main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Would the Young Jedi Niagara Fanforce like their own forum?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by MysterySith, Oct 17, 2001.

?

Would the Young Jedi Niagra Fanforce like their own forum?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2001.
  1. Yes, that would be great.

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, Posting here is good enough.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No, They do not deserve it ;)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    oops, bad spelling.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I voted No.

Why? Because as far as I can tell, we are the only FanForce chapter outside of Toronto, so this message forum works well for us.

Now if there were chapters elsewhere, like Ottawa, Hamilton, Kingston, Thunder Bay, etc., etc., etc., then a separate forum for YJN would make more sense. Our messages are not getting lost in here for the moment.

Addendum:
    Of course the question is would we like one? Well I'd hazard a guess that yes we'd all like to have one. I just think, for the moment, it isn't a necessity.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I voted YES!!!

Why?
    1. Our own City Banner for Niagara
    2. We would have the label title of FanForce Chapter beside our name (much like FanForce Chapter: "Toronto Long Line")
    3. It shows the seriousness of our club and the dedication we have toward growth in our community.
    4. AND MOST IMPORTANT There are other people on the boards from Ottawa and the surrounding area that sometimes get lost due to the strong presents of Niagara fans. I'd hate to see one club hindering the birth of another.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    See? I told you people would say yes! :)

Actually after posting my initial vote, I thought it about it some more. How is this for a solution?

YJN gets a message board.
    Ontario (outside of GTA) becomes Ontario General. With messages of interest to all Ontario fans.

As further chapters in Ontario become official, they get their own boards.

It could set a precedent for the other regions in Canada that get enough chapters.

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I didn't vote as I'm not really a YJN member - so figured it wasn't my place. But if I were to vote, I'd say 'Yes'.

At the time YJN first popped up, I cautioned against going for your own folder. These message boards have a certain inertia to them. Get enough momentum going and it becomes a runaway snowball. Without that momentum though, you're looking at a wasteland of non-discussion. The many folders with but a dozen or so posts in them is indication enough of that. As I said at the time, better for you guys to have messages from Ottawa or Kitchener or Hamilton than to have no messages at all.

But that was then.

Now.

Now you guys have the momentum. Momentum and then some. Discussion is moving along and I can't see it slowing down anytime soon. In fact, it's just going to rocket as we get closer to the movie. Time for you guys to have your own cozy little folder. You can serve as an example to all the others in this province. If a fangroup as strong and active as yours can spring up in St. Catharines - then it can just as well spring up in London, Hamilton, Ottawa and anywhere else in this province of ours.

Just takes a little commitment and dedication.

Anyways, having said all that, it's time for the obligitory Star Wars quote:
    "vote now! vote now! vote now!"

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Tragic.... What do you mean you?re not a member?
    You?re an honorary member. You, Tracy, and everyone else from the Toronto group, I consider friends and members. :)
    You?re welcome at any of our events and activities.

7. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    I voted yes for you guys, I figure It`d help you organizse that much more.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    After hearing the strong points from YJN and
    Tragic, I vote yes for you folks too. Can I do that ???

9. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    YES! You guys gave all the best reasons

10. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I still don't feel right voting in the poll proper, but I'll post a yes here.

YES. They should have a forum of their own.

11. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Yeah, they probably deserve it. Besides, there's still the occasional Ottawa get-together and whatnot. :)

12. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Wow, thanks a lot everyone from Toronto and everywhere else. I also would like us to get our own forum, for all the same reasons as everyone else.

13. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    the canadian RSA 2 cents, I guess they've owned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.