main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writing Kam and Tionne

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Flametwister, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flametwister

Flametwister Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    I'm starting out on a story that will have Kam Solusar and Tionne as major characters, but I can't get a lock on their characterizations. Tionne always reads somewhat crazy to me, but then that's just me ;). I can't really pin them down. Suggestions? Advice? [face_praying]

2. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    Have you read I, Jedi? He's got a lot of character development for those two.

Tionne to me has always been very singsongy/flightly... probably the closest you'll get to a jedi-hippie-mother personality.

Haven't read much into Kam though.

Good Luck!

3. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    To me, Tionne seemed like she would be a very caring and polite person while Kam seems a little more straighforward. Not that he's mean, but he comes off as kind of a hard ass about things while she'd probably be more easy going.

4. Flametwister

Sep 27, 2004
    It's been a long time since I read I, Jedi, I should probably reread it.

Kam always came out the stoic type, but not much else. Maybe the Jedi Academy Trilogy would be somewhere to look, as well?

5. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    I think Kam is a lot older than Tionne

6. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    *laughs* I'd kinda just assumed that JAT would be where you got your starting off info =) heh Definitely go read them!

7. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    In the Star Wars Adventure Journal there was a story featuring her. She was described there more or less like an artist who was on the search for lost artifacts of the gone Jedi, because her mother or grandmother had been a Jedi or at least had bounds to it. Her own forces are quite weak (at least that's how I understood it), but as a Poet, Singer and Teacher she is excellent.

8. Flametwister

Sep 27, 2004
    I'd kinda just assumed that JAT would be where you got your starting off info =)

Well I have read them, but that was about a bajillion years ago, and I don't remember much other than the basic plot.

9. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Kam is hardarse, strong, cool. He knows his stuff, and is fairly closed, but could probably open up a lot when you get past his defences... Tionne is very caring, fairly fragile, definately emphatic. Definately read I,J for characterisations. :D

JOOI, when's it set? :confused:

10. Flametwister

Sep 27, 2004
    Um... JOOI?

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think I, Jedi mentions that Kam had some dabblings with the Dark Side but came back. I might be mistaken, though . . .

12. Flametwister

Sep 27, 2004
    I think Kam first appears in one of the comic books ? Dark Empire? ? in which he is a Darksider, but I've never read it.

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Sorry. JOOI is 'Just out of interest'. :)

And yeah, he does appear in one of the comics. I'm pretty sure he and luke have some Pokémon-esque fight and he joins the Light again... :p His dad, Rannik, was a Jedi who was killed, IIRC.

14. Flametwister

Sep 27, 2004
    Ah, it all comes clear now :).

The fic is set during NJO. It's told from the POV of some students in the Academy, and Kam and Tionne appear fairly often. (I'm trying to keep track of just when the Academy was where during the Vong war). I'd written a scrap of them evacuating Yavin 4 ? Kam and Tionne trying to handle the chaos, get the students to safety etc, and realized that I had no idea wheather they were IC or not. Que panicked hamster mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.