main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Technically, yes. But he's not under contract. Unless he changes his mind, I think the closest we could get is voice acting.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    James Mangold can always make that Laura / X-23 movie. Which I would love but even her ending in Logan is fantastic.

3. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    CosmicWonder and The Illuminerd are explaining that the first report was kinda incomplete and it was not just the actors that have contractual obligations till 2025 in place, but also producers and some of their assistents AND THAT'S WHERE THE MAIN PROBLEM REALLY LIES.
    So, if Disney tried to do anything X-Men before 2025, people like Simon Kinberg had to be attached to it somehow.
    And Feige don't want nothing with Kinberg and chose to wait.

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Lost me at the Illuminerdi and that the very notion of it is absurd. And as mentioned they're making a Deadpool movie fine and dandy. I'll buy it if it comes from the trades like Hollywood Reporter or Variety or Deadline.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not to mention Charles appeared, yet no one from 20th Century including Kinberg was credited.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’ve actually wondered if introducing Laura first in the MCU, and saving aligns for later, might be a wiser idea; this is partially because I thought it might be better to suggest that mutant numbers are low enough for most of them to still be active in the events of the MCU, but highly insular and hidden from sight.

Like, imagine if Professor X is again introduced with his school already up and running, with a quiet tactical team already active, but just quieter. And maybe Weapon X was deployed against Winter Soldier and teamed with Isaiah Bradley briefly. Maybe some government types under Hydra were already trying to round up and exploit any mutants they found, which resulted in Magneto’s backstory getting moved up in time a bit, and in Weapon X finding X-23 and dropping her off at Xavier’s.

And just the general chaos and stress of the modern MCU has increased the number of mutants emerging…

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yknow also these Marvel "Phases" are planned out way in advance, I'd bet when even Infinity War and Endgame were in production the notion of a "Multiverse Saga" was already brewing, which was without the Fox buyout already being finalized. So you'd figure whatever Grand Plan is rolling it's already underway. and Mutants are a huge different aspect to the MCU so they'll probably slow roll it anyway. By using Charles Xavier Patrick Stewart professor X was more of a stopgap anyway.

And maybe the next saga is the "Mutant Saga". that seems like a full Saga to me.

Also another reason that report is bunk is because the Multiverse Saga doesn't end until 2025 anyway and the hahaha Illuminerdi source hahaah came out afterwards, surprise surprise, you won't see any X-Men until 2025.

But I'm guessing the end of Secret War will lead to some continuity rewriting (like the 2015 Secret War had Miles bounce over universes) so they can backlog the mutants into the MCU history which in the current timeline it doesn't seem applicable.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  9. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

So, let's face the facts: he's already Ciclops.

His denial follow suit with Rudd denying being the Ant-Man; Tatiana Maslany denying being in She Hulk and Oscar Isaac denying he was playing MoonKnight.:rolleyes:

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I seriously doubt they’ve started casting any of the X-Men yet.

BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    He looks more fitting to be Havoc to me

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    X-Men: The Significance of Elliot Page Playing Kitty Pryde

This is more of an op-ed piece than any sort of rumor. I did like Elliot Page's performances as Kitty in the original X-Men films. But granted it's been what, about a decade or so since the character was used at all? I'd imagine if there's a reboot of the X-Men franchise, they won't just consider any of the characters from the originals.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All I know is he was a non-Jew playing one of the most recognizable Jews in the Marvel comics history so there's that... :p (don't get me started on Magneto... either of them)

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    'will likely see familiar faces return'

:rolleyes: riiiight, that's about as far as i needed to read. real sure Feige will put together a patchwork of old and new instead of just getting a new cast .

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Would love to see Mr. Sinister as a live action villain. I'd like to see Jason Isaacs play him.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was taken aback by the notion that Kitty Pryde was even part of the LGBTQ+ community, as the article mentions. The only acknowledgement that I was aware of regarding her faith (outside of her last name, which is common among the Jewish community as I know), was this little snippet from X-Men Evolution where she's lighting the Menorah with her family during the ending sequence of a holiday episode.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Kitty's jewishnes have been an important part of her characters in many stories. Re. the LGBTQ+ thing was it for a very long time hinted at that she was bi (and to my understanding a bit more actully hinting to it than just fandom seeing sexuallity in strong friendships) and that was canonically established... around two years ago, I think.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Kitty's being Jewish was a big deal in the comics, though my most favorite reference is in What If... Wolverine Became Lord of the Vampires? and she tries to use her Star of David on Dracula (rather than a cross)!

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    They have done that also in the mainstream comic if I remember right

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Very possibly that panel was from the original which I never read; I only read the What If... lol...

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that's the whole thing; I'm only familiar with how she was represented in the films and TV series - not the comics.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah it's not as if Patrick Stewart has already played Professor X in a Marvel Studios project. And Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are back as Deadpool and Wolverine. And Evan Peters Quicksliver already.

I really don't think the MCU X-Men will be a ground zero recast as they've already used multiple Foxverse X-Men alums already. Multiverse clearly gives them a out to reuse actors.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Did it work?

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Especially if "Secret Wars" uses the Multiverse angle and follows the 2015 version.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    lol, it did not... (but not because she wasn't faithful, but because... he was ******* Dracula)