main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I know that we will never get a theatrical sequel to Solo since it bombed, but I really liked that movie a lot. It had some decent ideas that were introduced and I would love to see where the story goes next. I mean, they teased us with a Darth Maul return and Han working with Jabba and all that. IMO, it's a perfect story for a TV show. Hell, maybe it never should've been a movie in the first place and should've been a TV show from the start.

2. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    I’d take a show about Enfys Nest’s crew taking on the Shadow Collective with Han as a recurring, but perhaps not main, character

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hmmm, nah... I never liked the idea of a Han film and the actor just didn't get the job done for me. Great actor but a bridge too far with height, speech, mannerisims etc. I always liked Anthony Ingruber for the part because he already looked like a young Han - That's half the battle. They should have invested some time in getting the man some serious help in the acting department (not my opinion, just what others have said)

SW has proven that you don't need stars front and centre so long as the newcomers can act. Regarding Maul, I think this was a missed opportunity to re-introduce him. I think that should have been done via an Obi Wan movie or series. Maul in a Han film...?? Then again, hindsight is always 20/20

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ingruber is not an actor. Acting is more than doing a mildly passable impression of another actor's performance. Without having Ford's portrayal to study he completely failed. He would have been an awful choice. I'm glad they went with an actual actor and a very talented one at that. Ehrenreich knocked it out of the park. I'm really hoping he gets to play Han again.

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Actually, that is exactly what he is. Whether or not you think he is any good is up for debate...

Like I said, get him some serious help in that department. Did you see Ingruber in The Age of Adaline...? He did a really good younger version of HF. If HC can get a leading part in a SW film Ingruber could. I'm not saying that being able to pass as a younger/older *insert whichever SW character that has been re-cast* is everything...it just helps. In this case AE didn't do it for me and clearly the film itself didn't do much for many either [face_dunno]

We know the result of the AE Han film...
    We will never know the result of a AI Han film...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I just want the Pykes.

7. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I would love a short TV series set after Solo. They set so many things up, it would be nice to see them concluded. They could, of course, finish some of the arcs in the Cassian series, but I’d prefer a dedicated series to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah people that I know that actually gave SOLO a chance and watched the movie, said they liked and enjoyed it. I think the major issues were Disney/Lucasfilm's problems in production and marketing first and foremost and not the lead who did a good job.

Voltron64 and DarthRamRod like this.
  9. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, heh, the Ingruber fancasting stuff needs to die. Ehrenreich is a thousand times better than what we'd have got with Ingruber, you'd only go with that guy if the plan was a few-second cameo with a line or two alone, that's where an impressionist like Ingruber would shine. But he's sure not much of an actor. Alden rocked it anyway, you don't have to hire someone identical in appearance/voice to the original guy. McGregor sure isn't a Guinness clone, it still works.

Loved Solo, personally, watched it again about a week ago. I'd put money on seeing young Solo again, not sure it'd be a full-on Han-centric TV series though. Or if that happens it's probably way down the line. But some sort of Crimson Dawn V.S. Jabba broader gangster-war thing, featuring Han as a player, one of many "leads", ensemble dealio? Suspect something more along those lines might be more likely.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    cwustudent and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    We'll never know [face_thinking] But we do know this - Solo was the nail in the coffin for many SW projects moving forward. Now I know you can't put that down to any single thing but a Han series seems doomed from the get go.

V-2 likes this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You know, I'd rather a movie.
    Do the When Han Met Jabba movie they've setup and I'll be happy. That's enough.

12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I’m pretty sure it’s happening, as rumors have pointed to a Qi’ra series and a young Lando series. And KK confirming on Thursday they have multiple shows in development all but screams they’re gonna continue this story on Disney+. I definitely want Alden back, I wanna see Qi’ra and Maul, and more Enfys! If any show delivers any of those, I’ll be happy!

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    They've setup two tough guy shows now, and maybe Han and Obi Wan series would be more of the same.

So, yeah, a Qi'ra series maybe, or a more ensemble cast like Resistance.
    Just generally not a Lone Guy Against the Galaxy.

Voltron64 and DarthRosie like this.
  14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Would I be up for a Han Solo TV show not starring Harrison Ford? Obviously not. What would be the point?

If you want all the b-stories and subplots addressing, I'm sure that stuff will tie in to a mediocre computer game, comic book or novel before long.

Avnar likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Solo's failure is hardly Ehrenreich's fault. He was pretty well received in the role. And yes I have seen Ingruber in The Age of Adaline. It's why I can safely say he ain't an actor. :p

wobbits, EHT, Gamma626 and 1 other person like this.
  16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just want to see Qi'ra and Maul's storyline get wrapped up and I have a small hope since a Qi'ra show has been rumored even tho it's only at the pitch phase

ChrisLyne, DarthRosie and CrAsHcHaOs like this.
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yes!

In fact I would prefer a Han Solo TV show to a sequel to Solo.

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Fair enough... He won me over just looking the part and I figured with the acting they could squeeze a solid performance out of him. Now as far as AE goes, the part where he is yelling "Qu'ra! I'll come back for you" (as one example) is sooo off base to the voice and actions of the Han I grew up with that I can't reconcile the two. Now I will acknowledge that people change and the Han we got in the OT is...oh you get the point :cool:

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    yes a tv show would be nice way to continue young Han's story as well as the other characters and the loose threads. In fact with Disney+, I think the only movies going forward should be the galactic wars and history influencing sagas based ones basically ones where the force plays a role or galaxy influencing like Rogue One.

all these characters like Han, Kenobi, Jabba, Fett, Maul etc, more character based ones would be better off as tv shows or miniseries than movies.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course. Why not?

Sorry, Av, but I can't agree on this one. Ingruber was wooden as all heck in Age of Adaline (and all he had to pull off was a few scenes, not carry the entire film on his shoulders). Ehrenreich is an excellent actor, and you can't just train someone overnight to be good. If Ingruber was an amazing actor, he'd be landing roles left and right.

You just gotta suspend disbelief. Ehrenreich is another version of the Han Solo character. Just like lots of actors play Hamlet, etc, more than one actor can play Han. He being so iconic increases my tolerance for a recast, actually. He's a legendary figure. He should be honored by multiple interpretations.

wobbits and QsAssistant like this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm placing a bounty on you for your insolence [face_not_talking] Let's say 12 credits for whoever brings @Bor Mullet to justice.

Probably won't pay for the fuel to get to...um...er...wherever he is from, but you will be taking out a prominent Rogue One groupie! :D

Bor Mullet and V-2 like this.
  22. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Frankly I was kinda surprised by just how close Alden nailed the Harrison stuff anyway. It doesn't entirely hit home with every single line, but like three-quarters of the time he opens his mouth I'm just like "yep, that's Han - a 20 year old fresh-faced more naive Han, but that's frickin' Han".

I'd take the minor surface level looks/voice discrepancy anyday, given how much he makes it his own while still effectively echoing Harrison to the extent you have to. Glover isn't Williams either, but he's Lando. Ewan & Guinness, same thing. I'm sure there are probably impressionists out there who do a "better William or Guinness" voice than the guys who actually landed the role, sure, it's just kind of immaterial when you take into account the big picture.

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Alright fine you dorks, I'm wrong and will give it another watch [face_laugh] Maybe I wrote it off too soon. It does have my boy Tam Posla in it after all!

On a serious note though...why not a Han series for the fans that loved it? I would watch just to see Darth Maul again Muhahaha

DarthRosie and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    SPOiLERS: [face_skull]
    Ye have been warned...

I enjoyed Solo. To know Han served in the imperial army prior to becoming a smuggler makes his demise at the hands of a leader of the neo empire, First Order, all the more tragic. In essence, Han escaped the horrible battle in Solo only to die at the hands of a neo-imperial.

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd rather they go with Dash Rendar and have Han as an occasional cameo allowing what his name the opportunity to improve in a way that doesn't grate on those of us that felt the Han Solo movie just wasn't good enough.

I wish they'd have had Han rescue some of those Wookies on Kessel, then have them responsible for fixing the Falcon explaining how Lando could leave when he did.

It would also help to show them talking to some of Nest's group so we have a legitimate reason why she risked asking for Han's help instead of it coming out of nowhere like it did.

I feel they fired the wrong director and can't help wondering what Ron Howard could have done if he had been assigned to correct the mess Rian made of his sequel movie instead.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019