main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Worth Saving (Kyp, Zekk, Alema, Jaina)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zonoma, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    And Nurse Lola is not finished, no not yet!

It's nice to know you haven't forgotten about me. :D

2. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Add me to your PM list please?

S.

3. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Whew, sorr I'm late, but I just got back from a camping trip! And what a lovely post to come back to! Congrats on actually making me cheer for J/K, because you wrote both of the mbeautifully! This whole fic is really spectacular, and I'm absolutly loving it! :)

4. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    It seems to me that his five-year absence was, in fact, a search for omnipotence. I doubt he even realizes the danger he is skirting, but trust me when I say, ?Jacen is in trouble.? I mean, who else have we known who was vaguely omnipotent? Yeah, see what I mean?

Mmmmm omnipotence... *evil cackle* :oops:

After all, it?s not as if someone walks up to me every day and tells me to have casual sex with his sister.

Confused, but intrigued.

During Jaina?s time with the Taat, they actually rewired her brain. I think it has something to do with the membrosia, despite Cilghal?s pheromone theory. Breaking all contact with the other Joiners, Zekk especially, will have physical repercussions.

I'm sure you're expecting some Scroobian Tangent action but I have to be honest: biology ain't my thang. So I'm going to leave this one alone. I'm not sure if that is a relief or a disappointment, but...

Dangit! I can't help myself. Membrosia? That sounds like a fruit drink (Coming soon to a juice bar near you: Membrosia, the nectar of the Force. Only five credits per ounce). And I have no idea what pheromone's have to do with membrosia or brain-rewiring. I suppose it has something to do with the alleged 90% of the brain that we don't use (which is of course a myth).

I hate to repeat myself in a post this short, but as I said above I am "confused, but intrigued."

5. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Commander Mommy is my hero. [face_love]

Great job, Z! [face_dancing]

[face_clown]

6. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Great update, Z! I gathered that there was some sexual context to what Jacen was proposing to Kyp but I didn't quite get it...hopefully that'll be clearer later on.

I'm particularly fascinated by this relationship between Jaina and Kyp. I really loved the way you helped me get to know this character. You've written him very well and I think I've gotten to know him (at least I know him the way you see him anyway :p). Great job!! I can't wait to read more.

7. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I's back, and laughing, Kyp is such a nerd. *hides from Lola* Did I just say that our loud?
    Anyways, I prefere Zekk, but this post was great! :D *runs away from furious Lola*

"Hey! I used your name in a fic!" I call to her.

"You insulted my Kyppie!" She screams... I could go on and on. ;)

~Courtney~

8. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Lola,
    Perish the thought!

Lusa_Thul,
    :eek:YOU are enjoying the idea of K/J, too!??[face_plain] I can't believe this.

Darth_Scroobius,
    Confused? Yet intrigued? Works for me, I guess! I will try to answer all your questions at some point in this fiction... though to be fair I will explain Membrosia now (though I loved YOUR explaination better! LOL). Imagine honey made by giant borg bugs and you get the idea.

jedi_master326,
    Thank you, Dan.

Souderwan,
    Hopefully all questions will be answered in due time. It would appear that I have managed to confuse the heck out of more than one person.

Courtney_Solo
    :(I like Kyp. At least he is a lovable nerd. Poor guy. I have put him in a rough position, haven't I?[face_devil]

9. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    That was one of the best usages I've seen of the first person POV in a long time, excellent post, and a great choice for Kyp's part in this..

I agree... Jacen is just... well... creepy :/

Edit: I just re-read it, and some of the comments....

sex = CPR LOL! I loved it :D

Still, I can understand why Kyp would be the choice to help Jaina in this. If that Force Bond is the only thing that can help her, and it has to be someone untainted by the Taat... well, she couldn't ask for a better friend ;)

Poor Kyp, forced into the decision... and yet, it -is- a desicion ;) Loved it!

10. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :eek:

They're not all stud muffins?

Whad'ya mean they're not all stud muffins? *Is shocked*

oldj

11. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    ooh, this story is interesting. please add me to that PM list.

12. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pokes Jaina* WAKE UP!

Good post. :)

13. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    ojn,
    Nope, I'm afraid not. Do you need to sit down? Would some water help?

JadeMax,

I think you have a handle on what is going on, thanks for rereading and commenting. I was afraid I had made too large of a logic leap for anyone not as twisted as me so either that fear was unfounded or..... well, you are a little twisted! ;)

aurrasing,
    Consider it done and thanks for joining us!

DA,
    I am still working on the next post (Though I have the one after completed -backwards me!) and hope to complete it before Monday.

14. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    This thread needs to...rise!

I think it also needs an update, Z. You have kept us in the dark long enough about what the heck Kyp's gonna do...

15. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I concur with your padawan...

16. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
  17. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Wow, I'm caught up.

I liked Kyp's thoughts on Jacen. I am getting to know NJO Jacen (I'm on book four) and I have read both Dark Nest books, so I can definitely see why Kyp might be a little wary of Jacen--he's almost become ruthless and willing to do anything he thinks is necessary and then justify it later.

I snickered at the part where Jacen was uncomfortable at feeling what Zekk felt for Jaina through their Taat connection, lol.

It was cool to see the segment you brought over to the Parthenon; it does work better in context.

I too am curious to see what Kyp is going to do with Jaina. He's going to help her out I'm sure...

18. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Everybody: Okay, okay! Cool your drives for one nanosecond! (okay, a few more days:p) I am working on it now, though. Thank goodness!

Melissa!
    Hello again! It is wonderful to have you here. And I am relieved to know that reading it in context helped clear up the confusion! I still snicker when I read that part, btw.

19. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Great job, Z! I like your characterization of Jacen quite a bit. He really seems like the Jacen in TUQ and TJK. Not evil. but not necessarily good either?

KT

20. Mustafear

Mustafear Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    KT,
    I am so glad you joined our little Jacen Fright Fest this week! Yes, it bothers me that so many think he is evil now, too. I believe that he is just willing to pay more dearly for things than anyone else. That would scare many people, though, I guess.

21. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hi there!

Really intersting character developments you have here! Your Jace is creepy, and I really like your Kyp. I am very much looking forward to reading the next part!

So ... Could I be added to the PM list, too, please??

Ys, Fia

22. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Thanks for stopping by, Fia. Consider yourself added.

And, I am really sorry for the delay guys but after writing the next post, I realized that it sucked. So I am currently rewriting it.

23. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    :eek: It did not suck!

There were just some untapped opportunities. o_O

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Thus sayeth the beta.:rolleyes:

25. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Up!

And muchas gracias for adding me to your PM list.

Ys, Fia

P.S.: And somehow I am pretty sure it did not "suck". o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.