main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Would you be a Jedi or a Sith?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lord Revan., Feb 17, 2014.

?

Would you join the Jedi or the Sith?

1. I would join the Sith

37.5%
  2. I would join the Jedi

62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Jedi, though like a lot people more in the grey. I would explore the galaxy learning different languages, and making friends from Tuskens to Wookies. I would't follow any code but still keep the darkside in check. Plus, I would have a Black lightsaber.

2. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd be a Jedi of they aren't chained to the Republic Senate anymore, that way I could go bring peace and balance to the whole galaxy, not just the Republic. I'd rarely fight unless absolutely necessary to defend others, learn and teach from all species, and try to end things such as slavery. I'd go rouge though if the Jedi were in the same position as they were in prequel trilogy and such.

3. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2014
    In the same way a Jedi can be something else than the Jedi we see in the prequels a Sith can be something else, something more than what we have seen or read. Granted I haven't got the full knowledge of all the Sith material out there, not even close. But I have read and think I understand allot about them or their potential.

The Sith have their own rules and training that is specific to their order but to its core they have a philosophy that is very human. Peace is a Lie, there is only passion is the core of Sith philosophy. The same can be said by Hagel, that passion drives humans to move the world. Passion above duty, meaning we should do what we feel passionately for instead of what is demanded of us by someone or something. When we are young we need passion to drive us, and in almost every account of greatness there is a form of passion behind how and why the greats of our time accomplished what they did.Passion moves history forward.

Most would say the dark side is fueled by anger, but anger is a point of view. In homes Illiad anger is not something negative. Rage doesnt have to be explosive and it doesnt have to be irrational, its a cosmic force and not just emotional. To quote Aristotle,anger is a response to somekind of injustice. Anger is not always wrong, its sometimes the correct response if its directed at the right person/thing/event in the right degree. Sometimes angers is obligatory, anger is an active engagement with the world and it brings us allot of information about this world. Anger can move the world in both negative and positive ways. Some positives are people movements such as the womans-movement. Its a force that changes ourself and the world.

Biggest issue I have with the Jedi that I dont have with the sith is that they are not free. They try to find peace when they really crave something. They feel love, hate and they do get sad. But they are trained to not feel those things. According to Buddah, if we actively seek out not to want or crave anything we are actually craving something. Its like a paradox, and in the same way I feel the Jedi are doing the same. How are you suppose to connect to the universe, to the people you are the sworn protectors of if you cant connect to them on an emotional level? I dont believe anyone would say they like doctors who act like inhuman robots are more likeable for a patient than the ones who show emotions and care, regardless of what is best for the doctor.

Jean Jacques Rousseau
    Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains. Those who think themselves the masters of others are indeed greater slaves than they.

This quote is a slight against both Jedi and Sith. Jedi are truly in chains by their own rules but the Sith are slaves in their pursuit of more and more power.

Cant write more, would like to, wont re-read it either so its probably full of rambling.

Cushing's Admirer and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I think my title username says it all, the sith keep coming back no matter how many times the jedi defeat them.

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    A Jedi obviously

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A jedi because they don't go around murdering people most of the time.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Really? That's news to me.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Cushy I know what you mean I would not want to be Jedi or Sith, but if I had to choose I would choose the lesser of two evils.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Why is admitting passion and emotions exist evil? How is denying everything Human balanced?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's not at all, what is there senseless killing.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I think the difference is that Jedi don't take any pleasure in killing unlike the Sith.

DarthSyverus likes this.
  12. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    They are species on a collision course of hatred & lust for power

13. Hullabaloo

Dec 10, 2014
    Even in Sith senseless killing is considered madness. Why would a Sith kill somebody if they don't deem it necessary for somekind of goal?
    Give me examples of Sith who indulges in quantitative pleasures like gold, sex and murder. Murder is completely a point of view, killing somebody who is incompetent at their work might seem bad as in Empire Strikes Back but concidering their bombardment of Hoth was disrupted because the Admiral or what he was didnt follow order more or less, who knows, to the destruction of the Empire. Luke might have died there on Hoth on echo base and the rebel alliance might have taken an even greater blow.

The pursuit of power is the same for the Sith and the Jedi. In the novel "Revenge of the Sith", Stover delves very deep into this issue. Whats the difference between seeking out power/knowlege to protect others any difference from seeking out power/knowlege in order to bring order and security to an obviously corrupted and chaotic republic?

In the EU i remember reading that even in Sith mindless killing was very frowned upon. In the movies we never see mindless killing, every death or "murder" has a purpose even if we might think its harsh. It might not at all be harsh if we go back 2000 years to the roman empire or even longer to the spartan oligarchy.

If you have examples of where there are mindless killings that would be great to check up on.

Yes I would also rather live in a world protected by the jedis than the sith.

14. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Sith, I would crave power more than anything else.

I wouldn't kill a Jedi, nor any Sith. Unless they wish to oppose me. I wouldn't go out killing people unreasonably, nor would I go out hunting for Sith as a Jedi to "bring balance to the force.", it's nonsense. Each side believes that their form of peace is wrong, but they're wrong to themselves since they both wish for peace in the galaxy.

Isn't it obvious that binging balance to the force requires BOTH sides of the force to exist?

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  15. Hullabaloo

Dec 10, 2014
    Its pretty well stated in the novels at least that Yoda and the council are well aware that the prophecy might be misread or misunderstood. Its even stated that they themselves understand that everything they think they know or believe to understand about the force might be completely mistaken. What does the will of the force mean? Does it have a will and has its will anything to do with us as sentient beings. The bottom line is, only because they can command the force or feel that they can give themselves completely to the force does not grant them higher understanding of the will of the force or what it truly is. Balance to the force was something they themselves came up with and it can be as wrong as the Spanish Inquisition in hindsight.

And like you say, they both seek some kind of the same goal but their method and what is the definition of the goal is separate.

Commander Krix and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    I've always prefered the Sith as character but I think I would be a Jedi.

Lando Griffin likes this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I couldn't be a Sith cause I'd want a blue lightsaber. But yeah, I'd be a Jedi but I'd like to dress more like the Sith do.

Lando Griffin likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Some Jedi, like Luke, wear black, some Sith, like Exar Kun, use blue lightsabers.

19. Lando Griffin

Lando Griffin Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2014
    sith are my favorite but i would be a jedi

Pax Sithus likes this.
  20. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014

Typical narrow minded view point of the ignorant Jedi...life is not black and white...it is grey...evil, bad, good....ha! Those who are good are those who do my bidding...the Jedi are suckers...plus I enjoy sex too much to be a Jedi...have fun being boring Jedi....(don't take me seriously...it's all in good fun)

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If I was in any era beyond Dawn of the Jedi, a Jedi. But if I was hanging around Daegen Lok, well,[face_devil] proto-Sith y'all. Lock me away on Bogan and throw away the keys to the binder clips

22. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    I would join the Sith

23. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    Jedi all the way! The sith kill each other and there is not as much of them!

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Jedi because as far as we have seen sith have only done evil acts although i would still get married.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Totally the Jedi! They seem very content with their lot in life (before hell broke loose). Good education, medical care, physical training, accommodation and food provided for, updated facilities, counseling services, respected and meaningful profession etc etc...

Plus you'll be surrounded by all these eccentric figures who will make life interesting.

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.