main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Writer With the Force- A Survivor Style Challenge--How can mav make it better next time?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ForceWriter, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aspiration

Aspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2008
    No it doesn't, the deadline is 12 PM, not 12 AM.

2. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Noon today... A whole morning of waiting... and then the counting.....

3. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    So I rushed through reading them on Thursday night, because for some odd reason I guess I thought it was Friday. Then I come back and read that it's actually due today at noon. I really need to learn to read better. :oops: :p

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: Mesa bad!

5. ForceWriter

ForceWriter Jedi Knight star 1

May 12, 2008
    Due to the very excellent points brought up, we will be keeping the schedule the same.

Round Two Challenge Three Results

Writing Passes:

brodiew
    C1-J2
    Ceillean

Writer Reveal:

Entry 1 Aides and Vocabularies by scarlet_shiv
    Entry 2 Undefeatable by Aspiration
    Entry 3 Mysterious Ways by Alexis_Wingstar
    Entry 4 Resemblance by Persephone_Kore
    Entry 5 Perception by Seremela

I had decided prior to giving you all this challenge that if 75% or less of people did this challenge I would give those who did do the challenge an additional voting pass. 62.5% did the challenge so, if you have used your vote pass and you wrote for this challenge you get another without a penalty, if you haven't used your pass you now have two! :)

Winner:

For an unprecedented third week in a row with a challenge score of +3, Seremela has won immunity for challenge four! Congrats! =D==D=
    Of course as you know by now you must still submit an entry for challenge four or use your pass. Immunity will not work for any other challenge.

One With the Force:

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b8/OldBen%27sGhost.jpg]

With a challenge score of -4, I'm very sorry Persephone_Kore, you have become One With the Force. :( [:D]
    Be sure to watch the thread because there may be a chance for you to get back in and we would love it if you would could continue to vote. :)

Comments will be sent out later on this evening.

Challenge Four will be posted tomorrow.

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations yet again, Seremela! Wow, keep up the great work. :D

Aw I'm sorry, Persephone_Kor [:D]

7. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    [face_hypnotized] I can't believe it, I'm dreaming, right? I pinch myself and I wake up.

Thank you very much, Alexis. I loved your story, great idea and great use of the words. I loved the other stories as well, it's why I still can't believe this. I'm really greatly honored with the votes, thank you who gave them!

:(But I'm very sorry to see you go, Persephone-Kore [:D] (I also wanted to say that I find 'Because of this war' a very powerful story that I know I'll read again)

8. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    Congratulations, Seremela. :)

9. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    Wow! You're on quite the winning streak, Seremela! I wonder if you'll get a clean sweep. :p

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I am back from the hospital! :D

Sorry I couldn't make it for the votes. I just got home today.
    But I am looking forward to the next challenge.

Congrats again Seremela!

And sorry, Persephone. :(

11. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    I've now sent all of the comments for challenge three.

Sorry I didn't get them out last night, I fell asleep. [face_blush] Evidently not having worked a whole week since last January took it's toll. Give me three or four 12 hour days and I'll be fine but work eight hours for 5 days and I'm done for. And in a few weeks (just as soon as I get used to this), I'm going back to 12 hour shifts! 8-}

[color=white][hl=orangered]Round Two, Challenge Four: A Picture is worth... [/hl][/color]

For this challenge you are to write a story based around this picture! Tell us a story that this picture can't! Tell us where it was taken, when, why... or whatever you feel from it, just so long as you were inspired by this picture (just make sure we can see some relation to it ;) )!
    [image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/94/269178278_43b1319c99.jpg]

[color=white][hl=orangered]Deadlines, Reminders and Notes:[/hl][/color]

[color=orangered]Entry Deadline:[/color] Sunday March 8th at 11:59 pm
    [color=orangered]
    Maximum Word Count:[/color] 1,750
    [color=orangered]
    Voting Deadline:[/color] Thursday March 12th at 12-noon.

~ Please remember to include the following:

[b]Title:
    Characters/Pairings:
    Era:[/b] (Before, Saga, Beyond)
    [b]Spoilers:[/b] (if applicable)
    [b]Summary:[/b] (optional)

~ If there are any mark up codes needed for your fic, please, please, please include them in your PM in this manner to make sure they get put in correctly:

{i] This is what you want italicized[/i]

Good Luck and have fun! [face_good_luck] [hl=orangered][color=white][/color][/hl]

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    ooh, nice picture! Um, I'm gonna send a question via PM your way... is it better to do so on the sock or your regular account?

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If it's about the challenge, or time sensitive it's probably better to send it to my main account, I don't check the ForceWriter sock everyday. :)

I try to check it every few days but there are times that doesn't happen. 8-}

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: oops, I'd already sent a PM to the sock, so now I sent it to the main. [face_blush]

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    This is a double-edged sword...

I finished my fic and sent it in, so now I don't have to worry about getting it in on time. [face_dancing]

Now I have a long agonizing wait to see everyone's and the results of voting. :oops:

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It's such a beautiful picture! I honestly love it but it's giving me a hard time to come up with a decent story. [face_thinking]

17. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    No doubt. That photo is amazing!

I'm gonna start work now. RL has been a bear lately.

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    :_| Everything I've written so far is so bad!
    It's such a beautiful picture, too.

For me, this is by far the hardest challenge we've had.

19. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    I've been too busy to start mine, but I do have an idea that I'll write tomorrow. I just found out that Daylight Savings starts tomorrow, which I think means I have an hour less to write it. :(

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm looking forward to reading everyone's entries. I'm guessing they'll be posted sometime Monday.

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I finally sent mine in.
    I'm not satisfied at all. :(

Oh well. At least I sent it in on time. :p That's a good thing.

22. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    I feel the same, I didn't find it easy at all, especially not to come up with a story fitting that beautiful image. But hey, it's finally sent! :)

*rubbing hands* Looking forward to some nice days of reading!

Persephone, Scarlet-shiv and Ceillian: thank you [face_blush]

:eek: Ceillean, hospital??? I hope everything is fine with you now!

23. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    Remember your fics for challenge four are do tonight!

The entries will be posted tomorrow after I get off from work, which at the moment I don't know when that will be... it depends on what happens while I'm there. At the latest I'll get off at 6pm EST so it could be as late as 4 board time when I get them up... I hope it won't be that late but I can't say for sure.

24. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    Challenge Four Voting!

We had two people who were unable to complete their fics and are now out... hence only five entries.

Voting Deadline:
    Thursday, March 12th 3pm board time.

VOTING RULES:

1. Please read all entries before voting. You can find links to the other era threads below!

2. All writers still in must vote or use a vote pass. If you do not vote and don't have your voting pass you will be subjected to a penalty.

3. Do NOT vote positive or negative because you love/hate those characters or pairing, you should be voting on how well the story follows the prompt, characterization, creativity etc., not for the characters themselves.

4. Send a PM with your votes and a reason, please. Try and be as specific as possible if only to help the author improve but you don't have to write a novel either. happy
    Example: I vote for [story number/name here] as the best story because it used the prompt very creatively.

I vote for [story number/name here] as the writer to become one with the Force because I felt the characterization was not accurate.

5. If you beta for one of the writers, please don't vote in either direction for that writer as you know which story is theirs and that completely defeats the purpose of the anonymity. I have no way of checking so we are on the honor system!

6.No voting more than once by using socks!

[color=orangered][b]
    Entry Threads[/b][/color]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28520359&brd=10477&replies=1]Beyond the Saga[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28520384&brd=10476&replies=1]The Saga[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28520413&brd=10475&replies=1]Before the Saga[/link]

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, my vote's sent in. This was hard, because none of the entries really deserve a "one with the force" vote. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.