main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writing Yoda

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by iloveewan76, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloveewan76

iloveewan76 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2005
    Hi,

This is my first post here so I hope I'm doing this right and that this is in the right place!
    And I'm from the UK if my spelling looks a bit off (that and I can't actually spell too well)!

Anyway, I'm working on a short story at the moment and I'm having some problems writing Yoda. In the story it's his thoughts I'm writing - like he's thinking out loud. I'm finding it quite hard to get it right and write it in a way that sounds plausible and not just silly.

Any tips/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Emma

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, he talks in short declarative sentences. Only about half his sentences are the backwards speech. Also, he's always doing the pithy wise anecdotes - which drive everyone around him crazy. It depends on whether you want him to be mischievious like in TESB or more straight, almost angry/disappointed as in the PT. I hope that helps.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Welcome! :) There's a thread you'll find really useful. We could use more Yoda writers! I'm going to lock this, so you can discuss there.

The Yoda Discussion Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.