main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writing novel trilogy. Need plot!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBane77, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    I hope you find nicer things to say. Offensive! I don't want a plot from you. I have one, I just want very minute ideas that are not going to be of any real relevency to you. If you do not want to help, thats fine, but don't come here and talk this smack. You are not helping. If you don't want to help then don't post. You are violating the rules here and I hope you get banned.

best regards to mean folks(not to those nice few(and I stress FEW))-Bane

2. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Im not going to use any ideas you give me, but merely use the to get over my writters block. Things spark ideas for me. I hope you all get banned. As for those who are actually nice towards me, have a good day.

3. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    .... well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine ;)

4. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, Breezy and I aren't trying to offend you; we're just trying to point out how the publishing world works. I'm truly sorry if we did offend you, but we really are trying to be helpful.

What's not helpful is posting hopes of people being banned. No one here has violated the Terms of Service; we've been trying to help you.

However, if this thread isn't about a fan fiction story, why are you posting this here? This is not a general Star Wars discussion board, nor a general writing board. It's for fan fiction writers. If you're not writing fan fiction, why don't you talk to your contacts about coming up with names and such?

Mel

5. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Its fiction and I'm a fan. Alos, the rules state that you are only to go to a thread to disscuss, not to say it stinks, etc. Some posters here did that. My comment was not directed toward you. Others-yes. :)

6. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay... fan fiction is not something that's intended to be published. Period. What you're talking about is writing something to be published, so that doesn't qualify as fan fiction.

I'm sure Irvin Kershner is a fan of Star Wars, but I don't think anyone would call The Empire Strikes Back a fan film.

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    No-one has broken the TOS yet, although people have come very, very close to it.

I'd like to ask everyone that's posted in this thread to back off for a while and let it cool down. Whether the thread's author has the contacts or not is immaterial but he is allowed to ask questions and recieve feedback. Wanting to make fun of the situation will be dealt with in a serious manner - starting now.

DarthBane77, if you have specific questions ask them, but asking for a general plot probably isn't going to get you any help. If you need ideas to get over your writer's block there are several threads in this forum that can help you.

Thanks

Kithera

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    No, I'm afraid there's a vast differance in what you're SEEING and what we're SAYING...

Mel and I have tried very hard to let you know that although your intentions are genuine, your chances of success are very slim to put it lightly. Also, as she said, this forum is for discussing Fan Fiction... although we have people who are 'pro writers' outside of fan fiction, they generally don't disscuss thier works here except in context with other discussions.
    Please don't be offended when others feel frustrated because they don't think you understand, but to be honest, I think a lot of us are feeling at least a little like that...

We're all fans here... and we try to offer our advice and support, but there's only so much we can do or say...

Good Luck!

Edit
    Thanks for stepping in Kit!

9. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    I am trying to introduce th main character, a Jedi, who is in the Jedi temple looking at a statue, but I can't figure out how to bring him into the darn thing. PM me ONLY please with any ideas you might have to help me. Thanks :)

10. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    I'm sorry if I offended you, I'm just curious and have a big mouth.

11. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Its okay. :)

I have the same issue. Anywho, any ideas through PM? If not, thats okay. Just need relief from stuck point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.