main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like to see a TV-series where scientists explore Wild Space?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Yunzabit, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'd love a Star Trek style show that takes place in the Star Wars universe. Heavier focus on science, yet the mysticism of the Force and mentions of the Jedi are still mentioned, and acknowledged. Low stakes missions. Not starting a war with the Chiss or uncovering a ancient superweapon, just exploring strange new worlds...in Wild Space.

podjazd and Taylore like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So it would be "Star Wars" without the War?

3. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I'd be on board, but even better for me would be a mockumentary about the Outbound Flight Project.

Yunzabit likes this.
  4. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015

The crew could come across planets that are in the midst of a planetary war and pirate attacks could also be a battle situation.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Yes. I want this very much.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm sure the Trekies would blast it as just a rip-off of their shows.

Roosterq and cwustudent like this.
  7. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Maybe but they let that nightmare The Orville on the air without any backlash (as far as I know) and even renewed it for a second season!

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would like something like this, but it still has to have a decent amount of fighting and drama since those two things are so key to Star Wars.

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    No, not really.

I wouldn't mind a SW series set in the Wild Space, but please no Star Trek style shows in the GFFA.

cwustudent and Alexrd like this.
  10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I certainly would welcome something like this as it's an interesting idea with some real possibilities (and I can certainly see there being a lot of adventures and action in there so there will be wars among stars). Don't see the harm in doing something akin to Trek.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    If they do something like this I hope its set when the GFFA first discovers hyperspace travel. They already kind of set up the premise with the Purgils. We need new characters with original stories, a series that can hold its own without cameos by big names from existing Star Wars lore. These new characters would have plenty of time for their names to be forgotten by the time of the prequels.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Taylore likes this.
  12. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, I agree with the post above -- less Trek than early hyperspace years, lots of first contacts, elaborating on some familiar species, and, I think, the interesting challenge of disparate civilizations who all know the Force but have differing concepts of it and have to reconcile them -- there's the "wars" part for ya. I actually like this idea more than Old Republic stories (although the founding of either the Jedi, Sith, or Republic could be the endgame here).

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I keep saying I want an anthology type series...Instead of a single cast you would tell stories of different people throughout the galaxy and throughout history. Something like this would fit into that quite well...once a season a story about the crew an exploratory vessel mapping Wild Space.

It would also give an opportunity to visit the Chiss and see what sort of dangers lurk out there.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  14. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    Yeah, I'd love something like this. There could be a big 'hidden storyline' in the background that gradually comes to light, but I'd love the idea of an exploration-heavy show set in the Star Wars galaxy. I don't actually want everything Star Wars to be about war, literally.

15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    You would of course have to avoid the FO in this...maybe establish that they are in the north western areas of the galaxy and start the exploration in the south western area around the Endor / Bakura area.

16. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Yeah! I'd love to see a more "scientific" TV series. Imagine how it would expand the universe.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Exactly. Though I'd rather it be heavily fictional science. People need to it hammered into their heads that the laws of our universe don't apply to Star Wars. As if the force isn't enough.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    NRS Explorer....Home One Type or Liberty type?? Or go the full MC-85???

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    How about near the end of the Clone Wars have some Separatist ships fleeing into Wild Space pursued by Republic ships only for a few to end up hopelessly lost but near an inhabited world where they end up settling with some scavenging parts and fuel so they can refurbish a couple of the remaining ships and attempt to return home.
    Maybe have them eventually jury rig enough for smaller ships and they eventually stumble across a world inhabited by survivors of their Republic pursuers which initially ends in combat until both realise they're either been forgotten or given up for dead so begin a tenuous relationship both sides ultimately want to take advantage of the other for differing reasons!
    So first season sets up both sides as they establish a colony on a world located between the two systems to function as the means to fortify their alliance although naturally they have problems.
    It starts off with cadets at the academy from both sides so you have kids of clone troopers mixing with former separatists perhaps as an animation so you can see they're slowly getting used to each other but you learn of activities on the borders of the systems that are though to be bandits until end of season 1 when the Empire turns up!
    They naturally steamroll over all three systems leaving the cadets in hiding as they witness the horror the Empire represents resulting in their helping evacuate survivors from both systems as it becomes clear they need to locate a new world to rebuild and regroup before the Empire catches up with them!

Does that sound better?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like it

21. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    What species would you like to see if this deals with survivors from both the Separatists and the Republic?
    And I don't mean the clone troopers... unless we're talking hybrid kids?:boba::sabine::hera::kanan:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  22. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    My personal opinion is that would be nothing more than just another Star Trek show re-branded with the Star Wars logo.

23. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    The issue I see with that is most Seppie ships are crewed by droids.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    One episode or one arc (or maybe one season) could focus on something like this in any possibly upcoming tv-series, but I don't see it is enough for independent show and it would easily become too much like Star Trek. I don't think "scientific" side is the problem though, since scifi tends to be more or less bogus in it's science anyway, that's why it is science fiction. It's wouldn't be the first or the last scifi-show with messed up physics.

Star Wars is not always focusing on war anyways but usually it is somehow connected to it, so that wouldn't rule out this sort of show either. Star Wars universe is suitable for many different spin-offs and even this could work, but I don't think this is the best of all options.

25. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Beyond the Rim from FFG and the clone wars animated series suggest they're not entirely manned by droids.