! Now I'm gonna read that everyday! That had to be my FAVORITE post! Oh, by the way, when I started writing "Master and Apprentice; Father and Son", I had no idea that Jivan belonged to you. He does, right? Well, I put him in my story! Is that ok? See, I needed a padawan for Luminara and that was the first name that popped into my head! I'm sorry! I put that he belongs to you in my disclaimer yesterday! But I think I put it in the wrong story. I'm so sorry!

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    it's ani mush day.....

so glad Obi did not push aside his pain as inappropriate.

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was quite lovely, sweet and sad. Good job on both the characters.

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Is that a tear in my eye? Over an Anakin post? What have you done to me oe? I will be kicked out of the Ani Bashers Club? How is it possible that you have re-created his character so completely that I actually teared up at this post? ?[face_plain]

I love this story oe and am so glad you decided to do the unthinkable, write an Anakin story! :D

16. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Serve me well on what... Ani or Jivan or both? :p ;)

You really write Anakin beautifully. I can see him there, doing that without even having to blink. *sends oe whatever she wants* :D

_PSK_

17. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    I have to agree with Sheila on this one. I suddenly feel so bad for Anakin...so unlike me. This is a excellent story and I love seeing Obi-Wan comforting Anakin. Poor guy :_|

18. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

Great mush, obi-ew!!!

The Anakin/Obi-Wan relationship you've written here is very well done, I like it a lot!!

Even though you were nervous about writing an all-Ani fic, I think it's great so far!

Keep it up, girl! :)

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    HHP He is a great guy,isn't he? [face_love]

darla101 Hi new reader! :) Thank you for replying!

dp2002 Glad I am pleasing a true Ani fan! :) Did you just use the name or my actual Xanitot ?

froggy Now,our Obi would never do that! ;)

dianethx [face_blush] Thanks!

Sheila I'm thrilled my Ani is finding fans! :) I have to admit I am really enjoying this so far! Maybe I needed a rest from Xan ? :eek:

PS Both! :p Anything? [face_devil]

DarthSmurf Cute name! ;) It's nice to meet you and I'm thrilled you like so far!

astro [face_blush] Thank you for the kind words!

Posty up Thursday! We'll check up on the bad guys! :D

20. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    *mumble* Anything that she can give... :p

_PSK_

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I never thought I would say poor Ani. Ok,I won't say it then. You did a fantastic job of conveying Obi-Wan's empathy of the situation.

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    PS Hum. I'll have to think about that! ;)

PK [face_blush] Thanks!

CHAPTER FIVE

Shinoda leaned back in his chair and rested his feet on top of the desk as he watched his second in command stride into the room.

Tocs was an Ishi Tib,a native of the planet Tibrin and had the traditonal bulbous eyes, green skin and beaklike mouth. The alien had an amazing memory and was brilliant at making plans, a trait common in his species.It made the natives of Tibrin highly sought after by a variety of occupations.Tocs had been with him from the very beginning and Shinoda trusted him more then anyone.

"So is everything in place?" he asked casually.

Plopping down in the chair across from his boss,Tocs shook his head negatively.

"There's been an unexpected hitch," he admitted.

Shinoda couldn't hide his surprise at the news.

"What kind of hitch?" he asked curiously.

"Apparently four of the six baby Jedi have come down with some form of flu.Until it's cleared up the Jedi are holding off on moving them," Tocs explained.

Shinoda swore loudly as his feet hit the floor and he shot to his feet.

"How long of a delay are we talking here?" he snapped.

"At least three weeks," was the reluctant reply.

"Great!" Shinoda hissed. "It's not bad enough that Jedi scared off some of my best clients, now this comes up! That's pushing us awful close to the meeting on Nar Shaddaa."

Tocs remained unruffled by his friend and boss's anger, another trait that had made him indispensable to the crime lord.

"No need to worry my friend.Your clients have a particular need that only you can supply,and they are well aware of that fact.Even if they are skittish at the present time,they will have no choice but to come back to you," he assured his friend.

His beaklike mouth twitched in what passed for a smile ," This slight delay may actually work in our favor."

Shinoda eyed him in confusion," How so?"

"Those clients that have been spooked will have a longer wait for the new product.By the time the shipment can be delivered, they will be so desperate they'll be willing to pay any price," Tocs explained.

The crime lord began to chuckle at the picture he painted.

"Brilliant,Tocs!Have I given you a raise recently?" Shinoda inquired.

Waving him off,the Ishi Tib's bulbous eyes rolled worriedly in his head.

"I have to admit that I'm more then a little uncomfortable with this shipment Shi," he admitted quietly.

The crime lord stared at him piercingly.

"Why is that my friend?" he asked.

"The Jedi suspected enough to send a knight out to investigate.That knight's ship just so happens to explode with him in it.We'd be stupid not to assume that the Jedi plan on having tight security on this next transport," he voiced his concerns.

A knowing grin curved Shinoda's lips as he sat back down.

"Not to worry my friend! I've thought of that possibility," he said mysteriously.

Tocs frowned at his pleased tone.

"And you came up with a solution I presume?" he inquired.

Dropping his feet back on top of the desk, Shinoda gave his second in command a roguish wink.

"But of course!Just remember what I have always told you.Every being can be bought for the right price,or when faced with the correct incentive," he reminded his partner.

Knowing it was futile to ask anymore questions,Tocs relaxed and began to go over the rest of their business dealings.

23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    [face_shocked] ***gasps loudly*** OMG! Are they gonna hurt Ani? I hope not! Wait, yes I do! If Ani's hurt, that means Obi will be there to help and comfort him! Right? BTW, I just used the name. I didn't use the actual Xanitot. I swear! You might find him in "M&A; F&S" or "Part 2 of M&A; F&S"!

24. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    You write some extremely chilling and very awesome bad guys, obi-ew!!

Well done!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I wonder just what kind of "solution" Shinoda has come up with....

Eagerly awatining more!!

25. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Planning on bribing Jedi? Tsk, tsk.

(BTW I updated too)

Vadey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.