main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [wtf am I watching] Penny Dreadful

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Jun 14, 2014.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  2. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Season 3 trailer:

May 1st.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

New trailer. Awesome music too. It's a cover of this:

4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Eva Green talking about Vanessa Ives for season 3

Despite her victory over the Devil himself Ms Ives is not doing well. And her therapist of course is the character who ran the insane asylum in Dracula, Dr Seward. Never heard the name Alexander Sweets in any lore so he's a mystery. 7...more...weeks....ugh.

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

"There's this creature. He has been hunting me since the dawn of time." Interesting that she says this. Previously she denied being a reincarnation of some evil woman in ancient times. Looks like she has come to accept this.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  7. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I love Eva Green and love this show. The entire cast is great.

TX-20 likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    If you are on Facebook you don't have to wait. You're welcome

Dr Seward does not disappoint. Dr Jeckyll does not disappoint. And of course all weekend they'll be previous season replays.

9. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    This show is so wonderfully weird and creepy. Eva Green is just.... ^:)^ I think I might take advantage of the early premiere for episode 1 tonight.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Exactly. I could not believe the possession episode in season 1. Billy Piper is going to be at a local comic con, but it's $60 to meet her. I am actually going to get actual comic books, so I don't know yet. It's quite possible that after a few hours of digging through comic boxes I'll wander over and go for it.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  11. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Strong start to season three.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What? New series? Cool.
    Eva Green. Sigh. Ultimate crazy girlfriend

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I like how they handled the same actress as a new character by simply having her be in the same family. This is the first time the name 'Dracula' has been used in the series. I wonder if perhaps the zoologist, Dr Sweet, is Dracula.

TX-20 and QueenSabe7 like this.
  14. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    See, I was thinking that it IS the cut-wife.... somehow? The way she looked at Vanessa when she was leaving the office it was as if she knew her. Just a hunch. So, we get both Dracula and Dr Jekyll this season. The latter looks like he will be delightfully creepy... should be interesting!

Good start to the season.

anakinfansince1983 and TX-20 like this.
  15. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I think at this point this is my favorite current series. I loved the first episode of the season last night. I feel Eva Green can say as much as anyone without even speaking a word sometimes.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Solid season opener. I liked seeing Malcolm in Africa and his talk about the colonialization and it's not the same place. Caliban on the frozen ship was creepy as hell. And poor Vanessa, depression has hit hard. I was not sure about that therapist at first, still not, but at least Vanessa did the dishes and got out of the house.

Nice Wild West shootout in New Mexico. Not sure who the Native American guy is or how he managed to find Malcolm but I look forward to the playout of that story.

So Dr. Jekyll is a friend of Victor's. Should be interesting. And I loved Dracula's introduction, even the "What the hell am I watching here?" moments.

Looks from the season trailer that Dorian Grey is going to start going insane pretty soon.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I thought to myself, "Gosh, she loses the butler and the whole house to hell."

18. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Sembene. :(

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    blimey , Vanessa in psychotherapy - this should be good !

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well something goes wrong(right?) as in the previews we see she is in a white room going bonkers. But, Dracula and gang don't do the same things the Devil does. So perhaps the Devil is taking part as well. This is a different origin story for Dracula though, he is basically another fallen angel.

21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Dracula's a fool if he thinks he can go up against Vanessa .

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well. It may be that he knows that or like the Devil she has to give in willingly.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Rusk is the antagonist but he is not a Bad Cop. I don't think he will respond well when he finds out Chandler is a werewolf.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess I should use spoiler tags now that I see more than 2 people are watching this.

They did not wait long to show Dr Sweet as Dracula. Even though I guessed it was him the reveal was still chilling. Earlier in the episode he was telling an employee how to make the stuffed jaguar look and I thought it a neat bit of foreshadowing that it had its fangs out.

I'm not sure this old man traveling with Malcolm to find Mr Chandler is going to be friendly to our protagonists.

I could not tell if Dr Seward was horrified with Vanessa's story because she believed her or horrified because she thinks she's nuts.

I wonder if ultimately Dr Franky is going to kill himself and then raise himself to become like Lily in order to follow her and be accepted.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Surely Vanessa's psychiatrist is going to reveal at the end of the season that Vanessa has just read too many bad horror novels, and has glommed them all together into one ridiculous fantasy life.

QueenSabe7 likes this.