main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you name your kid...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by A-New-Hope, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJade55

MaraJade55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    If I had a son and 2 daughters I would name them Han, Mara, and Leia but I wouldn't want my kids to be made fun of because they have Star Wars names! :D

2. _JainaSolo-

_JainaSolo- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    luke and leia are good. i like jaina,corrna,anikin,mirax, and gavin i would definately think about those names

3. WormRiddenFilth

WormRiddenFilth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm naming my kid Crix.

4. yodas_undies77

yodas_undies77 Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    You people are crazy. Im gonna name my kid a number! No stupid NAME,

"Hey number 8, wheres my donut!"

5. itchytheuglywookie

itchytheuglywookie Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    I'll call my kid "Tucan Sam"!

Me: And your gonna love it! Or else!
    Tucan Sam: Or else what?
    Me: Exactly.

6. A-New-Hope

A-New-Hope Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2002
    Just wanted to take a moment to say.......

No matter what we name our kid, I hope that everyone is thankful that we are here and have the opportunity to talk about it with each other. Many people lost their lives one year ago, some of those I'm sure were Star Wars fans too. They'll never have the chance to do what we do everyday anymore. I'm not really religious but I'm going to pray that they have found peace wherever they are. Have a nice day, all.

A-New-Hope...

7. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    Nice post A New Hope. :) I'm not very religious myself (spiritual, though). I pray for all of those souls and all of their families too.

I think of all of the SW character, Luke and Ben (not his REAL name, or maybe it is?) and Owen are the only ones that are somewhat "normal". I recently had my first child, a son (well, actually, my WIFE DID! LOL) and we named him Sebastian...which is the name of the actor of the guy that play old dying Vader in ROTJ. Does that count? We didn't name him that for that reason, nor because we liked "The Neverending Story" wife does, I don't. We just named him that because it was kind of different and "old-world" and didn't sound too trendy and doesn't really have a nickname for it. But I couldn't see naming a kid Lando or Zuckass. That's just setting 'em up for taunting! :p

8. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    My friend's mother just had a baby. My friend's younger sister suggested the name "Natalie". My friend was trying to figure out why the name sounded so familiar. When she realized it was because of Natalie Portman, she decided to not say anything until the name was on the birth certificate.

9. Master_Jodo_Kast

Master_Jodo_Kast Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I would love to name my Kid Bantha Foodo!...Or maybe even Billy Dee Williams, cause come on..Lando is so cool.

10. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh, yeah. And my brother's name is Jason (which sounds the same as Jacen).

All of these are coincidences, by the way. None of us were intentionally named after Star Wars characters.

11. Jettafice

Jettafice Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    Some of the names that come from the Star Wars universe aren't so bad once compared with what some parents come up with when left to their own devices...

My sister-in-law works with people who actually have the craziest names I have ever heard. There is McChocolate, and then siblings Orangejello (Or-an-gel-o)and Lemonjello (La-man-gel-o).

No matter how they pronounce it, their names will forever be tied in with gelatinous deserts. Any Star Wars name has got to be better than that...

12. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    we get computerized babies in health for 1 day, and im gonna name mine jar jar! :D

13. TK421_DoUCopy

TK421_DoUCopy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    Sure, why not?? My name is after a fairy-tale character (use your imagination, I'm a chick) and I survived.

Elan
    Tundra
    Sabe
    Lexi
    Lama - could be called "Lama-Sue"
    Nute - people would think it's short for
    "Newton" anyway

but I'm sick and like Paploo, Horox, and Bib.

14. SithLordMara

SithLordMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    of course i would!!! if i was having kids...

but i named my dogs after anakin and princess leia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.