main
side
curve

Challenge Writer With the Force- A Survivor Style Challenge--How can mav make it better next time?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ForceWriter, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aspiration

Aspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2008
    Any idea when the next round might start?

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    1. How would you rate this challenge as a whole?
    {Make up your own scale whether it be 1 to 10 or crappy to awesome!}

Loved it. So I'm giving it a 9.8. Because one or two of the challenges annoyed the crap out of me. :p

2. Would you participate again and if so, when do you think the next round should start? If not why?

Of course! As soon as possible. It keeps the juices flowing, so to speak.

3. What did you think of the challenges? Which was your favorite/least favorite challenge?
    {And no harping on the required words... it's good for your vocabulary. Naww.. go ahead and bash it if you must! tongue }

I don't like writing about pictures so that wasn't a very fun challenge. The others were great, I don't really have a favorite.

4. What did you think about the length of the word count on the challenges? The length of time to write the challenges? The length of time to vote?

Personally, I think the voting time was a bit stretched. I don't really think you need a week to vote. The time to write the challenges was alright, given that real life can be a pain in the butt.

5. Were the rules fair (ie passes, disqualifications etc.)and enforced fairly?

Yep.

6. What did you think about the number of people to start with? Too many, too few?

The number was okay. Going by the stories we had to read, the number was good.

7. Do you think there should be a rule about the previous winner playing in the next round?

Not really. Maybe the winner should be allowed to come up with the first challenge? Since the winner doesn't get colors or anything.

8. Anything else you can think of to improve this challenge or to make it more fun?

As a mean mean mean challenge, make up a rule to post in an era maybe. Some writers might venture into the other eras more easily.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    {Make up your own scale whether it be 1 to 10 or crappy to awesome!}
    a 9

2. Would you participate again and if so, when do you think the next round should start? If not why?

Yes and start in august.

3. What did you think of the challenges? Which was your favorite/least favorite challenge?
    All were just great although I didn't participate in all.

4. What did you think about the length of the word count on the challenges? The length of time to write the challenges? The length of time to vote?
    Just about right and short ones are easier to write

sure

6. What did you think about the number of people to start with? Too many, too few?
    more and it would run very long but should be nice too.

7. Do you think there should be a rule about the previous winner playing in the next round?
    Give the winner two challenges for the first start without being able to give that away

8. Anything else you can think of to improve this challenge or to make it more fun?

It was fun to read and write

4. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    I just wanted to thank you all for your input, I take it very seriously!

The voting wasn't originally a week long, it was actually only three complete days plus how ever many hours until I knew I could count the votes. Only once my job went crazy did it extend to longer. This round should be better now that I work a schedule that I can predict... most of the time at least.

I was planning on starting a new round here pretty soon but I'm volunteering for the awards and I don't think I'd have enough time to do them both, at least not the way my job kills me, so we won't be starting until they end (or Saga's at least). I definitely want to make sure whenever we start we end before November so that we don't run into NaNo. I know several people who have participated in WWTF also participate in NaNo, as do I, and there is no way the two could be done together!

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Better late than never!

I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge until DRL cam calling. 9 of 10!

I would love to play again and I would like to start as soon as possible. I'm creatively active! :p

I thought required words and pictures were fine. I liked the creativity of the challenges. I enjoyed the photo challenge this time around.

I don't tend to write long vigs, so the word limits were perfect for me.

Absolutely.

Again, perfect. The more you add the harder it may be for participants to keep up.

I'm undecided on this one. On one hand, each challenge is its own competition, but at the same time, it might be nice to allow a round for a new paticipant. Seremela's fics were great!

Keep doing what you're doing, mav. I had great fun!

6. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :) Thanks Brodiew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.