main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    yeah, its a 190:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Lord-Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    There was no Empire 20 years before ANH.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm glad some fans enjoy Alden so much as Han, and I still believe the actor will have a good career, but mark my words, he will never play Han Solo again.

Read through the critical responses to his performance, and you'll see that the industry reaction to him was not fantastic. So whether a few fans were amazed will have little effect on his future playing the character.

Here's my prediction: Lando takes over the scoundrel role for a decade while they search for the next Han and people begin to forget the mistart that was Solo. A very very poor story.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The condescension is strong with this one.

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I threw this in the Anthology forum, and eh, may as well here too...

BigAl6ft6, TadoFett and MrDarth0 like this.
  6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Sounds like Lucasfilm/Disney gave up on Solo sequels/TV show.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    either it's at pause or he aint in the know.

TadoFett, black_saber and GregMcP like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Based on Jon Kasdan's tweet alone, I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing this kind of show for a long time, if at all.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    So that would mean, no crimson dawn or Qi ra and Darth maul spin off shows?

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh well. I’m still extremely happy with the one film we have. It sets Han and Chewie up nicely for ANH so while it would have been great to get sequel of some kind it isn’t totally necessary.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think Jon's point is that those characters could very well turn up in other shows, which makes it tough for him to pitch anything because it would have to weave in with all the other D+ shows that we do and don't know about.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    black_saber and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah go figures. Maybe there will be a Han Solo spin off show that continues but that will be later than sooner.

Jon did say that Han Solo sequels is not at the moment. Others sources say it will never happen which I beg to differ.

Never say Never.

13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    My guess is, D+ isn't picking it up, a sequel isn't ever going to happen, so, yeah. Most likely these characters and threads will just move forward a bit at a time in random novels, just like how every once in a while it's like, hey, a Padme book, or some Leia backstory. The benefit there is that the books wouldn't even be associated with Solo as a film; you just slap Maul or a more Harrison-looking Han on the cover and it's more of a story related to the Saga in general and featuring characters who are still plenty popular... and those threads get to continue as we would have liked them to.

14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It could just be that Jon Kasdan is not involved in the project and much like how Ashley Eckstein wasn't made aware of Rosario Dawson being cast as Ahsoka, he might just not be in the know about any potential continuations. We've seen rumors from 3 different places including Jordan Maison who is very reliable.

edit:

''Without knowing what stories they're telling (and I don't)''
    So he doesn't really know anything

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    TadoFett and black_saber like this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Boooooo! Shoot the messenger! Boooooooo!

DarthRosie and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So like i said he ain't in the know.

17. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Agreed. I doubt we'll ever get a sequel. It could have been fun, especially if the rumored Boba Fett movie was the quasi sequel to Solo. If we ever did get a TV show, I'd like to see it be an anthology to the saga. You can feature Han and Chewie in an episode or two, but focus on the different characters that worked for Jabba at the same time Han did.

18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I think we will more likely get a solo spin off than a sequel itself.

Right now we are in the don’t know yet position. Just because they say no to this or that, it usually says no means yes and yes means more likely.

Lucas said no more Star Wars movies after Return of the Jedi and tv shows taking place afterwords, 10 years later look at what we got now.

Never does not always mean never when it comes to big franchises and Hollywood.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    If they do decide to create a Solo series, I hope they go a bit edgier and minimize the Kasdans' involvement. One of the problems with the movie is it was just too boring for a Han Solo story.

The characterization was so bland. Han is a longtime criminal and street urchin when we meet him, and yet he comes off way too squeaky clean and square. It should be as edgy, or edgier, than The Mando. I've heard people defend the characterization before, and I just find the reasoning illogical. Han's arc should be dark to light, not light to dark and then dark to light. I mean, you can do that, but it doesn't make sense and even worse, it's boring.

I think the much better approach is to show a bloodthirsty, angry, nihilistic Han. Yes, he should be more like we see him at beginning of ANH, but even worse.

The film basically treated Han like the straight man to Lando, and even Qi'ra was too square considering what she'd been through. I guess I'd give Alden another shot as long as the writing was darker, more noirish with a strong bit of nihilistic humor.

Another problem of boredom with the film was lack of interesting spectacle and plot. There wasn't a single visual moment in the film that is memorable compared to the rest of SW; even The Clone Wars, a cartoon is more imaginative and lush. And the plot and story suffer from the same lack of inspiration.

So basically, fix the writing and we might have something.

20. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Would be nice to have Han Solo series, it could include cameos from characters like Hondo Ohnaka and Saw Gerrera and most obviously Boba Fett.

black_saber likes this.
  23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I want a Saw Gerrera show badly and a Jyn Erso show. More importantly I want Star Wars Underworld tv show and 1313 video game to be revived.

Anyways a Lando tv show could do as well.

Those are the shows I would love but who knows if some of the legends stories can come back to canon if there is a new leadership after Kathleen Kennedy’s contract is up.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Demon4x4 likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd be more interested rumors on in anything for Disney plus Solo after the Obi-Wan show and Cassian show are out. So yah maybe 3 years from now they could have room for it.