main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would anybody like to see a live action tv series based on the clone wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by black_saber, Feb 1, 2023.

1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I just thought it would be a cool idea, like on new jedi warriors, republic commandos, or other armies which some on the republic side and others on the separatist side.

Does anybody else like the idea for multiple live action movies or tv shows based on the clone wars?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    We've had seven great seasons (and the 2003 microseries) of the Clone Wars. What more is there to tell, really?
    I'd love to see some Clone Wars flashbacks in something like Ahsoka, or a season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi. But a whole new show dedicated to it?
    There are so many eras and stories to tell in the GFFA; I'd rather see something we haven't seen before.

3. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe we could see new Jedi warriors we have not seen before or where the separatists win some battles too, or maybe new minor villains too

Tay Neir likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd rather see those new Jedi in a new context. Since TCW was an anthology show, we've already explored so many angles of the war.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No. I'm just not a fan of the PT, its characters, or the era.

6. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    It doesn’t always have about the pt characters themselves but maybe new characters and the time era is very interesting.

I would like to see other Star systems the trade federation control and rule over too.

I think Dave filoni would be good for that job but obviously he did the animated clone wars. Jon favreau would be good too.

It also seems to be that the Prequel trilogy hate is now in the past.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the main factions in the Clone Wars, so not really.

Sarge likes this.
  8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I still think a clone wars live action project at some point might come but not anytime soon.

9. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    It would be great for the non-die hards that haven’t seen SW animation.

10. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I am pretty sure some who like the cartoon show from Dave Filoni like myself would give a live action clone wars project a chance,

How about republic commando live action tv series or some of the non canon clone wars novels like shatterpoint to be adapted into a movie?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  11. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    I'd be happy to see live action Clone Wars. Not so much a fan of adaptations of already written stories, but something new, I would definitely be there for. I still think there is alot of stories that could be told during this timeframe. Galaxy is a large place. It's also one of the few eras of Star Wars where the canon supports a real all out war. The Rebellion is most of the time depicted as a guerilla movement, the ST Resistance is even smaller. Post ROTJ is occupied by the Mandalorian universe and even then you only have 1 year of real New Republic vs Empire battle preceding it (I would still take a show here too, mind you). As far as actual campaigns with fleets taking and losing systems, Clone Wars is the big one. Now, whether the budget is there for the type of stories I would like to see, that might be another question.

black_saber and Riv_Shiel like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  13. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Another cool Idea for a clone wars live action tv series or video game would be separatist command and it would be each individual or group representing each separatist leader as commanders and would result for separatist victories until they clash with the republic commandoes.

14. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Separatist commandos is what I meant to post and it would be multiple alien units.

Besides I don’t just think the clone wars was mainly between battle droids vs clone troopers because believe there might of been multiple other armies on both sides of the conflict throughout the galaxy besides just mandalorians.

sorry my auto spell on my phone sucks on my last post.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  15. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I want a Clone Wars verison of Andor focused on the build up of the CIS and how Dooku and Sidus manipulated them

KamNale and black_saber like this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    As long as Obiwan, Anakin, and Ashoka don’t make an appearance. Outside of wanting to see the unfinished TCW story arcs, I don’t care for seeing more of those 3 during the war. They have gotten enough screen time already.

I would love show from a CIS perspective or a Republic Commando series.

Unfortunately non-Bad Batch Clone Commandos have gotten little screen time in the new canon, especially during the clone wars. We just had Gregor and a cameo of Delta Squad. I want to see more story’s of the commandos.

black_saber likes this.
  17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I mean if the dark times, the classic trilogy, the post Return of the jedi era or even the old republic era can have both live action and animated movie or tv show projects, why can’t the clone wars era also have both too?

Why not create a multiverse for the clone wars other than just a Dave filoni verse. Dave filoni clone wars show is awesome too but I feel sometimes the Star Wars galaxy regardless of the timeline era is becoming smaller.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I like this idea. TCW focused heavily in jedi. I would like to see more galaxy during that time without so many jedi. There are many interesting stories to tell from different point of view. Like separatist side. With characters like Tawni Ames and Bonteris show that CIS was not only Grievous and droids and many had legitimate cause against the corrupt Republic and jedi who served it.

19. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    I would definitely like to see more of the Separatist side during the TCW. It was great getting to see what pushed Dooku away from the Jedi Order in Tales of the Jedi, and there's no doubt that many ordinary citizens of CIS worlds shared that same skepticism towards the Republic. And honestly, it didn't seem like citizens of Republic worlds were that thrilled with the Senate and Jedi either, so would be interesting to see if those views overlap.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    There are exactly zero shows taking place in the Old Republic era, and zero shows taking place in the OT era - live action or animated.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The closest to being an OT show is Rebels.

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, but that's still Dark Times, same with Andor. And since the Dark Times were mentioned along with the Classic Trilogy era here, I think it's fair to make that distinction.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I already know that, I was just talking about possibilities and potentials.