main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming X Gon' Give It To Ya: The Xbox Series X Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by PimpBacca, Jul 23, 2020.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Gfaqs boards saying best buy XSX sometime today @Glitterstimm

not sure if passed

edit: apparently passed. Id monitor walmart/amazon/target next 2-3 days. Usually seems successive.

edit2: check Microsoft store, someone saying posted within 2 min ago.

Edit 3: walmart was apparently at 3pm eastern today and they ran out by 3:20. @Glitterstimm

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  2. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So news that last about 24 hours before be reversed Microsoft decided to up the price to a gold subscription making it the worst deal in gaming. But now they have reversed the planed price rise and finally allowed free to play games to be played without gold.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    “We didn’t realize you’d get so upset over us price-gouging you. Our bad.” :p

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So not only did they lose money on their price rollback, but now also on existing customers who will drop so they don't have to pay for F2P. Yikes.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The best part is that they seemed to deliberately load up a better-than-average lineup for February's "free" Games With Gold, presumably as a bit of anesthesia for the price hike, but now they can't take it back. I haven't played Gears 5 or the Resident Evil remake yet, so feels like a win. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  6. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I could be reading this wrong, but they have removed that block, you can now play F2P games if you don’t have gold.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, it's back-fired spectacularly

PimpBacca likes this.
  8. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    From what I’m seeing it was the plan to drop the pay wall anyway, it only got pushed up to soften the mistake.

This chain explains it pretty well.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Looks like Microsoft quarterly profits already paid for their most recent acquisition.

10. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Third post in a row I know!

so this week the Microsoft acquisition of Zenimax has been given approval by both the EU and USA, so it’s a done deal.

By all accounts Microsoft will be doing an event this month to make it clear what will happen going forward with there new IP.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That clarity would be nice. They said some things will be exclusives but didn't say which.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Historically, MS's policy has been something like "announced projects will come to systems they were announced for," and obviously they'll just put Minecraft out on everything they can forever. So I think anything unannounced will be an Xbox/PC exclusive, and the big make or break will be Elder Scrolls 6 (Of course, a lot of people think you should only be playing that on PC anyway...), since that's known but is so far out it isn't "for" anything yet, with other known projects staying multiplatform.

Definitely just a guess, though!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  13. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015

I know I’ve said it before but I think it’s a safe bet that all the MMOs will remain on PlayStation. As for other games probably not. Unless PlayStation is willing to have game pass on there system.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it would be insanity to suddenly stop supporting Elder Scrolls Online on Playstation. I would be very mad, and less inclined to then buy any Bethesda games on PC.

15. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    It’s not like Xbox needs it’s games on PlayStation when they are putting them on steam, and mobile with streaming and game pass for PC.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You sure about that? Playstation remains the largest user base of all platforms.

17. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    So they are. I’m not blind to reality If Sony would let them put game pass on PlayStation they would at the end of the day Microsoft is looking to sell games to make money. But considering they have game pass on Xbox, PC and Mobile with X cloud. And I presume if there aren’t plans already to then I expect there to be a game pass/ X cloud app on smart TVs.

Brad sams has a really good take on it.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why do you need gamepass? Just sell those games at $70 a pop on Playstation. Your own users still benefit, but it also makes you a lot more money.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    MS have already made their money back and more, so the thinking they need to cover that $7.5bn no longer applies.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Need? No. But when has that stopped a business from wanting to make more money?

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pretty much never but they'll need a new excuse.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    “You’re always able to choose to benefit from the amazing deal that is GamePass on our Microsoft Xbox family of systems.” There. The excuse.

solojones likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh? But I want to play Spider-Man, the super-cool one.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's been noted that Microsoft already has a problem with GamePass. It makes it so they can't justify spending AAA amounts on development of their exclusive games. Because they are giving them away for cheap subscription prices. But if they sell these as well on Playstation, they'll be able to actually fund the development of AAA games.

Sony doesn't have this issue. They spend a lot on development because they make a lot from their games. They've said this is why they don't have a Sony GamePass.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m pretty sure everyone expects a price rise at some point for game pass.

and I can’t imagine gears or halo or for Forza only going AA.

don’t they have PS now? Something like that?