main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Writer With the Force- A Survivor Style Challenge--How can mav make it better next time?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ForceWriter, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Wow, that's a looooong day! [face_hypnotized]

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'd have never thought it could be soooo hard to trim a story to fit the word count. :eek: I think I grimaced throughout the erasing period. :p
    This prompt I totally enjoyed though; looking forward to the next.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, it really is![face_tired] Thus is the life working in a hospital! But I'll have something to look forward to all day! :D

I'd have never thought it could be soooo hard to trim a story to fit the word count. shock I think I grimaced throughout the erasing period.
    LOL! It is hard... and I'm sorry for even having a limit, but I figured more people would be apt to vote if the fics weren't too long! :)

4. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    If you don't mind my input...I think next round we could move up a baby step or two. Perhaps 1,250 words? That's how long punitive essays were at my middle school. :D

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Punitive? We aren't being punished! I didn't do anything wrong! Honest! *Eyes go big and watery* :p

[image=http://www.globalpaw.com/forum/pictures/data/500/327PussInBoots.jpg]

6. ForceWriter

ForceWriter Jedi Knight star 1

May 12, 2008
    Round One Chapter Two entries are now up!

Voting Ends at 12-noon Sunday June 15th!

Remember writers, you are allowed to vote... in fact it is encouraged, just don't vote for yourself! ;)

Passes:
    RX_Sith has not submitted a story for two weeks in a row and has been eleminated.

lazykbys_left did not submit a story and has now used his pass

BarronCoop PMed a request and has used his pass for this round. And receives a big thanks for the PM! [:D]

Quick question for the writers from mav:
    Since this is the first time for this challenge, you all are the beta test so I'll be asking your opinions on things pereodicly! Please PM your answer to me... feel free to include it with your vote!

1. We now have someone who has been eliminated from the competition for this round due to not submitting fics and we can do one of two things. a.) We can continue on as normal, one person will receive immunity and one person will become One with the Force or b.) The person with the most votes will receive immunity but no one will become One with the Force since someone is already out for this challenge.

A few voting reminders:

1. Please read all entries before voting. You can find links to the other era threads below!

2. Do NOT vote positive or negative because you love/hate those characters or pairing, you should be voting on how well the story follows the prompt, characterization, creativity etc., not for the characters themselves.

3. Send a PM with your votes and a reason, please.
    Example: I vote for [story number/name here] as the best story because it used the prompt very creatively.

I vote for [story number/name here] as the writer to become one with the Force because I felt the characterization was not accurate.

4. If you beta for one of the writers, please don't vote in either direction for that writer as you know which story is theirs and that completely defeats the purpose of the anonymity. I have no way of checking so we are on the honor system!

5.No voting more than once by using socks!

Beyond the Saga

The Saga

Before the Saga

7. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    I'll go with option "B", but if the masses decide "A", that is fine too.

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    All of the entries for this round are awesome! Great work everyone! :D

9. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    A vote for Nyax is a vote for perfection!

10. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I'd go with "A." I don't really think it makes sense to change the process and effects of voting among the stories that are submitted just because someone has dropped out.

On the other hand, I could understand wanting to avoid making the game shorter... *g*

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm not sure if the weather that's been hitting the midwest may have had an affect on those who did not send in submissions... I think it would be a shame for them to be out if they lost connection because of the severe flooding, t-storms and tornados.

12. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I could have missed a move, but I think Lazy is more likely to be affected by the weather in Japan than in the US Midwest. RX_Sith posted nine times yesterday and the last day he didn't post was June 1, so I don't think that's it for him either.

13. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I would say option A, but I'm game for anything. If there had been more then one person just not submitting without passing, I'd probably say B because we wouldn't someone being voted out when they might have had an opportunity to stay in otherwise.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'd say option A.

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm fine with option A.

16. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    Challenge Two Winner, OWTF Writer and Author Reveal!

Again, the race was very, very close... even closer than last time! In fact there was tie for One With The Force... please see below for what we are going to do!

Author Reveal:

Entry 1:
    An Affirming Flame by: JediMaster_JainaSolo
    Entry 2: The Banks of Lethe by: LordNyax113
    Entry 3: Starcrossed by: Jaina_and_Jag
    Entry 4: Forced Perspective by: LASOS
    Entry 5: The Pearls That Were His Eyes by: Alexis_Wingstar
    Entry 6: The Unconquerable Man by: ZaraValinor
    Entry 7: A Rose in the Ashes by: Persephone_Kore
    Entry 8: To Loose the Fateful Lightning by: DarthBerryStraw
    Entry 9: A Rose in the Ashes by: Ceillean

And the Winner Is...

With +2 Votes, Ceillean for Entry 9: A Rose in the Ashes is our winner and get immunity for Challenge # 3! You still do have to submit an entry for Challenge 3 unless you use your pass, but your immunity will not carry over!

Congratulations Ceillean!! =D=@};-

And now for the writer who becomes One with the Force...

I asked for a vote on how to proceeded with someone disqualifying themselves and the majority of people voted to go on as normal and have someone become OWWF, though that won't be used this challenge (see below).

As I said, this was very close, in fact we have a tie even going to previous scores we have a tie! 8-}

Jaina_and_Jag and LordNyax113 both recieved -2 votes for this Challenge and both have a game total of -1 so we are going to have a tie breaker~ (Since your host messed up and already reviled the authors! [face_blush] )

EDIT AGAIN: (and the final one)
    Ok, since one of our authors wasn't going to be able to do a tie breaker and to be fair since I'm the one that messed up, no one is going to be elimanated this challenge and since we had a disqualification we still remain with the same number at this point we would have originally had.
    The Floating immunity mini challenge will be used at a later date (probably the week of the 4th of July), but for those who missed it, here is what it will be!

A mini challenge where participation is optional, but the time line is shorter! The winner will recieve floating immunity and there will be no one eliminated. Any negative votes will not could against you at any time in the game.

Floating Immunity means you have an immunity that you can use it any one time (until we get to the final three) but you must tell me you want to use it when you send your story in. That way, if you don't feel sure about that story, you have immunity!
    Should you decided not to participate, your pass will not be used, nor will you be disqualified if you have already used your pass!

17. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    You're kidding, right? I thought Alexis_Wingstar was going to make it to the top three at the very least. :(

18. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    Actually, I did mess up... even thought I double counted, my computer shut off in the middle of me putting them into my spread sheet, so it will take me just a few minutes to do a complete recount to make sure I get it right this time! :)

19. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007

Craaap...knowing my luck its going to be me...just couldn't keep my shut could I...[face_praying]

20. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    It actually wasn't your comment that made me realize, it was when I was going though the comments to send to people and I realized Alexis had more comments than votes! 8-}

If my dog would stop unplugging my computer, this would be much easier!! :p

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Congrats Ceillean! :D :D Your piece was very haunting and definitely deserving! =D= [:D]

22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    =D=

Contragulations Ceillean!

23. ForceWriter

May 12, 2008
    Ok, votes have been quadruple checked! Please see above for the way Mav decided to fix the mess she made!:oops:[face_blush] :) I hope everyone thinks that is a fair solution!!

I apologize to Alexis_Wingstar if I gave her a heart attack! :) [:D]

And I apologize to Jania_and_Jag and LordNyax113 for my mess up as well! [:D]

24. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    You nearly gave me a heart attack.

25. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Sounds good, mav! [:D]

Hey, can I get on the list for comments. Spaced it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.