main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Would you be fine with George Lucas "regaining" Star Wars and the rights to the franchise again?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by InterestingLurker, Dec 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you want George Lucas to get back the franchise?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I wasn't sure where to post this, so if the mods want to move this thread or close it down, that's fine by me.

As for me, I kinda miss George Lucas and wish that he would regain the rights to the franchise. But I understand that he had his weaknesses. That said, I think that Lucas would've been for the best. And I think that if he got back the franchise, even at his age, it would ultimately be a good thing.

Discuss with your overall thoughts and feelings.

2. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    It's essentially impossible though.

jeangreyforever and StarYogi like this.
  3. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    It's too late. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  4. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    It would be beautiful and amazing but I don't think it will ever happen.

If only more people had gone to see Episode I 3D.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. TripleZero

TripleZero Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2017
    You can't undo Disney's Star Wars, but it would be interesting to think what it would be like. I'm not sure how business savvy his kids in particular are, but I could see them showing reverence after George is gone and preserving his legacy. The thought of Lucas' Sequel Trilogy being put out as a novelization, comic, screenplay etc would be an interesting way to see what could have been.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I ain't sure how that could ever happen ever. Disney own Star Wars now. they bought it for a reason. They ain't selling it back.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    jeangreyforever likes this.
  7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    It's too late. Really the only thing related to George that I would love to see is his outlines for the Sequel Trilogy. He's retired, and that's where we leave him.

8. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    The more appropriate question here would be if George Lucas ever wanted to buy back Star Wars and I think we all know the answer to that considering what prompted him to sell it off in the first place.

9. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Kind of a moot point considering he'd never would.

10. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    The guy is in his seventies. Let him enjoy is retirement. Although I wouldn't mind him writing a script or something.

11. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I just want George Lucas put in charge of planet creation and world establishing. TFA and TROS planets are all very indistinguishable.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Think of this as more of a "what-if" thread.

Darkslayer and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  13. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    YES. Disney's Lucasfilm is a travesty. But I know it will never happen. At least not in my lifetime.

14. Eike Starseeker

Eike Starseeker Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2019
    It would be great, but will never happen.
    Only thing I hope for is that, Disney get better writers for Star Wars.
    Rogue One and Solo were great movies, thats why Im still baffled that the ST is so bad.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Ideally yes, but the man was put through too much grief already.

Give someone with loyalty to his vision complete creative control (not Kathleen Kennedy). Maybe one of his children who will be around for decades.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    wobbits and Darkslayer like this.
  16. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Absolutely. I’d love to see what he had planned for the sequel trilogy. Still looking forward to the future shows though.

17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Like many, I just want to see his story outlines and treatments for the true sequel trilogy. I hope they release the details at some point.

It is too late for George and it is really too late for Star Wars. But I think Kathy Kennedy should be fired at this point.

wobbits, Darkslayer and G-FETT like this.
  18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Would absolutely love it for George to reclaim ownership (I said on here in October 2012 that he shouldn't have sold it and he'd eventually regret doing it) and make the REAL Sequel Trilogy to his six part Opus.

But it's not going to happen...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  19. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    I think Lucas deserves his retirement. He didn't want to keep doing Star Wars forever (and always said that SW was basically an "accident" and that he wanted to do other "smaller" films). He told his story, and was happy to let it be that way. The fact that he allowed others to make more films (as he wanted in 1977) doesn't change that he didn't want to do more SW films.

And I've said it many times, but it's literally impossible to make a ST that feels organic to the I-VI story. No matter who does it. The way I see it, we are not missing anything because Lucas didn't do the ST.

Eternal_Jedi likes this.
  20. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm not going to do the poll.id like him to do one more thing. But tbh I wouldnttwant him .to go through unwarranted hell again

21. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    This is why I feel that it was a mistake for Disney to regard the ST as a part of the Skywalker family saga. Disney should have presented this new trilogy as a different story and with different characters. Sure, adding the occasional character from the two trilogies in minor roles would have been fine . . . just as they did in "Rogue One". But having the Sequel Trilogy to be a part of the Skywalker family story . . . I think that as a big mistake.

wobbits and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  22. Emperor McClane

Emperor McClane Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2019
    I enjoyed so far what disney has done. However Lucas is the original creator, of course I would be fine if he would get the rights back. When he still had the rights I was against the hate towards him and the Lucas vs the fans stuff. It went way oberboard.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. innocence and experience

innocence and experience Jedi Knight

Dec 23, 2016
    Absolutely, if that is what he wants to do.

I like what Disney is doing too but Lucas is the creator at the end of the day and the one who fought for SW to exist in the first place.

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    If he only could live long enough to see the copyrights expire..... [face_thinking]

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    No, not after his "Maclunky" thing. Memory is a funny thing, as GL was the devil incarnate to some of the OT folks when he made the Prequels. I do think that if GL had a good team like in the OT - and if he listened to them, then maybe otherwise, No.