main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It'll probably get shoved out the door whenever theaters are at 25% capacity for a week or so.

2. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Just saw on Youtube a teaser for The Boy's season 2 and occured to me that Anthony Starr should be the next Magneto

Someone text Feige about this.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    X-Men Movie Cast Reunites with a surprise guest

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    "X-Men Origins Reunite! Yeah..."

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Oh my god, shut up.

Darth Chiznuk and heels1785 like this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    New teaser in advance of the movie being added to the slate for ComicCon @ Home:

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    This is either a fantastic fake leak (complete with new footage) or an ad for New Mutants on Disney plus

FYI, while Disney plus in Canada has had X-MEN movies since December, they have recently been added weekly to Disney plus USA. Indication that they're leading up to something?

Just put it out on D+ already! Surely they had to finagle the theatrical release contract by now!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    VadersLaMent likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Panel discussion. Full opening scene at the end. Still hanging on to the theatrical release, August 25th. We'll see if there's VOD added close to the date

VadersLaMent likes this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    So Mulan, which was rescheduled for August 21, gets removed from the release slate indefinitely because of the current situation. And we're supposed to believe The New Mutants is going to hit its August 28 release date? Either this movie is getting pushed again, or it's going straight to VOD or streaming, or it'll actually hit its release date and tank just so it's finally off Disney's hands.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think they're basically using New Mutants as the test case and to also to fulfill the "theatrical release" contractual obligation. I'm thinking like Onward it may hit Disney plus about 2 weeks later.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The footage starts at 24:32. That does look cool and that's a lot of Soulsword action.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I was extremely impressed with the The New Mutants panel -- from starting off making fun of themselves, to it looking like literally the entire cast was having a blast being together again, and then the footage basically looking like it did originally (gothic horror mutant movie)... basically, I'm still looking forward to this, even if it's been delayed so long.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    My hope is that the studio just didn't know what to make of a superhero movie with heavy horror elements so they shelved it....but that's exactly what this should be!

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, wasn't it the fact that trailer made the film look more like a horror film the reason why Fox delayed it, so as to do the reshoots to up the horror film elements to better match the trailer, like a reverse-Suicide Squad? Then the reshoots never happened, so we're getting whatever the original film was without the horror element increased?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's the thing -- people kept speculating about massive reshoots but... most reports from the cast and director say that's not true, that the film now basically looks like the film then, just normal reshoots. Just that the reshoots happened right around the Fox sale, and Disney purchase, and everything else being cancelled things took on a life of their own...

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It looks better than I thought it would. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    This movie may end up being largely inconsequential, at the box office or otherwise. But if a tell all account of it's production were ever written I'd wager it would be fascinating for movie making nerds. Supposedly Fox was initially scared by the horror elements and wanted reshoots to bring it more in line with the typical X-Men movie. Then between the success of It and the buzz from the first trailer being positive they (again supposedly) decided to give Boone enough leash make it a true super hero horror film and reshoot what was needed for that. Then the sale to Disney happened, everything put on hold, then make it as close to what you wanted Josh with what ya got, Feige wants so change it enough to integrate it into the MCU, no Feige wants to kill it ... so much has swirled around this one. If even just a little of it is true it would be an interesting postmortem.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Boy, you said it Chewie. If this movie is actually good, I will sacrifice to the movie Gods. I thought there was no chance, but I like what I've seen so far.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Another trailer, plus info on where the sequels would have gone:

The film is now a standalone, not a potential franchise launcher like it was when Boone made the film at Fox. Boone previously revealed he wanted Antonio Banderas for the Brazil-set second film, and now he’s told Collider that the film would have also had the characters Warlock and Karma in it, and a third one would have adapted the Inferno comics storyline.
    It also confirms there were never any reshoots or pickups filmed.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ah, so it went even further than what had previously been heard (which I posted), which was that there were no pickups either...

The2ndQuest likes this.
  21. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I was under the impression that not a single second of additional time in front of a camera had been devoted to it since they wrapped on primary.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    probably for the best everyone has aged like 4 years since they shot it anyway.

It seems some theatres are aiming for late August reopening so I think New Mutants and Tenet will be at the forefront of that, but possibly only internationally.

23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    a repost...of sorts (not including the fan's SW edit that I posted in the Marvel thread)

She needs to come back to the MCU

24. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    A look on the troublesome path that led to the downfall of the Fox X-men Cinematic Universe:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...tic-x-men-set-movie-created-a-monster-1305081

PS1: The fact they replaced Synger with publicly known womanizer Brett Ratner certainly make things better.
    PS2: About the desastrous 2 last films, i have heard a lot of disturbing things about the set of Apocaypse, that follow/led to the Dark Phoenix mess.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'll die on that hill, the last X-Men movie was actually good.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.