main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writer's Challenge 4 - Light.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kit' , Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I did a first for me- I wrote something only on the computer! All you people who answered my poll by saying you used the computer have convinced me to try to experiment. Sorry it's so short.

~*~**~*~

It flickers across the wall slowly, gradually, like a moth brushing against the mildewed stones. I watch its movements, and yet I do not; my mind follows the path it takes without recognizing its purpose or intent. The room is chilled, but I feel a growing warmth as I trace those shining spots across my prison.

For that is what it is. A cage, a trap. Oh, I did not come here seeking isolation, but safety. They were hunting me, searching the city and noble structures for me, for what I have done.

I could not let them catch me. So I found this cottage, this abandoned house. In the fading rooms I have dwelt, awaiting the end. They will find me, eventually, I have no doubt. But I would like to live out my final days in peace.

It shifts to the left corner, twitching and dancing across the earthen floor. I smile; a low gurgle wells up from my chest, and it surprises me.

I have not laughed since?for some time.

It gains in intensity, like a golden representation of the feelings I once held dear. I study it, and feel content.

I have seen the light. What more must I ask for?

~*~**~*~

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Some neat little stories here. :) Interesting how many of them are about darkness more than light: it's like the Blind Character Challenge part two!

3MDPsychoSniper: Neat and sweet. I do so like Jacen, and I think he'd make a fine consort for Tenel Ka. Fact. ;)

-Z-: your story read like something straight out of an RPG I ran last year... especially with the character interactions. Funny stuff.

Raven: HIlarious! The bit about the carnivorous Ewoks has been haunting me all week: I stop and shiver and then giggle. :) BBQ Trooper. I think I'll offer that at the next V-Base barbeque. But this bit: I?m tempted to tell you about how your grandmother and I had to hide under some rubble on Coruscant after the Imperials retook it during the Reborn Emperors campaign, but that one you won?t understand until you?re older, and you won?t want to think about it when you understand.

Of course, that resulted in your father, so it wasn?t entirely a good thing.

ROFL. That kid is so spoiled he's got such a great grandad with such great stories.

Keeper of Swords: I rather like the idea of the early Jedi believing they could only become one with the Force if their Service to the Galaxy had been worthy enough... neat idea encapsulated in a tiny ficlet: and people wonder why I love fanfic.

rogue11lovesjag: Whoa! Iceheart herself! You gave me a chill!

Ty-Gon: So Palpatine decided to take over the Galaxy because he was inspired by a play? Very cool! And so subtley done!

Laine Snowtrekker: Loved the poor Padawan pondering the Force and life and light in the temporary absence of his sight. They say losing one sense heightens the others: I wonder if it works that way for the Jedi?

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo: Had me realy wondering who would have captured/cloned Max Veers. I still wanna know why. :)

Livi-Wan: loved the description. Nice use of the contrast from the character's background perspective.

darthmace7: sweet little piece. My middle son's first word was light. Daddy was second, which is rare.

anakin girl: good scene-setting work. I liked the candlelight sybolism you worked in. Well done.

DrabboFett: Loved The Thin Blue Line: very funny!

DarthBreezy: Good scene, and I think you captured that pre-dawn paling of the sky, what the Irish call "the purple hour". Only one thing is, I keep hearing this voice singing..."From the day we arrive on the planet, and blinking, step into the sun / There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done..." :D

Alrik: Yay, a complete story! And about Shaak Ti! (My fave!) Not bad, although the fact that English is not your first language does show through at times. If you'd like to expand on this story to post elsewhere on the JC, I'd be happy to beta it for you. :) I liked the fact that you tied off the loose ends, and gave some insight into the workings of the Senate Security set-up. That sort of detail really makes a story work, in my opinion.

Calandria: whew! there's a story in that, for certain! Natea's an ex-Jedi who kills her master and then goes on to become a queen? Is there more to this? Oh yes, and nice description of the garden, too! :)

LianaMara: interesting contrast bewteen the resigned prisoner and the playful movement of the light. No need to know more, not even names were necessary. Well done.

And here's my meagre offering.

*Derisa*

[b]Dance of Light[/b]

She saw galaxies of stars, spinning a swirling in a timeless, slow-motion dance. It was the inevitable dance of light, of life, of the Force.

Danys breathed in the sacred flow of the sight, knew the truth of that recently-revealed cosmic unity and felt herself called out to join the dance. A small frown creased her brow and the young woman shook her head, refusing the compulsion to flee her pain-wracked body, trapped in the gravity well of her birth-world to become one with that incomprehensibly vast waltz of stars.

The effort of her refusal jerked her out of her trance, to open her eyes and face the bleakness of her situation.

She trie

3. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    @ _Derisa_Ollamhin_ : Well the story grew larger than I had initially expected. :p

If you look into my bio, you will find some more - and yes, the Story is already there in the TFN Boards. If you want to beta-read it, I would be glad. ;)
    You can find it here : The Light (English/German

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Thanks! If you check out my bio, this is part two for me, since it's the same character I'm working with.

5. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    There is more to it Derisa. It's a story called "A small Backwater adventure" the link's in my bio.

It needs some... okay rephrasing... lots of editing work. So annoying when the plot bunnies get out of hand and leave you with gaping holes in the plot. But eventually (as in maybe a year from now) I'll have all the kinks worked out and I'll repost it :) but up till then... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.