main
side
curve

Wouldnt it be nice to have a sw based chess game at C3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by beezel26, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well at most renaisance faires they have actors in costume on a large outdoor chess board with two random people doing it. It would be cool.

This time it could be the 501st vs the rebel legion. With the members dressed in costume on a large outdoor chess game. with random people chosen to play the game.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    As someone who will be in a TIE Pilot costume at C3, I can say that I would not want to be part of a human chess game as it would take forever and we'd just be standing around for the most part. I doubt that many folks in all armor would see this as fun.

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well we can make Padme as queen and if it is possible, a tie fighter can jump the queen.

Whom am I kidding, everyone can jump the queen.

Sorry Mel Brooks line.

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Sounds sweet to me. i think it would be a great idea.

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I like the idea also.

6. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    To be honest it would interest me for about 2 moves. And I can only imagine how bored the "pieces" would get.

Just my opinion. If they can find the space and there is enough interest, go for it.

Doc

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Might be interesting...if they could get fans walking by (in costume) to get involved with the game. Kinda like the "lightsaber training" exhibition for the little ones.

Somebody has been waiting to use that Mel Brooks reference...haven't you? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.