main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming X Gon' Give It To Ya: The Xbox Series X Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by PimpBacca, Jul 23, 2020.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Just to point out that Battlefield 2042 is now on EA play and so on gamepass Ultimate. Looking forward to this one myself.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    TrueAchievements has an end of year wrap up, not sure if Microsoft will have one or not. My stats, appropriately dominated by Yakuza:

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Two years late, but I finally have a Series X. I honestly didn’t expect them to be in stock the day after Christmas, so I was pleasantly surprised when the clerk at GameStop said “yes.”

I’ll get it set up tonight, but are there any recommendations from the JCC crowd as to which games I should play first? Any Series X exclusives I should know about, or any last-Gen games that have received a “glow up?” (I already know about Cyberpunk and Witcher 3).

I am so excited to finally be part of the current generation, and looking forward to the upcoming games such as Hogwarts Legacy and Starfield.

4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Get gamepass:

Halo Infinite
    Currently High on Life is like the most played/DL’d 3rd party gamepass game and i can’t recommend it enough. Im playing through it now.

Difficult to recommend SX exclusives because uhhh…we don't have many. In fact maybe just Halo infinite.

But the interface is buttery smooth.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Forza Horizon 4 and 5 are must haves.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Definitely try out Game Pass and see what you like. There’s a lot of good stuff on there covering a broad range of genres. Some personal favorites, with all two exclusives bolded:

A Plague Tale: Requiem (this is a sequel to A Plague Tale: Innocence, which isn’t on Game Pass, but you can find for cheap)
    As Dusk Falls
    Assassin’s Creed Origins
    Forza Horizon 5
    Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
    Hitman Trilogy
    It Takes Two (if you have a co-op partner)
    Ori and the Blind Forest and its sequel, Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
    Tetris Effect
    Tinykin
    Yakuza series, starting with 0

7. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Oh yeah the Ori games are top of the line.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Rumour info only but rumour info I like the sound of:

Hellblade 2 to launch September 2023.

Avowed to be out in 2024.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Good to see, probably be fun.

11. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    So a massive hurdle passed today in the acquisition of Activision.

I tend to stay way from console wars but honestly after all the lies Jim lying Ryan has been doing to stop this from happening I hope he’s very miserable today.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Imagine watching an anti-consumer consolidation of the industry and hoping it succeeds because “PlayStation man mean about Cawwadoody a bloo bloo bloo.”

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah. If it was reversed you can bet anything Spencer would have done exactly the same.

Given how things have played out with the Bethesada acquisition, I could see MS restricting CoD. It'd cause widespread fury but what are the regulators going to do about it if they did? Nothing. And MS doesn't need the extra cash from it.

PimpBacca, solojones and Ramza like this.
  14. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I feel like anyone who makes this argument isn’t paying attention to the how big cod is and how little sense it makes to keep it off PlayStation. The Bethesda deal was slightly different in the sense that from the moment the deal was done it was made clear that this was for Xbox.

@Ramza you have it the wrong way. I’m happy for the Xbox success. Not so happy about the lies coming from the head of PlayStation but that comes from more then just a passion for the Xbox brand, As for the consolidation it’s far from it just take a look at the Gaming market beyond PlayStation and Xbox.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean it's come out that there was a PS5 version of RedFall until they bought the studio and killed it. MS is gonna keep doing this. The AB purchase is wrong.

I would say the same if it were Sony, I have both consoles.

Joystick Chevron and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sounds like I have it more or less exactly right, actually, and if you think “everyone’s consolidating” is a good defense you’ve pretty clearly misunderstood my opposition to this.

17. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I have both consoles @solojones out of curiosity did you deem the deals Sony makes to keep games off of game pass wrong? Or how about the exclusivity of the final fantasy 7 remake because originally that was to come to Xbox.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Why keep CoD off PS? Petty corporate politics, that's what. But, in just about almost any other case, the financial argument for not doing it would be unassailable. Only with a company the size of MS would it be possible.

As for paying to keep games off of GamePass, how do games get on there? There has to be some compensation for lost sales. That one cuts both ways.

Where Final Fantasy is concerned I think that has as much to do with SquareEnix as Sony. There does seem to be a perception in the Japanese companies that XB isn't interested in them, while Sony is.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Unless they actually make the game it shouldn't be an exclusive. And most Sony made games come to at least PC.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The RedFall thing is a complete disaster. Starting to wonder if Phil Spencer should go...

22. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I heard that Red Fall sucked ass to. It looked cool af

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want to see a game get brutally dismembered, watch SkillUp or MrMattyPlays's review of Redfall.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  24. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Same in PS5 thread.

This looks absolutely sick! Dammit Microsoft get a fn haptic controller out already so my XB can be something other then a dust collector!

25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    And coming barely two weeks before the ten year anniversary of the pr disaster that was the Xbox One reveal. Not a great omen.

solojones likes this.