main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I'd be a little less interested in seeing Maul back if it wasn't Ray Park. the thought is more enticing by the idea of the returning actor than a recast.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s for the best. Lucasfilm doesn’t need that mess around one of its series.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I kind of hope they leave live-action Maul behind. I was really excited to see more of him after Solo, but now with everything that happened the other day... not so much. I wouldn't like a recast, but I also wouldn't really want to see Park back either.

Keep him in animation, so that Witwer is the only actor they'll need.

Shamear and Sarge like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Or get someone who actually looks like that to play him. Casting directors would benefit from spending more time piddling around Sideshows and body transformation parlors.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't want them to leave Maul live action because of some scum bag who used to potray him for a few minutes. It easy to recast him, they are now even gonna recast Tarkin in Cassian it seems.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Maul looked quite a bit different in Solo than TPM so a re-cast is more than fine. Also I believe Rey Parks wife denied all the allegations, so let’s not go full cancel culture on him before we know definite facts.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I’m excited about this. Solo took a hit that it didn’t deserve and it wasn’t fatigue.

Kenneth Morgan and TadoFett like this.
  9. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    She denied the abuse allegations, but I don't know whether they commented specifically on the images or who posted it. I would wait until facts are determined before jumping to conclusions. The outrage might be warranted, but we also might not know the whole story. It will play out how it plays out. They could recast easily enough if necessary.

Shamear likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They could recast fairly easy. but i do think it will lose an appeal to recast. Ray park playing the character after 20 years since Episode 1 would be pretty cool to see.

Shamear and TadoFett like this.
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Jabba: "Ron, ma bucko."

12. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I'm re-watching Young Indiana Jones and it's further whetting my appetite for some kind of Solo-based series. Normally, I wouldn't get too excited over such tenuous rumors, but in a world where Michael Keaton is coming back as Batman (Beyond?), anything is possible!

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Seeing as we're speaking of a time between the events of Solo and Rebels: Twin Suns, I'm ok with them dispatching Maul from stories altogether. Give him a bit role in the Solo TV show passing off Crimson Dawn to Qi'ra, and then he disappears obsessed with finding Kenobi. It's a simple and already mostly established story to feed into and make official and be done with Maul. I love Maul. He was a great character and had a great story, but maybe it's time to let his story run it's course and come to an end.

Darth Nave, EHT and Sarge like this.
  14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    All of those projects are exciting. I have been wanting Solo 2 ever since I walked out of the cinema. Dreams are becoming realities these days. We really do have it good. Alden played Han very well indeed, and deserves another appearance.

15. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I enjoyed Solo and the main positive for me was that I found the cast to be good and I feel that they deserve another go at playing them.

Darth Buzz, TadoFett and themoth like this.
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    TESB/ROTJ Lando is the template. And I was happy BDW returned for TROS, but I preferred Solo’s Lando in comparison. Would be great to see him back again doing his thing.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    AndyLGR and TadoFett like this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    No movie, directed by Ron Howard...
    But yeah, awaiting the rumours becoming not-rumours.

"All we have to doooo... Is take these lies, and make them true..."

[Edit. Sorry]
    "All we have to seee... Is that there's no Solo Two, unless it streams on Disney."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    black_saber likes this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Calm down. The wife denied all the allegations for days and recently just made a statement that Ray posted the video by mistake . Who knows maybe he was drinking, maybe jet lag, or maybe an honest mistake or another technical issue. But the fact remains he's innocent(and so was Danial Logan) of anything criminal or malicious . His kids being targeted by very crazy trolls is more disturbing than a posted by accident consensual private adult video between a man and his wife(which is their business)

Ray Park IS Darth Maul.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    With all this talk about Darth Maul, is the former Sith Lord getting a tv show of his own as a spin off based from the movie Solo a Star Wars story itself?

Jedi Knight Fett and TadoFett like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I was actually never a big fan of Ray Park’s overacting as Maul. Totally up for a recast.

22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Overacting? what? i don't think Ray has ever had to the chance to overact as Maul. at least not to the point of KKKKEEEENOOOBBBBIIIIIIIIII!!!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Riv_Shiel, Erkan12 and Sarge like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I also think Witwer overacts, so there you go. Park’s facial expressions in TPM were a bit much. You are already painted like a devil, dude, so tone it down on the snarling. I think a cooler and calmer demeanor (more consistent with Serafinowicz’s voice acting) would’ve been far more menacing.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    His facial expressions as Maul were always a bit OTT, IMO. I suppose you can get away with overacting more under heavy make-up. His body language, too, but that might be more down to the direction he was given.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well really there was no character to Maul in episode 1. all clone wars did was build on what they had and I imagine Maul back in episode 1 was very much meant to be just intimidating. like a animal, calm and collected until he pounced on its prey.

In the scene where Qui-Gon is meditating and Maul is pacing back and forth watching and waiting. that is just what Maul was at the time. there is still some of that in his in modern interpretation, but its just a small part of what Maul is now, so no one really notices.