main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Would you like to see George Lucas involved again in the new movies ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by gezvader28, Jul 26, 2021.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That George Lucas looking over the shoulders of these movies isn’t necessary for them to be good, likes, or authentic.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    “What was the original point?” is a good question to ask of the 21st century.

PymParticles likes this.
  3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I personally like the PT and I think GL being involved in content does bring it a sense of authenticity, but I think the worship of the man by many had become very unhealthy.

Echo Base, adaml83, DannyD and 5 others like this.
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I thought the worst period for that was leading up to the release of TPM , fans were at such a fever pitch , remember the weeks of queing on the sidewalks ?

5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I have similar thoughts about the worship of Dave Filoni by some...

6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yep, goes for Filoni and Faverau as well as Lucas.

Echo Base, adaml83 and Sarge like this.
  7. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd be fine with or without George's involvement. Though I'm intrigued about the Kenobi miniseries and Johnson trilogy, I'm no longer invested in Star Wars enough to have much at stake in it's success or failure, so his involvement wouldn't mean much more to me than an interesting bit of trivia. The Skywalker Saga was really all I was ever emotionally invested in, and even in the extremely miniscule chance they decided to continue it or to redo the ST or whatever, John Williams won't be involved and he was half the reason I was captured by the films, anyway.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Glitterstimm and Red23 like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm so indifferent at this point. I want them to explore the lore some more and get really weird about it, but so much of the fanbase doesn't want that.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I wouldn't like to see involved. I NEED to see him involved.

For real what kind of question is that lol he's the creator of Star Wars! :p

10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Let his make a Star Wars film with an unlimited budget and zero interference in exchange for the remastering and release of the unaltered Original Trilogy.

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    After struggling to find its feet in the Disney era, Star Wars is now in a really great place. If GL wants to take a back seat and enjoy the ride without having the stresses of creating new content, let him. He's gave us something special, it's time for others to take that on now.

Bor Mullet and TX-20 like this.
  12. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I always thought he and Spielberg should get together to do a SW film. A similar arrangement to the IJ films.

Darth Smurf and Sarge like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Both way past their primes. I fear such a collaboration could only end in disappointment and possibly embarrassment.

PymParticles likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    New blood is needed,not the old mummy

15. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah, I don't understand it either..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Disney + for George; he might do something good. 6 episode Yoda origin story. Go back to when Yoda was cute and adorable like Grogu; they could capitalize on all the Grogu love! That way if George got too kid friendly again, it would fit in a little better. That was George's biggest blunder, TPM and ROTJ having Muppets in it. I mean I love Muppets, but make them in a Muppet movie, not a movie that purports to be serious. Just doesn't combine; it's like putting Daffy Duck in The Re-animator.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is an incredibly rude and insensitive remark. Ageism is also against the TOS and can result in a ban. Please be more respectful.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is why when James Mangold was announced for Indy 5 my excitement went way up.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually no. I am a worshiper of the man for most of my life and I seriously am grateful for all the world building he did. But I think we got two ways to go forward.
    1. We get fresh blood that finds new spins and stories in the beloved universe (and this time please with a long term idea)

or

2. We find people who reinvent Star Wars or reinterpret it at least. Which might or might not work for old fans.

None of both can be the original creator.

Bor Mullet and PymParticles like this.
  20. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    there were a lot of puppets in ROJ , but can't say I remember many in TPM.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Figure of speech. TPM had CGI muppets, way too many of them.

InterestingLurker and Sarge like this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    For real: I'm glad that they had a bigger emphasis on digital effects in AOTC compared to TPM.

IMHO.

Lee_ likes this.
  23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Agreed. I think each movie got better in the PT. Lucas went on a 2 movie kid-friendly streak, and they were both easily the worst of their trilogy (ROTJ/TPM).

Luke02 and InterestingLurker like this.
  24. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    George cant win. Whatever he did do would be torn apart by fans. Why would he bother if he got no thanks? Hes in his seventies, let him enjoy life. Hes done his part. He created the universe now let others play in it.

DarthKreVass and darthvader88 like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I personally think TPM is easily better than AOTC and ROTS. And it definitely looks a lot better.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Sarge and InterestingLurker like this.