main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Worth Fighting For- Anakin-AU - COMPLETE-07/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Anakin did a great job hiding his feelings with Lilith, I wonder how well he will do when introduced to Shinoda. [face_plain]

** trips over oe who is clinging quite tenaciously to her leg **

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    My apologies for being absent for so long. I have been reading however but with each new post came a problem.:) On my way to review a Sith trained plot bunny attacked and nearly killed me. I was forced to abandon reviews until I got the first few chapters of my new clone wars story started lol.

Ok I'm back this is very interesting, I just knew he would get bodyguard duty. Although I must admit being a huge Ani/Padme fan Lilith makes my skin crawl. Translation...She is very well written. Can't wait to see what comes next, great work.

3. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Now that's *Anakin* for you. *mouth hangs open* ;)

Although I fear her, really I do, and him at this point. Might not be the wisest decision anyone ever made, but oh do I love the interaction. [face_love]

_PSK_

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Things were heating up nicely. Diane's got the right idea. Time to let the broth simmer, then boil. I for one would like to read the whole recipie :D

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Something tells me these two will have alot of interactions in this fic! [face_devil]

froggy Now why do you assume my muse has evil plans for the Xanitot ? ;)

dianethx Nope! She's not faking! :p

Thalia Who else would it be? The gingerbread man lmao! [face_laugh]

HHP I think this meeting will be tough! :(

Shaindl Don't encourage me! :D

Sheila * cries as Sheila drags her across the floor * :_|

JDH3 Yeah! :) I was afraid I had run you off! I know all about those rabid plot bunnies! This one kept intruding on my other fic so badly I finally just decided to let it have it's way! Glad you are still with me!

PS You fear my sweet little Ani? :(

PK Naughty! :D

* tosses confetti and gives readers a big hug * My Anakin broke 100! Wahoo! I didn't think it was possible! You guys are the best! [face_love]

6. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooooooooooooooooooo............

Very nice work, obi-ew, the tension in the last post was thick enough to cut with a knife!!

:)

I wonder how things will play out from here, though.....

You've set up so many great opportunities for angst here, I can't wait!! :D

Great work! :)

7. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    You thought reching 100 was impossible? Oh ye of little faith. After all, you have changed Anakin in the mind of many people, what are couple measly posts? ;)

UP!

8. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    nice new icon

9. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Okay, I'm finally caught up:

1) Anakin & Lilith--It's getting hot in here :p

2) The Padawans & the Master--how cute!! (I know, such a girly response)

3) oe, nice icon! I think it was in Entertainment Weekly last year, just before AOTC opened, when Ewan McGregor was asked about Obi-Wan's drinking habits, and Ewan said, "He's a bit of a lad." :D

10. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    That gave me the shivers,

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astro Angst? I'd say it's a safe bet that angst will abound here! ;)

Thalia But this is Anakin Skywalker we are talking about! I'm used to reading and replying to fics in which he is a real ---! :D If I have changed people's minds about him then I am thrilled! :)

froggy I kinda like him! Think I'll keep him for awhile! [face_love]

JadeSolo Glad you are still with us and all caught up! :)

darla101 [face_devil] Then I done good! :D

Just to touch base with you all, I'm currently starting to write the epilogue for Standing on Broken Dreams ! :( Once done I will be able to concentrate fully on this one! Those of you who don't know my work, I usually post daily once I get going on a fic.We'll see how this one goes! ;) I hope to have a post Saturday or Sunday!

12. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Uppers... :D

_PSK_

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    PS :) I love being upped! Thank you!

CHAPTER TEN

Entering the transport, Obi-Wan stopped by the cockpit and greeted the familiar figure who was readying the ship for takeoff.

"How are you Ki?" he asked.

The young pilot spun around in his chair, his eyes widening in shock. "Ma..Master Kenobi! What a surprise!"

Obi-Wan studied the young man curiously, silently wondering why he seemed almost afraid. Smiling weakly, the pilot wiped a hand across his sweaty forehead.

"What are you doing aboard Sir?"

"There have been some problems recently on our transports, the Council decided to send me for added security this trip." Obi-Wan explained

Ki appeared to breath a sigh of relief, but for some reason it struck the Jedi Master as ringing false.

"Well I certainly feel better knowing you're on board!" The young man exclaimed.

Smiling faintly, Obi-Wan turned to go but hesitated a moment. "How is your wife and son, Ki?"

A look of pain flooded the young man's eyes but he was quick to conceal it."They're fine Sir.Thank you for asking."

Nodding, Obi-Wan made his way toward the hold, his thoughts pondering what had just transpired. Passing through the opening, he took a moment to survey his fellow shipmates.

Six initiates were being transported this trip to their future as members of Agri-Corps. Four boys and two girls of various species, they all had two things in comman.

They were thirteen standard years of age and no one had chosen them as apprentices.

As he studied their achingly young and crestfallen faces, he felt unexpected tears sting the backs of his eyes. He knew exactly what they were thinking and feeling as they sat in silence, struggling to maintain an outwardly calm demeanor.

They had for all intents and purposes been kicked out of the only home they had ever known. Torn away from friends that had become more like family. Sent off to face an unknown future, alone.

Several of them glanced up, their stricken eyes touching briefly on his lightsabre before sliding to study the figure who stood as if frozen, off to the side.Anger and fear shone in one boy's eyes as he noted Jivan's padawan braid and ligtsabre. Two emotions that had landed Obi-Wan himself in the exact same position.Letting his head fall forward, the boys thin shoulders shook, before he managed to gather himself.

Obi-Wan felt deep sympathy for the boy, but also for his apprentice. Jivan stared at the older children with sapphire eyes that gleamed with quilt. His master could sense the boys chaotic thoughts bleeding through his shielding.

Jivan was wondering why he had been chosen so young and they hadn't. He worried that if he had not come to the Temple, perhaps Obi-Wan would have chosen one of them instead.

Sending Jivan a loving wave of energy through their bond, Obi-Wan smiled gently at the children.

"We're about to take off, you'd better strap yourselves in," he instructed them.

As they hurriedly obeyed, he sent his apprentice a brief concerned look. Jivan needed to focus on this mission, rather then on what may have been.Moving to stand next to him, he rested a hand on the boy's shoulder and spoke low enough that only he could hear.

"You must not feel quilt for their fate Padawan. The Force has chosen a different destiny for them," he said soothingly.

Jivan tilted his head back in order to meet his gaze, a frown creasing his brow.

"But what if the Force is wrong Master? Like it was with you," he asked worriedly.

Drawing in a sharp breath at the innocently spoken words, Obi-Wan found himself at a loss as to how to respond. Although they had only been together a short time, he had discovered quickly that the boy had a keen intelligence and often left him floundering for answers.

{ We're ready for takeoff } Ki's voice announced over the speakers.

Squeezing Jivan's shoulder, Obi-Wan found himself falling back on some of Master Yoda's oft times frustrating advice.

"You must trust the will of the Force Padawan. Go strap yourself in," he ordered.

Clearly dissa

14. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    How ironic that Obi-Wan is sent to guard these poor kids on their way to the AgriCorps. You did a wonderful job portraying everyone's emotions oe. Jivan is obviously aware of how Obi-Wan was chosen as an apprentice and this should be a very interesting situation for the both of them.

15. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    aww that was quite sad!

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    <<<"But what if the Force is wrong Master? Like it was with you," he asked worriedly.>>>

I think Jivan just about summed up Obi-Wan's entire life with that one question.

17. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    What a mind ripping moment for Obi! These kids are headed into the same situation that he almost found himself in.

I don't remember, how old is Ji in this fic?

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    The Xanitot is nine in this fic. ;)

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    YAY! This story is soo cool....

20. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    i just really hate that facet of the GL universe. grrrr.

21. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Ugh... this always seemed sad, now it's even sadder.

Poor Ji, the amount of guilt at seeing them being taken away while he remains. :eek: And Obi too, having been there once before and understanding.

_PSK_

22. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    :_| That scene was so heart breaking. Must be so horrible for Jivan to have to deal with the 'Jedi rejects.' Such an awful practice of the Jedi. Poor Obi, too, must bring back bad memories. :( You wrote that scene so well, it really affected me!

And is it just me, or am I getting some serious bad vibes from the pilot dude? [face_shocked]

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    The pilot is evil!!!

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila I sense some angst on the horizon! ;)

darla101 :( * sniffs *

JadeSolo That is a sad but true thought! :_|

Thalia A light bulb moment! :p

JTJG Hey you found it! Thanks! :D

froggy Me too! :mad:

PS It is rather depressing so far isn't it? :(

HHP Pilot dude comes into play soon! :eek:

JTJG Evil? Well he has his own story. ;)

If I get my nap taken,I may update again today. :D

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER ELEVEN

Following the tiny blonde down the bustling hallways, Anakin?s sharp gaze studied everything he saw, filing it away for future reference. Stopping before a door, Lilith turned to face him, leaning back against it, her cold gaze once again traveled over him hungrily.

It took a great deal of effort not to shiver at the young woman?s perusal. Something about her made his skin crawl and sent off warning bells through the Force. Slipping smoothly back into his new persona, he gave her a leering smile as he rested his hands on the door on either side of her head. Leaning in, he stared down at her parted lips with a fierce look.

"Something wrong?" he growled low in his throat.

Drawing in a sharp breath, she smiled with forced coolness.

"I just wanted to give you a friendly warning. Shinoda doesn?t like to be told no," she told him.

"Well that makes two of us," he whispered , leaning in even closer.

Lilith eagerly lifted her head to meet his, but the instant before their lips met, he suddenly pulled back. He chuckled sensuously when she shot him a frustrated glare.

"We?ve plenty of time for that," he assured her.

Something dark stirred in her eyes briefly before she concealed it. Shrugging in apparent nonchalance, she turned and opened the door. Following behind her, Anakin quickly took note of the occupants of the room.

A green beak mouthed alien stood by the window, his hands clasped behind his back. Meeting the bulbous eyes, Anakin saw the guarded way the alien watched him. This one would not be easily fooled.

The other figure was a man perhaps in his thirties. Well under six foot, he was thin and had short shockingly white hair. His eyes were so dark they appeared to be black and held a wary coldness. Lilith waved a hand in his general direction, still miffed about their near kiss.

"Shinoda, this is your new bodyguard, Wynne," she introduced them briefly.

Anakin had to clench his hands and jaw tightly as he was forced to bow before the man."I look forward to serving you Sir."

Cold eyes bored into him for several tense minutes before the crime lord nodded. "You?re a big one! What do you say Tocs? Think he?ll put the scare in our Hutt friends?"

The alien shrugged. "Hard to tell."

Shinoda sighed at his friends non committal reply before pinning Lilith down with his black stare.

"Is he capable?" he snapped.

A smirk curled the edges of her mouth, her gaze roving hungrily over Anakin yet again.

"I certainly look forward to finding out!" she purred.

Shinoda lifted an eyebrow at her in surprise, before changing the subject.

"Our next shipment needs to be met tomorrow. I?m letting you handle this one," he informed her.

Anakin had to struggle not to reveal his interest in their conversation at the crime lords words. His blood ran cold at the look that flooded Lilith?s face.

"Truly Shi!" she exclaimed in delight.

Smiling faintly, her brother nodded. "You?ve earned it."

Her blue eyes shot Anakin a sideways glance.

"Can I take Wynne along?" she pleaded.

"No. He is going to come with me and prove how capable he is. I have a meeting with our friendly neighborhood Nikto," he explained.

A delicate shudder shook her tiny frame at his words.

"Ugh! Nice way to break him in!"

Exchanging a knowing smile with the alien, Shinoda chuckled.

"I?ll let you show him around and get him settled, since the two of you seem to have formed a.....connection. Meet me here after morning meal." he instructed Anakin.

Bowing, the young knight turned and followed Lilith out of the room, breathing a sigh of relief to be away from the crime lord. As the door shut behind them, Shinoda glanced over at his companion.

"What do you think? He looks tough enough," he commented.

Tocs was quiet for some time before replying.

"There?s something almost too perfect about him. I don?t trust him," he declared.

Rolling his eyes, the crime lord shook his head. "We?ll find out soon enough if he?s the real deal."

They both once again broke i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.